Billionaires steal election…

Or is it all Putin’s fault?

Only in the land of the “free.”

Sitting here in Canada, I've been watching the OBSCENE amounts of money being poured into the elections and thinking of all of the infrastructure, education, and programs which help American families, instead of being used to line the pockets of the political consultants, and media corporations running the ads.

Our elections last 42 days from the date the writ is dropped. Political Campaigns cannot begin advertizing before that and they must stop 2 days before the election. I attended a 4 day event this past weekend and one of the Americans there commented how wonderful it was in Canada with no political ads on the TV. She was dreading going home.

Sitting here in Canada, I've been watching the OBSCENE amounts of money being poured into the elections and thinking of all of the infrastructure, education, and programs which help American families, instead of being used to line the pockets of the political consultants, and media corporations running the ads.

Our elections last 42 days from the date the writ is dropped. Political Campaigns cannot begin advertizing before that and they must stop 2 days before the election. I attended a 4 day event this past weekend and one of the Americans there commented how wonderful it was in Canada with no political ads on the TV. She was dreading going home.
As you may know, in the US the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Nothing else matters.

1667554225014.png

~S~

uh huh

and you think 1% rule is capaitalism?

~S~
America is a mixed system, hell maybe even leaning more toward Keynes than Smith, but as a whole, we are a capitalist society...You have the ability to take an idea and totally change your path, at anytime in your life...So, the 1% rule that you threw out is just not correct.

What you say is true, but then your leader is no better than ours so the two systems seem to be a wash.

Its an eye watering amount.
True that…and most disgusting.

Americans bitch about Russia spending 50k on FB ads no one saw, but no one says a word about billionaire‘s trying to influence the election, with their enormous ill gotten wealth.

Or is it all Putin’s fault?

Only in the land of the “free.”

Well Gipper...it looks like we can agree on something (even if I am a Liberal) The supreme court decision that allowed for this kind of madness needs to stop now. Maybe both sides should express this (loudly) to the high court.

Forum List

Back