Black Americans account for the 13% of the population but commit 50% of the violent crimes

If you need to deny the correlation between poverty and violent crime, and direct your resentment at Black Americans, that is what you will do. A social safety net is a hallmark of advanced democracies.

Our social programs are far beyond a "safety net." In many cases those on social programs do better than working people. As for blacks, you white guilt people want to blame everybody else except the individual for their actions. Well guess what, poverty is the word we use for not having enough money. The solution to getting money is getting a job. After you get a job, don't have children you can't afford. Don't have children with a person until you are sure the relationship is set in concrete. Don't do drugs and avoid being involved in crime.

I don’t and never have used grass, but it seems to be fairly benign with fewer bad effects than alcohol. As far as I’m concerned, private use should be legal just like alcohol is and under the same conditions.
Part of the issue today is the new marijuana product known as dabbing if you looked it up you can see the side effects of it. It’s a very powerful and expensive product and manufacturers or even local sellers can put whatever they want in there including fentanyl and heroin.

I have nothing against any responsible adult who smokes marijuana that’s their choice but I think that this issue has become so main stream that with the sales of products to children which is happening at smoke shops across United States especially illegal sticker shops. The marijuana issue is something to look at.

So in that regard today’s marijuana is nothing like the marijuana of the 1960s or even 2018 for that matter.

You go to any inner city in this country the whole place smells like dope. And that’s an issue all over the place by the way go to Las Vegas for example go down to Fremont Street it smells like dope everywhere and a lot of people are upset about that. I was in Vegas for four months last summer and that was something that I just couldn’t imagine but I guess it makes sense with the legalization of dope and the smoke shops all over Las Vegas flooding the city. And of course the prices are very high I just can’t imagine how middle-class people can afford that stuff.

I posted this in another thread it is a scene from the film boys in the Hood starring Larry Fishbourne and Cuba Gooding Junior. It is totally spot on for describing how you have liquor stores, smoke shops, fast food restaurants and this “cash for home” thing that are destroying inner cities across the country. And when I talk about fast food restaurants I’m not talking about the responsible people who go every now and then I’m talking about people in the inner cities who don’t have any grocery stores by them but the nearest food place is a Kentucky fried chicken or McDonald’s and they are going there every day. Sometimes multiple times a day spending way too much money on this fast food when they could spend a fraction of that and better food at a grocery store like a nice steak dinner.

The following applies to poor white people poor Black people how they are getting screwed today by poor leader ship at all levels

And that movie came out in the early 1990s right around the time of the downfall of the American middle-class when we were losing so many steel jobs and auto jobs …

30 years later the inner cities are even worse than they were in the early 1990s. Whereas if you go back to the 50s, 60s 70s 80s it wasn’t the same it was a much better place the homes were better the streets were better.

Our social programs are far beyond a "safety net." In many cases those on social programs do better than working people. As for blacks, you white guilt people want to blame everybody else except the individual for their actions. Well guess what, poverty is the word we use for not having enough money. The solution to getting money is getting a job. After you get a job, don't have children you can't afford. Don't have children with a person until you are sure the relationship is set in concrete. Don't do drugs and avoid being involved in crime.

Well there are more whites on these programs than black folks. Is white guilt paying them? I have never seen any guilt associated with these programs.

Well there are more whites on these programs than black folks. Is white guilt paying them? I have never seen any guilt associated with these programs.

I don't know how many times you need to promote that lie. More whites on welfare because we are five times your population and that's the only reason. You don't want to look at real statistics because real statistics tell the truth, and as a leftist, we know showing you the truth is like showing Dracula a cross.

Damn!

5-2-600x472.jpg

A Harsh New Light on Race and Murder
But again, if we look to our history, the high crime rate for black people is not because they are black. It was because short sighted liberal white people and black activist opportunists tore apart the neighborhoods and institutions that provided quality of life and support for black citizens who, up to that point, were the demographic gaining the fastest economically. Their policies tore apart black families and isolated them. Their rhetoric infused anger and resentment and an entitlement mindset among the young.

The kind of 'woke' counter culture that had its seeds sown in the 1960's and 70's has grown into a culture trained and encouraged to be hostile, pitting this group against that one, insisting that our traditions and history are evil, encouraging people to lash out and cancel anybody who gets in their way about anything and making excuses for all but traditional white people and Christians who do wrong.

The refusal of the American left to allow black people to just be citizens like all other citizens but demanding they see themselves as victims, oppressed, and disadvantaged is a very large part of the worst syndromes we see now.

I don't know how many times you need to promote that lie. More whites on welfare because we are five times your population and that's the only reason. You don't want to look at real statistics because real statistics tell the truth, and as a leftist, we know showing you the truth is like showing Dracula a cross.

The real statistics are, there are more whites on these programs than blacks. You never want to talk about so many whites are on it.

But again, if we look to our history, the high crime rate for black people is not because they are black. It was because short sighted liberal white people and black activist opportunists tore apart the neighborhoods and institutions that provided quality of life and support for black citizens who, up to that point, were the demographic gaining the fastest economically. Their policies tore apart black families and isolated them. Their rhetoric infused anger and resentment and an entitlement mindset among the young.

The kind of 'woke' counter culture that had its seeds sown in the 1960's and 70's has grown into a culture trained and encouraged to be hostile, pitting this group against that one, insisting that our traditions and history are evil, encouraging people to lash out and cancel anybody who gets in their way about anything and making excuses for all but traditional white people and Christians who do wrong.

The refusal of the American left to allow black people to just be citizens like all other citizens but demanding they see themselves as victims, oppressed, and disadvantaged is a very large part of the worst syndromes we see now.
Agreed, but the right did nothing to rectify these problems.

The real statistics are, there are more whites on these programs than blacks. You never want to talk about so many whites are on it.

So many whites aren't on it. That's why you have to lie to make your point. The only real measure is per capita, and blacks lead welfare use per capita well over whites. But again, you want to use fudged numbers instead of real ones.

Is it “black crime”awareness month again already?
Things must not be going very well if you’re already back on this garbage.

Nothing excuses those who do wrong. Wrong is wrong. Crime is crime. Evil is evil.

Crime among black people was pretty rare, more rare than among white people, when I was growing up. I qualify that by saying crime was pretty rare period. Why?

The vast majority of people professed a religious faith then or at least accepted and tolerated those who did and participated in their celebrations of it without prejudice or resentment. That in itself is a modifying factor unless it is a religion of mayhem and war. We didn't have those back then.

Most children, black, white and other, had a mom and dad in the home, schools that taught real subjects, grew up in supportive, caring communities. Back then more were poor than not, but people helped people and being poor did not equate with being criminal. Illegal drugs were not part of anybody's culture then.

These days black children are told they are oppressed and victims of racism and white children are told they are racist and oppressive. Welfare, urban renewal, and a culture that celebrated almost any form of marriage other than traditional ones tore apart supportive black communities and institutions and decimated the black traditional families.

And peer pressure is a terrible thing when it pulls people the wrong way.

The 'woke' culture is in no way a justification or excuse for black crime of any sort. But I do strongly believe it is a reason. As well as a factor in most other crime.
Woke from the perspective of black people is not accepting to be oppressed. Slavery became oppression because blacks weren't accepted as equals after slavery.

What matters now is that America has created a situation that is becoming unlivable.

Move on from what used to be and start thinking of a way to fix what has been done, to heal the wounds. 'Woke' also means that black people aren't going to accept police brutality that so often ends in murder.

You've written a lengthy piece that's meant to show that you care. Do you really care now?

There are statistics and there are those who misrepresent the statistics.

There are 47 million black people in the United States.
There are 270 million black people in the United States.

19% of black people live at or below the poverty line or roughly 9 million.

8% of white people live at or below the poverty line or roughly 21 million.

For the mathematically challenged, it is a fact that a smaller percentage of a large number can produce a much higher total than a large percentage of a small number.

Forum List

Back