Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate

I hear ya, but sadly you're still a bit confused and naive. However, i think you'll get it someday.

After 30 years I am hardly naïve. We just have different points of view, different beliefs, different values. I doubt you will 'get it' someday...and that is ok. The world would be jacked up even more if everyone saw things through 'Liberal eyes'...or 'Conservative eyes'.

And for all the liberties and freedoms you have and continue to enjoy, I am sure all the military members who have fallen around the world In the past defending those rights and liberties for you would say, 'You're welcome'.

Sadly, that's rarely been the case. Most of the wars they've fought in were merely wars for acquiring more money & power for the few Elites. The preservation of our Freedom & Liberty hasn't been the reason for war for many many years. Our soldiers are being used as mercenaries for the rich. They're disposable meat for the Permanent War Meat Grinder.

They're not fighting 'Right vs. Wrong' or 'Freedom & Democracy' wars. I'm sorry, but that is the sad reality. I wouldn't encourage young people to join the military at this point. And i don't believe in forcing them to register for a draft either. If the Elites want Permanent War, let them and their own children head off to be killed and maimed. But the rest of us will pass.

I hope all the feminists who scoffed at me decades ago in my first political speech at my state capitol are still alive. I said at the time, when speaking for the rescinding of the ERA, their version of equality would eventuality lead to the drafting of women into combat. They screeched at me as being a preposterous hysteric.

This movement putting women into combat was started by Pat Schroeder. I want her name to be forever noted for posterity. Her wiki page makes no mention of her key role in this. I find that very interesting.

I was young at the time that happened and I'm still alive.

I come from a very long line of feminists. I'm a feminist.

At the time I didn't scoff, I actually said "I hope so."

I have also marched and protested every war this nation has been involved with since the Vietnam war. I am totally against war in most situations.

I believe if we have a draft, then everyone, including politicians and rich people go to war. Not just those who aren't well connected or have a lot of money.

I also support equality for women. I'm not a hypocrite so I believe equality means in everything, you can't pick and choose.

I hear ya, but sadly you're still a bit confused and naive. However, i think you'll get it someday.

After 30 years I am hardly naïve. We just have different points of view, different beliefs, different values. I doubt you will 'get it' someday...and that is ok. The world would be jacked up even more if everyone saw things through 'Liberal eyes'...or 'Conservative eyes'.

And for all the liberties and freedoms you have and continue to enjoy, I am sure all the military members who have fallen around the world In the past defending those rights and liberties for you would say, 'You're welcome'.

Sadly, that's rarely been the case. Most of the wars they've fought in were merely wars for acquiring more money & power for the few Elites. The preservation of our Freedom & Liberty hasn't been the reason for war for many many years. Our soldiers are being used as mercenaries for the rich. They're disposable meat for the Permanent War Meat Grinder.

They're not fighting 'Right vs. Wrong' or 'Freedom & Democracy' wars. I'm sorry, but that is the sad reality. I wouldn't encourage young people to join the military at this point. And i don't believe in forcing them to register for a draft either. If the Elites want Permanent War, let them and their own children head off to be killed and maimed. But the rest of us will pass.
Spoken like a true member of the Green Party.

Now see if this sounds just like you:

The American empire has not altered under Barack Obama. It kills as brutally and indiscriminately in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan as it did under George W. Bush. It steals from the U.S. treasury to enrich the corporate elite as rapaciously. It will not give us universal health care, abolish the Bush secrecy laws, end torture or “extraordinary rendition,” restore habeas corpus or halt the warrantless wiretapping and monitoring of citizens. It will not push through significant environmental reform, regulate Wall Street or end our relationship with private contractors that provide mercenary armies to fight our imperial wars and produce useless and costly weapons systems.

The sad reality is that all the well-meaning groups and individuals who challenge our permanent war economy and the doctrine of pre-emptive war, who care about sustainable energy, fight for civil liberties and want corporate malfeasance to end, were once again suckered by the Democratic Party.

Nader Was Right: Liberals Are Going Nowhere With Obama: Chris Hedges

We owe Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney and the Green Party an apology. They were right.

I'm telling you, paulitician. You are a Green Party person, not a Libertarian. It's a common mistake uninformed rubes often make, thinking they are Libertarians when they are really Naderites.

But it seems that women are also the predominant group to complain when women's rights are pushed aside in favor of equal rights.

I believe what you mean to say is that women are the first to complain when female privilege is pushed aside in favor of equality.
You are welcome to interpret things however you like. It happens all the time here.

One more good reason to require females to register is the rule that locks one out of federal jobs, student loans, etc. as punishment (without judicial process, mind ye) for failure to register within 30-days of one's 18th Birthday. Though that would do little for the eternal pre-teens.

Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate | Military.com

A provision that would require women to register for the military draft alongside men for the first time in American history was included as part of the massive 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate handily on Tuesday with an 85-13 vote.

The language requiring the draft for women was added in committee and received little debate on the Senate floor, but has created a firestorm of controversy on and off Capitol Hill. It comes as the military services welcome women into previously closed ground combat units in keeping with a mandate from Defense Secretary Ash Carter given late last year.

Equality!

How many teenage girls are going to say "As if! Well, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!"?
If there is an active draft and women need to serve, there will be a LOT of pregnant women all of a sudden. Married or no.

There will always be draft dodgers. Getting pregnant for that purpose is pretty extreme. Not far off the mark from shooting yourself in the foot.
Let's hope we never find out if my prediction is right. A lot of the young ladies I know don't consider bringing a life into this world as a very big deal. They figure that part out much later.

There is absolutely no reason to draft women! None! If they were to come after my daughters they would have to look in another country for them! The draft is nothing more than involuntary servitude, making slaves out of citizens

You asked when!
I answered with when they were 18!
Nobody mention any age limit because the already had signed up

No, I clearly stated, "when do old people have to be available for the draft?" Interestingly enough, old people actually decide if we go to war to begin with.

Equality is equality is equality. So...when do old people have to be available for the draft?
I can just see us now....our sacks of medications, Depends, orthotics and several dietary restrictions. Plus being crabby and stubborn and totally unwilling to take orders from a drill sergeant. :)

Forum List

Back