Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

Maher was spot on. Islam is all about hate.

I wouldn't call it hate, as much as irrationality. Christianity went through it's own period of that. The difference is that Christianity altered it's beliefs as they discovered more about the world. Many Muslims seem to have no problem with remaining in the Dark Ages.

The movers and shakers in the world of Islam are the Muslim Brotherhood. All the other significant Islamic terrorist groups were founded by members of the MB or have a link top that group.

The Muslim Brotherhood 'controls' Islam and Muslims like Obama or George W. Bush controll(ed) the USA and Americans.

The POTUS' have goals and ambitions or an agenda.

The American people just go along with whatever direction the Washington, DC leadership takes us and we complain or rejoice at their leadership, as appropriate.

So does the Muslim Brotherhood have an agenda.

The Muslim people just go along with whatever direction the MB leadership takes and complain or rejoice as appropriate.

So, moderate Muslims are in roughly the same boat as many Americans except that every Muslim is obligated to perform some act of Jihad for the betterment of the religion or all of Islam.

But if you are going to stop the UA you have to stop Obama or Bush. If you intend to stop global islamic aggression you stop the Muslim Brotherhood.
One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

Dealt with the idiot tee potty heckler quite well.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

synthy is a liberal. get your facts straight.
Why don't you just say what you are trying to say instead of making us guess what you mean?

I think people here already know I'm a Liberal.

What makes me like you is that you DO sound like an American!

Not an extremist or a foreigner planted here to learn American language, idioms and culture so as to prepare their 'agents' to pretend to be Americans online so they might sway the views of the uninformed.

I don't sense any of that from you.

That automatically relaxes my defenses.

You are just a Liberal woman trying to make sense of all of this. And being cursed with the genetically determined "Liberal Hardwiring" sure doesn't make the task of wrapping your brain around some of this stuff any easier.

You seem to be the kind of Liberal with whom we can co-exist.
Thanks, but I'm a guy.

Well, now I can stop being nice to you. LOLOL

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

^^^ Moral Relativistic Blather ^^^

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

I believe that when I see massive uprisings of the Mythical Moderate Muslims against the Extremists.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more than hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

I believe that when I see massive uprisings of the Mythical Moderate Muslims against the Extremists.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more that hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

The SMART way to look at Islam and Muslims is with the understanding that the moderates will just go along for the ride while the Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS and al Qaeda and etc. do the violent Jihad and still other Muslims will do the civilizational Jihad and the legalistic jihad and the majority of moderate Muslims will be able to continue on as though nothing were the matter.

And, with the hypothetical success of their campaign of global conquest, the moderates would go on as though nothing were the matter.

Allah is the greatest and all is right with their world!

So, maybe we needn't spend so much time learning about or focusing on the moderate Muslims.

They aren't going to decide the outcome of anything dramatic enough to observe in one sitting.

What moderate Muslims do is give their leadership the warm bodies they need to demand more power from the US Government.

If 5,000 Muslims vote for a Muslim candidate for Mayor in a small town guess what? He becomes more powerful. And they will work to attract more Muslims in the area. And then the mosques would start going up and the laws would start to change and then the public calls to prayer would start piercing the traditional stillness of the rural landscape five times a day. Every day.

And one more Islamic outpost extends its roots deeper and deeper into our soil.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more than hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

I don't care how often they pray. I care about how they PREY upon non-Muslims.

The founders had no interest in establish a theocracy. Many came to the new world to escape European theocracies. Thus we have the first amendment to the Constitution, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" Nowhere in the constitution will you find the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God". The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was "not in any sense founded on the Christian religion".

In fact, many if not most of the founders were Deists, which is to say they thought the universe had a creator, but that he does not concern himself with the daily lives of humans, and does not directly communicate with humans, either by revelation or by sacred books. Yet, many Christians contend that US was founded as Christian nation.

That's because the Deist of the Anglo-American tradition of classical liberalism did not perceive Lockean natural law to be derived from Christianity . . . in any religious/mystical sense, but rather derived from Christianity's ethical system of thought in a strictly sociopolitical and economic sense. Deism is not the origin of the construct of limited, republican government, which eschews the divine right of kings and theocracy. The socioplitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought as universally applied to the collective body political of the people is the origin of that construct from which Deism takes its cue.

You guys keep yammering on about theological and mystical irrelevancies, as you go on about theocracy, which no one is advocating, and the separation of church and state as if the ethics of Enlightenment Deism and the sociopolitical ramifications thereof were not derived from the Bible. Wrong! While some Christians wrongfully assert that America was founded on Christianity as such, whatever that means to them, that doesn't negate the historical fact of the biblical, ontological justification of the Anglo-American tradition of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded. There's a subtle distinction here that appears to allude many of you.

The Deist embraced the moral teachings of the Bible as expounded by Jesus of Nazareth, sans the mystical aspects allegedly ascribed to him by his disciples, as the foundation of his natural religion.

On another note, I find Paine to be an especially obnoxious purveyor of theological demagoguery, given the arrogance of his own presumptuous moralizing in which he stupidly disregards the infrastructural realities of the moment and the existential threat posed by the various pagan societies to the very survival of the nomadic Hebrews of the Exodus. And Paine's contradictory admiration for the Jacobins of the French Revolution, given the barbaric statism of the Committee of Public Safety's Reign of Terror, is hypocritical.

Worse, Jefferson's flirtation with the statist revolutionary theory of the Jacobins, the culminating impetus of his estrangement from Adams, is especially bizarre given his opposition to the Federalists of centralized government at home.

This goes to the susceptibility of the Deist, due to his rejection of the doctrine of original sin, to underestimate the depraved inclinations of human nature and the dangers of riotous mobocratic collectivism.

In any event, the Christian Founders and the bulk of the Deist Founders were much wiser in that regard, for most of the latter, including Franklin, by the way, were appalled by Paine's across-the-board doctrinal critique of Judeo-Christianity in his serial The Age of Reason.

Prufrock s Lair The New Math of American History and the Unobscured Truth

And then some people are just naïve and apparently unaware of the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Islamic world, particularly in the Middle East and Africa. Islam is evil, a bane of civilization.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more that hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

The SMART way to look at Islam and Muslims is with the understanding that the moderates will just go along for the ride while the Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS and al Qaeda and etc. do the violent Jihad and still other Muslims will do the civilizational Jihad and the legalistic jihad and the majority of moderate Muslims will be able to continue on as though nothing were the matter.

And, with the hypothetical success of their campaign of global conquest, the moderates would go on as though nothing were the matter.

So, maybe we needn't spend so much time learning about or focusing on the moderate Muslims.

They aren't going to decide the outcome of anything dramatic enough to observe in one sitting.

What moderate Muslims do is give their leadership the warm bodies they need to demand more power from the US Government.

If 5,000 Muslims vote for a Muslim candidate for Mayor in a small town guess what? He becomes more powerful. And they will work to attract more Muslims in the area. And then the mosques would start going up and the laws would start to change and then the public calls to prayer would start piercing the traditional stillness of the rural landscape five times a day. Every day.

I think we agree on one thing, we do need to ignore the moderates. We need to focus on the real problem, ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups who's goal is turn Christian against Muslim and Muslim against Christian. They're not powerful enough to do that, at least not yet. They need our help. The question is, are we going to help them?

Last edited:
Bill Maher ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

MAHER: But most Muslim people in the world do condone violence just for what you think.

ROSE: How do you know that?

MAHER: They do. First of all they say it. They shout it.

ROSE: Vast majorities of Muslims say that?

MAHER: Absolutely. There was a Pew poll in Egypt done a few years ago -- 82% said, I think, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery. Over 80% thought death was the appropriate punishment for leaving the Muslim religion. I'm sure you know these things.

Not sure what Pew Poll Maher is referencing, but about a year ago Pew published the results of "Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups"

More than two years after the death of Osama bin Laden, concern about Islamic extremism remains widespread among Muslims from South Asia to the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa. Across 11 Muslim publics surveyed by the Pew Research Center, a median of 67% say they are somewhat or very concerned about Islamic extremism. In five countries – Pakistan, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkey and Indonesia – Muslim worries about extremism have increased in the past year.
How do Maher's "Most Muslims condone violence," yet 67% say they are concerned about Islamic Extremism?

Perhaps he's only referring to Egyptians? But, according to Pew

Egypt is the only country surveyed where views of suicide bombing vary by income level. Egyptian Muslims with lower incomes (38%) are more supportive of violence in the name of Islam than those with higher incomes (19%).
If he is, then how do 38% Egyptians that support violence in the name of Islam represent "Most Muslims."

Maher, as usual, is full of shit.

And then some people are just naïve and apparently unaware of the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Islamic world, particularly in the Middle East and Africa. Islam is evil, a bane of civilization.
I'm sure Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other such groups appreciate your comments. Nothing like a little help form the enemy.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Even Bill Mahr can be right on occasion. I don't agree with him on 99.9999% of any issue. However, I did see this and he is correct in this one regard.

My mistake. I was wrong about where it was located. I wasn't wrong about what it said.

While some of the founders were christians, not all of them were and they all agreed to a secular government with church and state separate. The fact that our congress passed a that treaty unanimously says that the founders of America flatly said America wasn't founded on christianity.

Are you saying that they're liars?

Here's some quotes from some of the founders of America:

Religious beliefs of the Founding Fathers

Thomas Paine was a pamphleteer whose manifestos encouraged the faltering spirits of the country and aided materially in winning the war of Independence:
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all." From:
The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, pp. 8,9 (Republished 1984, Prometheus Books, Buffalo, NY)

George Washington, the first president of the United States, never declared himself a Christian according to contemporary reports or in any of his voluminous correspondence. Washington Championed the cause of freedom from religious intolerance and compulsion. When John Murray (a universalist who denied the existence of hell) was invited to become an army chaplain, the other chaplains petitioned Washington for his dismissal. Instead, Washington gave him the appointment. On his deathbed, Washinton uttered no words of a religious nature and did not call for a clergyman to be in attendance. From:
George Washington and Religion by Paul F. Boller Jr., pp. 16, 87, 88, 108, 113, 121, 127 (1963, Southern Methodist University Press, Dallas, TX)

John Adams, the country's second president, was drawn to the study of law but faced pressure from his father to become a clergyman. He wrote that he found among the lawyers 'noble and gallant achievments" but among the clergy, the "pretended sanctity of some absolute dunces". Late in life he wrote: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

It was during Adam's administration that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, which states in Article XI that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion." From:
The Character of John Adams by Peter Shaw, pp. 17 (1976, North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, NC) Quoting a letter by JA to Charles Cushing Oct 19, 1756, and John Adams, A Biography in his Own Words, edited by James Peabody, p. 403 (1973, Newsweek, New York NY) Quoting letter by JA to Jefferson April 19, 1817, and in reference to the treaty, Thomas Jefferson, Passionate Pilgrim by Alf Mapp Jr., pp. 311 (1991, Madison Books, Lanham, MD) quoting letter by TJ to Dr. Benjamin Waterhouse, June, 1814.

Thomas Jefferson, third president and author of the Declaration of Independence, said:"I trust that there is not a young man now living in the United States who will not die a Unitarian." He referred to the Revelation of St. John as "the ravings of a maniac" and wrote:
The Christian priesthood, finding the doctrines of Christ levelled to every understanding and too plain to need explanation, saw, in the mysticisms of Plato, materials with which they might build up an artificial system which might, from its indistinctness, admit everlasting controversy, give employment for their order, and introduce it to profit, power, and pre-eminence. The doctrines which flowed from the lips of Jesus himself are within the comprehension of a child; but thousands of volumes have not yet explained the Platonisms engrafted on them: and for this obvious reason that nonsense can never be explained." From:
Thomas Jefferson, an Intimate History by Fawn M. Brodie, p. 453 (1974, W.W) Norton and Co. Inc. New York, NY) Quoting a letter by TJ to Alexander Smyth Jan 17, 1825, and Thomas Jefferson, Passionate Pilgrim by Alf Mapp Jr., pp. 246 (1991, Madison Books, Lanham, MD) quoting letter by TJ to John Adams, July 5, 1814.

James Madison, fourth president and father of the Constitution, was not religious in any conventional sense. "Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."
The Madisons by Virginia Moore, P. 43 (1979, McGraw-Hill Co. New York, NY) quoting a letter by JM to William Bradford April 1, 1774, and James Madison, A Biography in his Own Words, edited by Joseph Gardner, p. 93, (1974, Newsweek, New York, NY) Quoting Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments by JM, June 1785.

Ethan Allen, whose capture of Fort Ticonderoga while commanding the Green Mountain Boys helped inspire Congress and the country to pursue the War of Independence, said, "That Jesus Christ was not God is evidence from his own words." In the same book, Allen noted that he was generally "denominated a Deist, the reality of which I never disputed, being conscious that I am no Christian." When Allen married Fanny Buchanan, he stopped his own wedding ceremony when the judge asked him if he promised "to live with Fanny Buchanan agreeable to the laws of God." Allen refused to answer until the judge agreed that the God referred to was the God of Nature, and the laws those "written in the great book of nature." From:
Religion of the American Enlightenment by G. Adolph Koch, p. 40 (1968, Thomas Crowell Co., New York, NY.) quoting preface and p. 352 of Reason, the Only Oracle of Man and A Sense of Historycompiled by American Heritage Press Inc., p. 103 (1985, American Heritage Press, Inc., New York, NY.)

Benjamin Franklin, delegate to the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention, said:
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion...has received various corrupting Changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the Truth with less trouble." He died a month later, and historians consider him, like so many great Americans of his time, to be a Deist, not a Christian. From:

Benjamin Franklin, A Biography in his Own Words, edited by Thomas Fleming, p. 404, (1972, Newsweek, New York, NY) quoting letter by BF to Exra Stiles March 9, 1970.

But I still have a serious problem with what you seem to be implying here: an oversimplification of things that would lead one to conclude that Judeo-Christianity is irrelevant to the democratization of the West, particularly to the democratization of Great Britain and America, or irrelevant to the development of the Anglo-American tradition of classical liberalism, when in fact the influence of Judeo-Christianity is decisive due to the Reformation's rediscovery of the Augustinian tradition of biblical natural law and nature's God, further developed by Aquinas and Calvin, and then perfected by Locke in terms of civil government.

In other words, the truth was always there waiting to be extrapolated from scripture after all those many years of suppression during the Medieval period of the Roman Catholic Church's hegemony. And of course the matter is not as simple as a superficial reading of my summary of things in the above would have it either, for we must bear in mind that the development of free-market economics, i.e., capitalism, was in its infancy at the time, as the economic ramifications of biblical natural law were contingent on the establishment of the sociopolitical ramifications of the same.

While it is true that the United States of America is not, strictly speaking, a Christian nation or founded on Christianity as such, that does not mean that America's sociopolitical ethos and its constitutional principles of limited, republican government were not extrapolated from Judeo-Christianity, i.e., that America was not founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought.

(For those of you who are wont to prejudiciously conflate the subversive depredations of the Medieval Roman Catholic Church with Judeo-Christianity proper: if you imagine for a moment that the Enlightenment, let alone the democratization of the West, could have occurred in a European continent still in the grips of the primitive, religious traditions of paganism, as opposed to being liberated by the Reformation's second break out of biblical Christianity, you're delusional. In fact, here's a new flash for you: the application of the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought to civil government, which made the worldwide propagation of the Gospel possible after Satan suppressed it for centuries via that Medieval pretender, is the zenith of human civilization! From here on out, it's all down hill. Leftists don't know what they're doing. Their stuff is nothing new. Secular Hegelian-Rousseauian progressivism, alternately expressed in recent history as Jacobinianism, fascism or Marxism, is the normative relativism of pagan mythology sans its overt mystical trappings. Indeed, in a very real sense, the political left's claptrap is the pagan-riddled apostasy of the Medieval Roman Catholic Church all over again.)

The problem here is semantics concerning the distinction between the essence of the United States' government proper, which, of course, is not a theocracy, and the system of thought that informed the Anglo-American tradition of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded. The predominant system of thought was Judeo-Christianity!

The Deism of the Anglo-American Enlightenment is Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought and its sociopolitical ramifications, coupled with Locke's biblically derived labor theory of property, the Physiocratic construct of agrarian laissez-faire, albeit, for most Brits and Americans of the time, as understood from the perspective of the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament, and Adam Smith's resource-allocation theory of self-interest (the maximization of productivity afforded by the division of labor) and his general equilibrium theory of the invisible hand.

And that, my friends, is the very same sociopolitical-economic paradigm embraced by the Christian Founders, though they eschewed the Franco notion of Physiocracy as a way of life and its adherent's weird homage to the agrarian practices of the Qing dynasty of China. (By the way, Jefferson's romantic notion of America as an agrarian democracy derives from his idealized conceptualization of Physiocratic principles.) Also, the Christian Founders emphasized the reading of Smith's Wealth of Nations through the lens of Smith's The Theory of Moral Sentiments, which, alternately, extolled the tempering virtues of Stoicism and Christianity's uniquely individualist expression of the Golden Rule.

I think we agree on one thing, we do need to ignore the moderates. We need to focus on the real problem, ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups who's goal is turn Christian against Muslim and Muslim against Christian. They're not powerful enough to do that, at least not yet. They need our help. The question is, are we going to help them?

I beg your pardon, pardner!

The stealth jihad and the other non-violent plans to cause the breakdown of the US government and society from within requires that we focus on the near enemy, wouldn't you agree?

Not sure what Pew Poll Maher is referencing

^^^ Uncertainty in the wingnut mind quickly becomes...

^^^ Certainty in the wingnut mind.

Poor Synth cannot find the Pew Poll to support the OP:

MAHER: But most Muslim people in the world do condone violence just for what you think.

MAHER: Absolutely. There was a Pew poll in Egypt done a few years ago -- 82% said, I think, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery. Over 80% thought death was the appropriate punishment for leaving the Muslim religion. I'm sure you know these things.
:lol:

That's OK, just follow along, slurping up Maher's idiotic droppings.

Anything more would require a level of thought for which you're incapable.

Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups Pew Research Center s Global Attitudes Project

I'm sure Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other such groups appreciate your comments. Nothing like a little help form the enemy.

You're missing the point. Islam denies the reality of free will and, consequently, denies the reality of inalienable rights. That's evil. That's incompatible with civilized society. It's Islam that propagates hate and directs oppression and violence against the truth, against liberty, against non-Muslims. The only people falling for the big lie in the West are naïve, ill-informed leftists, who, not surprisingly, are statists too.

Last edited:

Isn't this the kind of response your hero would have to your rousing attempt to rouse us to help?

Not sure what Pew Poll Maher is referencing, but about a year ago Pew published the results of "Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups"

More than two years after the death of Osama bin Laden, concern about Islamic extremism remains widespread among Muslims from South Asia to the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa. Across 11 Muslim publics surveyed by the Pew Research Center, a median of 67% say they are somewhat or very concerned about Islamic extremism. In five countries – Pakistan, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkey and Indonesia – Muslim worries about extremism have increased in the past year.
How do Maher's "Most Muslims condone violence," yet 67% say they are concerned about Islamic Extremism?

Egypt is the only country surveyed where views of suicide bombing vary by income level. Egyptian Muslims with lower incomes (38%) are more supportive of violence in the name of Islam than those with higher incomes (19%).
If he is, then how do 38% Egyptians that support violence in the name of Islam represent "Most Muslims."

Presumably, Maher is referring to the impositions of Sharia Law:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/01/study-where-do-muslims-really-stand-on-shariah-law/
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Presumably, Maher is referring to the impositions of Sharia Law:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/01/study-where-do-muslims-really-stand-on-shariah-law/
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

The Pew Study you've sited says:

Moreover, Muslims are not equally comfortable with all aspects of sharia: While most favor using religious law in family and property disputes, fewer support the application of severe punishments – such as whippings or cutting off hands – in criminal cases.

Maher says, "most Muslim people in the world do condone violence." Then when he is challenged he references a mysterious Pew Poll in Egypt, but clearly, from Pew, if only 38% of lower income Egyptians are more supportive of violence in the name of Islam, then there is a obvious flaw in Maher's reasoning.

Forum List

Back