Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

I do love to watch these neocons on here who bitch and moan about Democrats dissing the troops turn around and totally disrespect a West Point grad with a long and distinguished career as soon as he crosses them. hypocrites.

Imagine what, that you would search high, and low to find such an article?

I believe sir.......:arrow:

google his name... it's the third link.... and the first one from an official government source.

did you bother to read it?

of course not.

I do love to watch these neocons on here who bitch and moan about Democrats dissing the troops turn around and totally disrespect a West Point grad with a long and distinguished career as soon as he crosses them. hypocrites.

Well sir, ya know what they say don't ya?

It takes one....................:eusa_naughty:

Care to show me where I disrespected the man? Is anything I said untrue? Or did you even look at his bio?

google his name... it's the third link.... and the first one from an official government source.

did you bother to read it?

of course not.

There are MANY sir.

Thanks for your kindly suggestions, but I'll read them as I see fit.

Oh, and DON'T presume to know what I've done, or read.

How many have YOU read?

Care to show me where I disrespected the man? Is anything I said untrue? Or did you even look at his bio?

"The good general has no combat experience but I understand he teaches a mean French language class! He's been bus ever since trying to pass himself off as a pundit."

I know that I would never dream of talking about a career general officer in such a way.

but maybe respect for seniors is taken more seriously in the navy...

I know if any senior enlisted person in the navy ever said that about an admiral, he'd be at mast.

Here ya go...fourth link down...

Did YOU bother to read it? of course not.

west point class of 72....(the same year I graduated from annapolis) he missed vietnam.... I read it. what is your point? are you suggesting that it's OK to speak disrespectfully of flag officers if they have not been in combat? Are you suggesting that only combat veterans are capable of any indepth understanding of tactics, strategy, training, and morale?

west point class of 72....(the same year I graduated from annapolis) he missed vietnam.... I read it. what is your point? are you suggesting that it's OK to speak disrespectfully of flag officers if they have not been in combat? Are you suggesting that only combat veterans are capable of any indepth understanding of tactics, strategy, training, and morale?

Why not? Libs demand if you do have not served in the military - you cannot comment on the war

"The good general has no combat experience but I understand he teaches a mean French language class! He's been bus ever since trying to pass himself off as a pundit."

I know that I would never dream of talking about a career general officer in such a way.

but maybe respect for seniors is taken more seriously in the navy...

I know if any senior enlisted person in the navy ever said that about an admiral, he'd be at mast.

Hot flash for ya... the gen has no combat experience, has earned degrees in French, has taught French classes and is currently busy trying very hard to be a pundit.Have a tough time proving disrespect in even a military court...as for respect; as you well know both the general and I are retired...we can both say what we please.

Maybe senior officers in the Navy need more coddling than senior officers in the Army. And by the way, you obviously have no idea what the reltionship between Command Sergeants Major and general officers are in the Army. You might be surprised if you knew!

Again, where have I disrespected the man? I have stated the truth....apparently YOU are the one who thinks commenting on anothers lack of combat experience is somehow "disrespectful".... touch a nerve, did I?

Where did I say the general had no in depth understanding of tactics, strategy training and morale? I never stated such nor implied it. What I did and am implying is that Eaton has an axe to grind....

Again, where have I disrespected the man? I have stated the truth....apparently YOU are the one who thinks commenting on anothers lack of combat experience is somehow "disrespectful".... touch a nerve, did I?

Where did I say the general had no in depth understanding of tactics, strategy training and morale? I never stated such nor implied it. What I did and am impling is that Eaton has an axe to grind....

You did not disrespect him. You did not call him uneducated, did not compare him to a Nazi or Pol Pot, did not say he was running a torture chamber, and did not say he could not win the war.

You never said anything like that. But I know alot of others who did about other troops serving in Iraq

clearly then, you understand that debating the efficacy of our foreign policy and how we use the military to implement it is a natural part of the process of American governance..... it is NOT, in any way, a failure to "support our troops" to debate how they are used.

When it becomes a public slanging match it only furthers the enemies agenda, those fuckers lap this shit up.

It is a failure to support the troops.If your lot get the whitehouse are you going to sack the fucking army for fucks sake? If so then what, hire a bunch of fucking diplomnats to win hearts and minds? Fuck off.

Lets see what the good general has to say about criticism from lesser ranking individuals.....

"Our most important, and sometimes most severe, judges are our subordinates."

Oh, you want the quote in context:

"Our most important, and sometimes most severe, judges are our subordinates. That is a fact I discovered early in my military career. It is, unfortunately, a lesson Donald Rumsfeld seems incapable of learning."

Clearly the general himself does not see criticism (his is far more disrespectful than mine!) as disrespect.

And of course you want the link:

http://zfacts.com/p/306.html

Note that it is an op ed piece for the NYT. As i said...trying to be a pundit.

Read the piece and then tell me the man is objective in his treatment of Rumsfeld...I know for a fact that the general did not get along with Rumsfeld and this is his way of getting at him.

Where did I say the general had no in depth understanding of tactics, strategy training and morale? I never stated such nor implied it. What I did and am implying is that Eaton has an axe to grind....

you touched no nerve with me.... I know that there is very little live fire experience to be had from the members of the class of '72 in any academy..... bosnia...grenada....lebanon. I got mine in Lebanon. where did you get yours command sergeant major?

I think your suggestion that a general's skills and experience are summarized by his foreign language experience is disrespectful. If I were to suggest that the extent of YOUR experience was in knowing how to skillfully apply black shoe polish, would you be offended?

you touched no nerve with me.... I know that there is very little live fire experience to be had from the members of the class of '72 in any academy..... bosnia...grenada....lebanon. I got mine in Lebanon. where did you get yours command sergeant major?

I think your suggestion that a general's skills and experience are summarized by his foreign language experience is disrespectful. If I were to suggest that the extent of YOUR experience was in knowing how to skillfully apply black shoe polish, would you be offended?

The only combat experience he had was battling his typewriter ribbon to stay in place

You are being disingenous and you know it. You obviously did not read my post or are intentionally ignoring my specific stated intent. I was implying the general had an axe to grind...I am now plainly stating that the general has motive for bashing the current administration.

I went out of my way to post the general's bio; posted a link to it as well. I summarized his experience in that way...period. You are tap dancing and spinning all over the place. If that is how you acted as a Naval officer you must have been one slick and sneaky sob. I think however that you were probably better than that...at least I would like to think so.

As for combat experience...Viet Nam ...twice. You were a UN observer in Lebanon I presume.... I was an observer too...a forward observer for a grunt outfit.

You are being disingenous and you know it. You obviously did not read my post or are intentionally ignoring my specific stated intent. I was implying the general had an axe to grind...I am now plainly stating that the general has motive for bashing the current administration.

I went out of my way to post the general's bio; posted a link to it as well. I summarized his experience in that way...period. You are tap dancing and spinning all over the place. If that is how you acted as a Naval officer you must have been one slick and sneaky sob. I think however that you were probably better than that...at least I would like to think so.

As for combat experience...Viet Nam ...twice. You were a UN observer in Lebanon I presume.... I was an observer too...a forward observer for a grunt outfit.

I read your post and quoted the passage I felt was disrespectful. I stand by that. I think it was flippant and inappropriately discounted the general's well earned experience.

Regarding your combat service, I thank you for it.

God help us if great military minds must all have such combat experience... we will never know peace.

I read your post and quoted the passage I felt was disrespectful. I stand by that. I think it was flippant and inappropriately discounted the general's well earned experience.

Regarding your combat service, I thank you for it.

God help us if great military minds must all have such combat experience... we will never know peace.

I have no idea what that last remark is supposed to mean ... are you now disrespecting MY experience?

As for flippant... I also posted quotes in context with links stating his own views on criticisms from subordinates. It is obvious he views such as neither disrespectful nor flippant and indeed offers his own criticisms of his superiors.

I now have to believe that you think Eatons remarks towards Rumsfeld are flippant and disrespectful...or do you hold a double standard?

Forum List

Back