Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

What I don't get is why anyone would take what that sanctimonious little jerk has to say about anything

I see he's again spewing how a lot of the people don't like Obama and it's definitely because of his skin color. Who made him the king of knowing what everyone in this country feels? He sits in his ivory tower and cast stones about people he hasn't mingled with for years.

Surely you don't deny that racism runs rampant in your party??? Hell, it's all over this forum.

my party, look in a mirror little girl AFTER you go look at yourself in the Palin thread

so cast your judgment on yourself

What I don't get is why anyone would take what that sanctimonious little jerk has to say about anything

I see he's again spewing how a lot of the people don't like Obama and it's definitely because of his skin color. Who made him the king of knowing what everyone in this country feels? He sits in his ivory tower and cast stones about people he hasn't mingled with for years.

Surely you don't deny that racism runs rampant in your party??? Hell, it's all over this forum.

Give us some examples where the vast majority of conservatives say they hate Obama because he is black.
Most don't like his ideology.

Give us some examples where the vast majority of conservatives say they hate Obama because he is black.

she's just a sheep who has to follow a herd

Nobody admits to being a racist, you boob.

my party, look in a mirror little girl AFTER you go look at yourself in the Palin thread

so cast your judgment on yourself

Boy, you really are a nitwit. Pointing out that Sarah Palin is an idiot, is not racism!

she's just a sheep who has to follow a herd

Uh huh, and as we can see on this very thread, all conservatives share the same brain, and have the same opinion, unlike the left, who is completely divided on this issue.

The post right before yours mentions the Treaty of Tripoli. Are you familiar with it's opening line?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president).

That is not the opening line, it is article 11. Read post #55
Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship Signed at Tripoli November 4 1796

You are an utterly predictable wingnut, Peach.

Right after posting that, I said to myself "You watch - she won't respond to the substance, she'll just point out that it's not the opening line".

You never fail to take the lightweight road in any discussion.

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

Dealt with the idiot tee potty heckler quite well.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

synthy is a liberal. get your facts straight.
Why don't you just say what you are trying to say instead of making us guess what you mean?

I think people here already know I'm a Liberal.

What makes me like you is that you DO sound like an American!

Not an extremist or a foreigner planted here to learn American language, idioms and culture so as to prepare their 'agents' to pretend to be Americans online so they might sway the views of the uninformed.

I don't sense any of that from you.

That automatically relaxes my defenses.

You are just a Liberal woman trying to make sense of all of this. And being cursed with the genetically determined "Liberal Hardwiring" sure doesn't make the task of wrapping your brain around some of this stuff any easier.

You seem to be the kind of Liberal with whom we can co-exist.
Thanks, but I'm a guy.

Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

And yet, Christians mock Islam for doing the same.
it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
Islam is only 1500 years old.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?

It's not 1500 years after Christ ..Get a grip genius:eusa_eh:
It's 1500 years after Mohammed.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?

The post right before yours mentions the Treaty of Tripoli. Are you familiar with it's opening line?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president).

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship Signed at Tripoli November 4 1796

Right after posting that, I said to myself "You watch - she won't respond to the substance, she'll just point out that it's not the opening line".

she's a lot more sensible than you will ever be. you have to resort to name calling and trolling of her

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Maher is completely wrong.

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

Crazy Evangelicals certainly don't represent all Christian's.

He's a Jew. He's obviously prejudiced against Muslims, as Muslims are prejudiced against Jews.

False. One of his parents was Jewish, but he was raised in the Catholic Church, as a Catholic.

Anyone who knows anything about Maher knows this.

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

^^^ Moral Relativistic Blather ^^^

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

Dealt with the idiot tee potty heckler quite well.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

I know all about Bill Maher.

Rose is an imbecile. Maher is a theological dunce. They're both illiberal statist bootlicks.

In the meantime, this nation was founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought, the classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition.

You're confusing the pilgrims with the founders of the United States of America.

The pilgrims did found and establish a christian theocratic colony of England. With the king and the christian church controlling the colonies.

That was in the 1600s. The next century the liberal decedents of those pilgrims didn't want to live in a theocratic monarchy. They declared independence from England and fought a war for their freedom.

When they won, they created a secular nation with church and state separate. They named that nation The United States of America.

I'm surprised you didn't learn that in school.
If that were true why did the founders think it was important to have a congressional CHRISTIAN chaplain? That was one of the first votes of the new government.

What does a chaplain have to do with the constitution or the business of America? So they have a chaplain to say a prayer. That doesn't mean that our nation was founded on christianity or we're a theocratic nation.

If the founders of America wanted a theocratic nation they wouldn't have written the first Amendment.

Nor would congress have unanimously passed the Treaty of Tripoli. The very first sentence of that agreement states very clearly that America isn't founded on christianity.

The people who you posted about fought with England against the founders of America. Those who wanted America to remain a theocratic monarchy of England were the torries or conservatives.
The founders had no interest in establish a theocracy. Many came to the new world to escape European theocracies. Thus we have the first amendment to the Constitution, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" Nowhere in the constitution will you find the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God". The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was "not in any sense founded on the Christian religion".

In fact, many if not most of the founders were Deists, which is to say they thought the universe had a creator, but that he does not concern himself with the daily lives of humans, and does not directly communicate with humans, either by revelation or by sacred books. Yet, many Christians contend that US was founded as Christian nation.

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

I believe that when I see massive uprisings of the Mythical Moderate Muslims against the Extremists.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Actually Maher is wrong on this, Rose's poor performance notwithstanding; Maher's argument fails as a fallacy, a gross over-generalization of a complex religious, cultural, and social issue.

The vast majority of Muslims do not support the radical extremism practiced by the criminals and terrorists who are incidentally Muslim, nor does Islamic doctrine or dogma condone such practices – as indeed Islamic leaders around the world have condemned the violence.

Moreover, most of the practices that exist in the 'Islamic world,' such as the treatment of women and criminals, predate Islam, and reflect ancient cultural and social practices that are not necessarily Islamic.

The fact that there are millions of Muslims in North America, Europe, the Indian Subcontinent, and Southeast Asia who do not practice the violence and extremism of the radicals renders the notion that Islam is an 'evil religion' objectively incorrect.

We need an ability to prevent the 30% of Muslims who are Jihadists from causing dammagae to the USA. The problem? The 30% Jihadists are indistinguishable from the moderate Muslims.

What to do?

Why not limit the total numbers of Muslims immigrating to the USA to prevent their numbers from reaching the Stage 2 level of Islamic saturation in America where Islamic symptoms begin to grow problematic.

Meanwhile...

Benghazi Panelist’s Fiery Response to a Muslim Student’s Question That Made the Audience Erupt in Cheers

Jun. 17, 2014 2:35pm Erica Ritz

Author and terrorism expert Brigitte Gabriel, the CEO of ACT! for America, spoke heatedly at the Heritage Foundation’s Benghazi panel on Monday after being asked a question by a Muslim law student from American University. Gabriel’s response made the audience erupt in cheers, with some even jumping to their feet. But that’s not the end of it: the student herself even elicited applause at the end.

“I know that we portray Islam and all Muslims as bad, but there are 1.8 billion [followers] of Islam,” the law student, who identified herself as Saba Ahmed, began. “We have 8 million plus Muslim Americans in this country, and I don’t see them represented here. But my question is: how can we fight an ideological war with weapons? How can we ever end this war? The jihadist ideology that you talk about, it’s an ideology. How can you ever win this thing if you don’t address it ideologically?”

American University law student Saba Ahmed spoke at the Heritage Foundation's panel on Benghazi June 16, 2014. (Photo: The Heritage Foundation via Media Matters)
American University law student Saba Ahmed spoke at the Heritage Foundation’s panel on Benghazi June 16, 2014. (Photo: The Heritage Foundation via Media Matters)
After a response from Frank Gaffney, Gabriel began by thanking Ahmed for the question. Then she launched into a heated explanation of why radical Islam matters, even if the majority of Muslims are peaceful.

“There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today – of course not all of them are radicals!” Gabriel said. “The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15 to 25 percent. … But when you look at 15 to 25 percent of the world Muslim population, you’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of western civilization. That is as big as the United States. So why should we worry about the radical 15 to 25 percent? Because it is the radicals that kill. Because it is the radicals that behead and massacre.”

Gabriel continued to note that the majority of Germans, Russians, Chinese, and Japanese in the 20th century were peaceful people, but the radicals in charge massacred tens of millions of people.

“The peaceful majority were irrelevant,” Gabriel said repeatedly.

“I’m glad you’re here, but where are the others speaking out?” Gabriel asked, before being drowned out by a round of applause. “As an American citizen, you sat in this room and instead of standing up and [asking] something about our four Americans that died [in Benghazi] and what our government is doing to correct the problem, you stood there to make a point about peaceful, moderate Muslims.”

Ahmed did not seem defensive or angry over Gabriel’s response, kindly responding that “as a peaceful American Muslim,” she would like to think that she is not “irrelevant.”

“I’m just as much an American, and I’m very deeply saddened about the lives that were lost in Libya, and I hope that we will find justice for their families,” Ahmed continued. “But I don’t think that this war can ever be won by just the military. You have to bring Muslims to the table to address this.”

The panelists all agreed that the dilemma cannot be solved by the military alone, before one asked Ahmed: “Can you tell me who the head of the Muslim peace movement is?”

The law student laughed and said: “I guess it’s me right now. Thank you.”

That’s when the panel and the audience cheered her.

The exchange has caused some controversy on the web, with Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank describing it as “ugly taunting of a woman in the room who wore an Islamic head covering.” Media Matters also picked up the story, and posted video of Gabriel’s response via the Heritage Foundation’s livestream.

Watch the video below to make your own decision about whether it was an “ugly” exchange (relevant comments start around 4:15):

Benghazi Panelist 8217 s Fiery Response to a Muslim Student 8217 s Question That Made the Audience Erupt in Cheers Video TheBlaze.com

Here is an excerpt of Gabriel's comments:

BRIGITTE GABRIEL (founder of Act! for America):

What I find so amazing, is that since the beginning of this panel – we are here about the Benghazi attack on our people – not one person mentioned Muslims, or [said] we are here against Islam. We are here because four Americans died and what our government is doing.

We are not here to bash Muslims. You were the one who brought up the issue about ‘most Muslims’ – not us. But since you brought it up, allow me to elaborate with my answer.

There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. Of course not all of them are radicals. The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15-25% according to all intelligence services around the world.

That leaves 75% of [Muslims being] peaceful people. But when you look at 15-25% of the world’s Muslim population, you’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. That is as big as the United States.

So why should we worry about the radical 15-25%? Because it is the radicals that kill. Because it is the radicals that behead and massacre.

When you look throughout history, at the lessons of history, most Germans were peaceful. Yet the Nazis drove the agenda. And as a result, 60 million people died, almost 40 million in concentration camps. 6 million were Jews. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When you look at Russia, most Russians were peaceful as well. But the Russians were able to kill 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When you look at China for example, most Chinese were peaceful as well. Yet the Chinese were able to kill 70 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When you look at Japan prior to World War II, most Japanese were peaceful people too. Yet, Japan was able to butcher its way across Southeast Asia, killing 12 million people, mostly killed by bayonets and shovels. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

On September 11th in the United States we had 2.3 million Arab Muslims living in the United States. It took 19 hijackers – 19 radicals – to bring America to its knees, destroy the World Trade Center, attack the Pentagon and kill almost 3000 Americans that day.

So for all our power of reason, and for all us talking about moderate and peaceful Muslims, I’m glad you’re here. But where are the others speaking out?

And since you are the only Muslim representative here, you took the limelight instead of speaking about why our government – I assume you’re an American [Ahmed responded yes.] As an American citizen, you sat in this room, and instead of asking a question about the four Americans that died [in Benghazi] and what our government is doing to correct the problem, you stood there to make a point about peaceful, moderate Muslims.

I wish you had brought ten with you so we could talk about how to hold our government responsible.

“It is time we take political correctness and throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

Watch Brigitte Gabriel 8217 s Epic Takedown OF LW Media 8216 Peaceful 8217 Muslim Poster Girl With Radical Jihadi Ties UPDATED

Last edited:

I use common sense and actual facts of our history. It has nothing to do with either of our parties that we have right now.
I am very angry with both parties because both want power over all of us and want big government controlling us.
I'm guessing you did not read post # 52 pg. 3
How about actually reading and learning about our history from our Library of Congress.
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress
The Continental-Confederation Congress, a legislative body that governed the United States from 1774 to 1789, contained an extraordinary number of deeply religious men. The amount of energy that Congress invested in encouraging the practice of religion in the new nation exceeded that expended by any subsequent American national government. Although the Articles of Confederation did not officially authorize Congress to concern itself with religion, the citizenry did not object to such activities. This lack of objection suggests that both the legislators and the public considered it appropriate for the national government to promote a nondenominational, nonpolemical Christianity.
The first national government of the United States, was convinced that the "public prosperity" of a society depended on the vitality of its religion. Nothing less than a "spirit of universal reformation among all ranks and degrees of our citizens," Congress declared to the American people, would "make us a holy, that so we may be a happy people."
The vast majority of our founders were Christian and a few were deists. There were no atheists.
The basic backbone of our Constitution is based on that there is a creator who gave humans freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and that our government has no right to take away theses basic rights. Which is what they are doing now in both parties.

I read that whole thing, only for you to say in your second post that there is a video on the link? I hate you! :D

On topic, I agree with Maher. :tongue:

I watched the video a couple of times previously. Then, when I came to the OP I read the entire thing. Got something more from each repetition.

Maher is right.

Forum List

Back