What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billboard Has Dems Crying

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one's taking responsibility! Who'd a thunk it?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good thing about Trump is he sucked just as much as Biden....

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I thought the US had obscenity laws in advertising..
The problem with obscenity laws? Is they need to prove that they appeal to ‘prurient interest,’ or something of a sexual nature, making it, "filthy." I am not sure this rises to that definition.

". . . Currently, obscenity is evaluated by federal and state courts alike using a tripartite standard established by Miller v. California. The Miller test for obscenity includes the following criteria: (1) whether ‘the average person, applying contemporary community standards’ would find that the work, ‘taken as a whole,’ appeals to ‘prurient interest’ (2) whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by the applicable state law, and (3) whether the work, ‘taken as a whole,’ lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.. . ."

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The problem with obscenity laws? Is they need to prove that they appeal to ‘prurient interest,’ or something of a sexual nature, making it, "filthy." I am not sure this rises to that definition.

". . . Currently, obscenity is evaluated by federal and state courts alike using a tripartite standard established by Miller v. California. The Miller test for obscenity includes the following criteria: (1) whether ‘the average person, applying contemporary community standards’ would find that the work, ‘taken as a whole,’ appeals to ‘prurient interest’ (2) whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by the applicable state law, and (3) whether the work, ‘taken as a whole,’ lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.. . ."
yeah, until you tell the cop he's a piece of shit and he takes you away.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many that find this funny accuse Democrats of suffering from TDS?
While I do agree with you. . . when the other side depicted the President of the United States of America as this?

iu

. . . as a nation, and a civilization, the conversation was doomed to degrade.

Now, I realized, this balloon was funded and made in Britain, but when they allowed it to be brought over here? And American media companies broadcast it all over the place?
That was pretty low and disrespectful to the office of the President.

That was, near as I can tell, when the gloves came off.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score

59517k.jpg

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score

59517k.jpg
I am a true Napoleonic code of laws kinda guy.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score

59517k.jpg
I am a true Napoleonic code of laws kind guy.
I've noticed.

:death:

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many that find this funny accuse Democrats of suffering from TDS?
While I do agree with you. . . when the other side depicted the President of the United States of America as this?

iu

. . . as a nation, and a civilization, the conversation was doomed to degrade.

Now, I realized, this balloon was funded and made in Britain, but when they allowed it to be brought over here? And American media companies broadcast it all over the place?
That was pretty low and disrespectful to the office of the President.

That was, near as I can tell, when the gloves came off.
Yeah, didn't need the Brits to do it!

210303-trump-statue-cpac-al-1202_9b6e43384ac0f79f4b9d6f7ad293e15b.jpg

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$505.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List