Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

Were you really a gunny sergeant? I never once asked the men under me if they approved of the particular mission our unit was sent to accomplish. never once. It is immaterial to the job at hand.

I have no base of knowledge, other than reading. Might not this be the difference between commissioned and non-commissioned?

I have no base of knowledge, other than reading. Might not this be the difference between commissioned and non-commissioned?

I never once heard a chief petty officer take a poll of his sailors to ask them if they thought the mission we were on was a "good idea".

"Hey guys... a simple show of hands....before we sail off to the persian gulf to guard the tankers coming out of the straights of hormuz for seven months, how many of you think that is a good thing for the Navy to be doing?"

the idea is laughable.

I have no idea whether "gunny" is legit or not, but I do know he would have been laughed out of the Navy if he had ever polled his subordinates to find out if they approved of their mission.

what exactly are your qualifications to pass judgement on the office of the president?

I am a citizen.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt

if you would like to suggest that it is not my DUTY to criticize the president, I would suggest you shut your fucking piehole.

i did not use the word "right" i used the word "qualification"

Ok, I have a 6th grade education and am qualified to vote. I'm qualified to criticise the President and his/her policies, no?

I have more middle eastern experience than he does.

We have YOUR INTERNET word on that. In any case, all US citizens have a right to say what they wish, (legally) about the President and his decisions.

then you should run for office and make a difference

you'll not be too upset if I don't make life plans based upon your suggestions, will you?

Are YOU suggesting that only americans in office can make a difference? Are you suggesting that if one is not in office that they remain silent?

Do you have an valid points or are you just being a prick?

you'll not be too upset if I don't make life plans based upon your suggestions, will you?

Are YOU suggesting that only americans in office can make a difference? Are you suggesting that if one is not in office that they remain silent?

If you want to make a contribution go to a party and let Ted Kennedy drive you home - over water would be a plus

We had an officer like you, maineman.

Came into SHAPE, was going to 'square us away".

Started off with "rise, and shine" at 5:00AM.

Next was exercises.

Lastely was "sick call".

He lasted about 60 days, wonder why?

We had an officer like you, maineman.

Came into SHAPE, was going to 'square us away".

Started off with "rise, and shine" at 5:00AM.

Next was exercises.

Lastely was "sick call".

He lasted about 60 days, wonder why?

Let me guess: he was so effective they promoted him right out of there and into a position that had more responsibility.

Were you really a gunny sergeant? I never once asked the men under me if they approved of the particular mission our unit was sent to accomplish. never once. It is immaterial to the job at hand.

And as I have already pointed out, and appears to be an ongoing problem with you, your comment is completely irrelevent to what I posted. Try to differentiate between the apples -n- oranges .... it ain't that hard.

And if you want to start this credibility questioning, insulting game here, I'll rip you a new asshole ... AGAIN. So knock off the shit and respond to the posts and don't be a dick. I know it's hard for you, being an intellectually superior zero and all, but you can at least try.

No. The difference is real. He just refuses to acknowledge it because he's too busy trying to make himslef look smart at my expense, when in actuality, he's just making himself look dumb to anyone who ever served.

Officially, military personnel follow orders without question. I did not dispute that.

However, ALL military personnel ARE entitled to the redress of grievances. Request Mast is one form, where a military person takes his girievance through the chain of command.

Writing one's Congressperson is another.

In both instances, military personnel are allowed to express their opinions WITHOUT FEAR of prejudice or consequence. Obviously, the good Cmdr has no real command time or he'd be REAL familiar with request mast and/or Congressional inquiries.

I never once heard a chief petty officer take a poll of his sailors to ask them if they thought the mission we were on was a "good idea".

"Hey guys... a simple show of hands....before we sail off to the persian gulf to guard the tankers coming out of the straights of hormuz for seven months, how many of you think that is a good thing for the Navy to be doing?"

the idea is laughable.

I have no idea whether "gunny" is legit or not, but I do know he would have been laughed out of the Navy if he had ever polled his subordinates to find out if they approved of their mission.

I suggested no such thing, and you're leaping to quite a stretch attempting to say I did.

And let's don't play here. You know I'm legit. We've already been through this little bullshit game of yours once elsewhere. Disagreeing with you, who IMO sound like nothing more than a chair polishing bureaucratic member of the officer corps, doesn't question my credibility at all.

Forum List

Back