Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

I have no idea what that last remark is supposed to mean ... are you now disrespecting MY experience?

As for flippant... I also posted quotes in context with links stating his own views on criticisms from subordinates. It is obvious he views such as neither disrespectful nor flippant and indeed offers his own criticisms of his superiors.

I now have to believe that you think Eatons remarks towards Rumsfeld are flippant and disrespectful...or do you hold a double standard?

are you really that dumb or is it an act?

I am not disrespecting your combat experience in any way...I am saying that if flag officers HAVE to have combat experience in order for their opinions to be valid, in order for their leadership to be worthy... we will have to perpetually be at war.

Do you disagree with that hypothesis?

are you really that dumb or is it an act?

I am not disrespecting your combat experience in any way...I am saying that if flag officers HAVE to have combat experience in order for their opinions to be valid, in order for their leadership to be worthy... we will have to perpetually be at war.

Do you disagree with that hypothesis?

No I do not disagree with that hypothesis, but I do not recall anyone saying that they did. However, would you PREFER someone who has experience to perform your required brain surgery or do you want the person who studied it but has never done it?

As for being dumb are you deliberately being an ass or are you trolling again?

Gunny has your number. You are an elitist hypocrit. You demand respect and give none, you deliberately twist the conversation to deflect the obvious and when all else fails resort to name calling and personal insults. In other words you are a stereotypical lib. I had thought we had worked this out but apparently not; therefore I am going to neg rep you and put you on ignore. I just prefer to spend my time with those less immature.

CSM do not waste your time asking this crud any straight questions. He has bellowed about his service as a Navy Commander

This jerk could not command a boat in the tunnel of love and he would get lost and wind up off course

No I do not disagree with that hypothesis, but I do not recall anyone saying that they did. However, would you PREFER someone who has experience to perform your required brain surgery or do you want the person who studied it but has never done it?

As for being dumb are you deliberately being an ass or are you trolling again?

Gunny has your number. You are an elitist hypocrit. You demand respect and give none, you deliberately twist the conversation to deflect the obvious and when all else fails resort to name calling and personal insults. In other words you are a stereotypical lib. I had thought we had worked this out but apparently not; therefore I am going to neg rep you and put you on ignore. I just prefer to spend my time with those less immature.

Would I PREFER that all flag officers have boatloads of combat experience? Silly question. I would PREFER that NO officers have combat experience....

and I know full well that the experience that flag officers get in a career of increasingly responsible positions maintaining unit readiness in a non-combat cold war environment is extremely valuable and not to be scoffed at disrespectfully... with cute comments about his skills in the french language.

Would I PREFER that all flag officers have boatloads of combat experience? Silly question. I would PREFER that NO officers have combat experience....

and I know full well that the experience that flag officers get in a career of increasingly responsible positions maintaining unit readiness in a non-combat cold war environment is extremely valuable and not to be scoffed at disrespectfully... with cute comments about his skills in the french language.

At least MM does offer this board a boatload on a dialy basis. He spreads it around thicker then a farmer in the field

BTW, back to the topic at hand - why do Hollywood libs openly insult and smear our troops much like the Capital Hill libs?

At least MM does offer this board a boatload on a dialy basis. He spreads it around thicker then a farmer in the field

MM's veneer of civility is pretty darn thin. Doesn't take much for him to start acting like some college kid. You don't even have to call him names; simply disagree with him. That is why i will ignore his posts from now on...no substance to speak of there.

MM's veneer of civility is pretty darn thin. Doesn't take much for him to start acting like some college kid. You don't even have to call him names; simply disagree with him. That is why i will ignore his posts from now on...no substance to speak of there.

Vaild point, but knowing how he smears the troops - I do enjoy his meltdowns
Thanks to you again for your service sir

BTW, back to the topic at hand - why do Hollywood libs openly insult and smear our troops much like the Capital Hill libs?

Lets see, what do all Hollywood players crave...hmmm....OH I KNOW!!! ATTENTION! What makes great headline grabbers? why its statements on political figures...

Actually it's all pretty shallow and anyone who thinks some puke who makes a living out of portraying fantasy knows anything about political issues is deluding themselves. Hollywooders state opinions....nothing more.

Lets see, what do all Hollywood players crave...hmmm....OH I KNOW!!! ATTENTION! What makes great headline grabbers? why its statements on political figures...

Actually it's all pretty shallow and anyone who thinks some puke who makes a living out of portraying fantasy knows anything about political issues is deluding themselves. Hollywooders state opinions....nothing more.

I do laugh when the pinheads on the left say they support the troops but not the war

That is like saying you support football players but hate the game. With such great public spokespeople like Rosie, Maher, Tim Robbins, and ther other liberal twits, they are showing their true feelings about the US military

It saddens me when people can't grasp the fact that the armed services belong to he country not the president, they follow the orders given to them by those given the mandate by the populace.

Agreed. However, following orders does not include blind agreement. And i am not talking about a few troops running their mouthes in the media.

If US military personnel did not support what we are doing in Iraq, it would be fairly common knowledge; especially, since the MSM would pounce on THAT story about as fast as they could.

Agreed. However, following orders does not include blind agreement. And i am not talking about a few troops running their mouthes in the media.

If US military personnel did not support what we are doing in Iraq, it would be fairly common knowledge; especially, since the MSM would pounce on THAT story about as fast as they could.

who CARES if the troops do or do not support what we are doing in Iraq? It is none of their concern. No one ever asked anybody I ever knew on active duty if they supported the particular mission they found themselves performimg...

The job of our military is to go and do whatever the national command authority tells them to do to the best of their ability until they are told to stop and go do something else. Their "support" or lack thereof is totally immaterial, and always has been.

who CARES if the troops do or do not support what we are doing in Iraq? It is none of their concern. No one ever asked anybody I ever knew on active duty if they supported the particular mission they found themselves performimg...

The job of our military is to go and do whatever the national command authority tells them to do to the best of their ability until they are told to stop and go do something else. Their "support" or lack thereof is totally immaterial, and always has been.
I have to agree. While all arms of the government belong to the people, they willingly give their consent to the elected officials. If not, it's revolution time. With that said, while President does not 'own' the military, it is his job to be CIC.

I have to agree. While all arms of the government belong to the people, they willingly give their consent to the elected officials. If not, it's revolution time. With that said, while President does not 'own' the military, it is his job to be CIC.

and it is my right- and duty - as a citizen to voice my disapproval of the job he is doing.

Think REAL hard about what you just posted. None of their concern? :wtf:

If you re-read what I posted, I did not comment on what the job of the military is. I'm pretty-well aware of waht their job is.

Whether or not they support the policy they are carrying out IS their concern, and is hardly immaterial at the personal level; which, is what I commented on, not the mission of the US military. It's the difference between believing what you are doing is right or wrong.

Just as I would expect you to know and understand that simple fact, I also expect you to know that military personnel DO have an avenue to legally voice their approval/disapproval. It's called a letter to one's Congressperson.

You get enough military personnel sending letters to their Congressional representatives, somebody will have to take notice.

And "who cares" would be the anti-war advocates/peaceniks and those who oppose everything Bush does, to include the MSM. THEY care. If the dissension existed, you don't think the aforementioned wouldn't be politicizing the Hell out of it?

You get enough military personnel sending letters to their Congressional representatives, somebody will have to take notice.

And "who cares" would be the anti-war advocates/peaceniks and those who oppose everything Bush does, to include the MSM. THEY care. If the dissension existed, you don't think the aforementioned wouldn't be politicizing the Hell out of it?

Oh I do agree that the people will listen to the military, many of us have. Via milbloggers and such. Not this stuff:

http://www.zogby.com/NEWS/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

Think REAL hard about what you just posted. None of their concern? :wtf:

If you re-read what I posted, I did not comment on what the job of the military is. I'm pretty-well aware of waht their job is.

Whether or not they support the policy they are carrying out IS their concern, and is hardly immaterial at the personal level; which, is what I commented on, not the mission of the US military. It's the difference between believing what you are doing is right or wrong.

Just as I would expect you to know and understand that simple fact, I also expect you to know that military personnel DO have an avenue to legally voice their approval/disapproval. It's called a letter to one's Congressperson.

Were you really a gunny sergeant? I never once asked the men under me if they approved of the particular mission our unit was sent to accomplish. never once. It is immaterial to the job at hand.

Forum List

Back