Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

Discussing Toby Keith and Ted Nugent in the same conversation is laughable. Keith continues to have hit songs year after year. Nugent hasn't had one for decades. Kieth, like the Dixie Chicks, can fill the house at Madison Square Gardens. Nugent is lucky to get a big crowd at the State Fair, and most of those folks came for the rides and junk food anyway. Can you imagine people paying five hundred to a thousand dollars for front row seats to see ted the poopy pants draft dodging molester in concert?

Discussing Toby Keith and the Dixie Chicks in the same conversation is laughable. Keith continues to have hit songs year after year, the Dixie Chicks haven't had one in decades.
You know you can look this stuff up really easy, don't you? The Chicks had a hit album and single and won five Grammy Awards in 2007. Natalie had a solo album that reached Number 4 on the Billboard Charts in 2013.
If you are in need of a pissing contest to cheer Toby Keith, go ahead, I like some of his music and he is a hard working guy that deserves plenty of creds as a songwriter-singer and performer. That is not a good reason for you to make up lies about the Dixie Chicks.

And yes, you should have been a lawyer. You're brilliant at arguing nonsense over and over and over.

If I'm so brilliant, how come you can't refute my points?

Guilty as charged. :thup:

Just don't make me wear wunna dem British wigs. You know, the "crime" being in London and all...

What points ? You have none.

Natalie spouted off, which in turn angered millions of Americans, the Chicks then lost a good deal of their fan base.
That's the story.
Oh, there is much more to the story than that. There is this wonderful story about putting friendship and loyalty before monetary gain, the courage of standing up for one's beliefs, the David and Goliath comparisons, the turtle and hare comparisons and the simple story of resilience in the face of disaster and crisis. All topped with a happy ending, which is the inspiration for the topic of them going on a tour this summer.
If the Chicks story is just one about making hundreds of millions of dollars for stuffing into banks, they lost big time, but if it is about more to life than those hundreds of millions, the Chicks are visions of success. They had to settle for tens of millions and integrity.

Again this is not a story of integrity. If so, then anyone who DOESN'T speak out uninvited has none.

It's not like someone was requiring Natalie and the Chicks to give an oath of allegiance.
People came to hear the Chicks perform, all's they needed to do was take the stage and perform their music.
Instead Natalie chose to take a side, and once you've done that the other side is going to push back.
In the Chicks case, they were viewed as these good old hometown girls who had lots of talent.
Once Natalie spoke out is was like this loss of innocense and people became hardened towards them.

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.

Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines: 'I'm Ashamed Ted Cruz Claims to Be American'

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines Revisits President Bush Criticisms 12 Years Later
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

tissue, troll?

And yes, you should have been a lawyer. You're brilliant at arguing nonsense over and over and over.

Just don't make me wear wunna dem British wigs. You know, the "crime" being in London and all...

Natalie spouted off, which in turn angered millions of Americans, the Chicks then lost a good deal of their fan base.
That's the story.
Oh, there is much more to the story than that. There is this wonderful story about putting friendship and loyalty before monetary gain, the courage of standing up for one's beliefs, the David and Goliath comparisons, the turtle and hare comparisons and the simple story of resilience in the face of disaster and crisis. All topped with a happy ending, which is the inspiration for the topic of them going on a tour this summer.
If the Chicks story is just one about making hundreds of millions of dollars for stuffing into banks, they lost big time, but if it is about more to life than those hundreds of millions, the Chicks are visions of success. They had to settle for tens of millions and integrity.

Again this is not a story of integrity. If so, then anyone who DOESN'T speak out uninvited has none.

It's not like someone was requiring Natalie and the Chicks to give an oath of allegiance.
People came to hear the Chicks perform, all's they needed to do was take the stage and perform their music.
Instead Natalie chose to take a side, and once you've done that the other side is going to push back.
In the Chicks case, they were viewed as these good old hometown girls who had lots of talent.
Once Natalie spoke out is was like this loss of innocense and people became hardened towards them.
The integrity came in then the other the other members of the groups stood behind her and refused to pressure her into an apology or let her go and replace her.

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

Who ?

Who ?

Ted Cruz, you know, that jackoff from Texas!

Who ?

Not the next Vice President, dumbnuts, the Dixie Chicks. What a racist name...

Who ?

Poor Snowflake

Who ?

Poor Snowflake

What in dear Lord are you fucking blathering about...

Who ?

Poor Snowflake

Quick, now go to your safe space.

Poor Snowflake

Quick - take an anti-idiot pill. Your 2 p.m. dose has worn off.

Which is pretty much what can happen when a person says anything about anything because everyone is going to have their own opinion about whatever the matter is should the matter mean enough to them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What I would like to know is if that girl still would have said what she said that night if she had been aware before saying it that she can't stop anyone from not liking what she had to say to the extent that they would wash their hands of her and the other two girls. Yeah they got several Grammy awards because of this whole situation, but at the end of the day, awards will never be what get the bills paid.

Poor Snowflake

Hey man, I'm not the one who claimed 'The Dixie Chicks' was a racist name. I'm not a Country Fan but I do know she is from Texas, which makes her a Dixie Chick.

Poor Snowflake

Hey man, I'm not the one who claimed 'The Dixie Chicks' was a racist name. I'm not a Country Fan but I do know she is from Texas, which makes her a Dixie Chick.

I don't even know who they are, nor you, and I could give a fuck less about either.
That help?

Poor Snowflake

I don't even know who they are, nor you, and I could give a fuck less about either.
That help?

Sorry bout that Senor Grumpy Cruz man. Adios MF.

That's the story.

On the fucking contrary. For the 19th time, the elephant in the room was the coming war. It was in the atmosphere before, during and after the concert. It was in the air when three million Londonders joined the rest of the world protesting the prospect a few weeks prior --- during which the Chicks were there, in London, in that atmosphere. So in a sense someone very much DID require Natalie Maines -- or somebody -- to take a stand, and that person was..... George W. Bush.

He required me to do the same thing when I was in Canada around the same time. He put all of us in that position-- anyone who traveled outside this country's closed corporate news Bubble into the real world. You know, the Bubble you bought and swallowed whole without questioning? Well the rest of the world, free of that Bubble, knew better.

Again for the 19th time, George W. Bush is ostentatiously identified with Texas --- and so are the Dixie Chicks. Therefore, sitting in London seven thousand miles away from Texas, clarifying that association was imperative.

And you'd sit here on the internets and have us believe that the audience was horrified to hear a message of affirmation and solidarity, which is why they responded with cheers and applause.

Life in Duh Bubble.

Now of course, in retrospect, even you Bubblers know and are forced to admit that Natalie Maines, and the Chicks, and the Londoners, and the rest of the world engaging in the largest antiwar protest in human history, and your fellow Americans who could see through the Bush Bullshit ----- were right.

In so doing she exposed the Bubble for what it is. And you can't stand that.

Tough.

Which is pretty much what can happen when a person says anything about anything because everyone is going to have their own opinion about whatever the matter is should the matter mean enough to them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What I would like to know is if that girl still would have said what she said that night if she had been aware before saying it that she can't stop anyone from not liking what she had to say to the extent that they would wash their hands of her and the other two girls. Yeah they got several Grammy awards because of this whole situation, but at the end of the day, awards will never be what get the bills paid.

I doubt she would have spoken up had she known the size and significance of the fallout.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I doubt she would have spoken up had she known the size and significance of the fallout.

I believe she was already asked that, and contradicted you.

Actually we already know that, and the evidence is right here in this thread, on video ---- she came back to the same stage three years later ..... and repeated the line, word for word.

And I might add, that time the applause and cheers were far more raucous.

Know why?

Because she stood up for her principles and wasn't about to be browbeaten by political-PC fascist busybodies, that's why.
People like that. As well they should. Any time the voice of the people can put a finger in the eye of the authoritarians who try to suppress us ---- that's what we call a good thing.

Did the statement -- and more correctly the corporate massaging of the statement --- cost the band record sales and ticket sales? The numbers say yes. Did that same element win them new fans, new followers and an absolute ton of publicity? Again, the numbers report in the affirmative (see the video above). But that's all stuff that can be quantified in numbers; what can't be qualified -- or bought or sold like a commodity fetish -- is the boundless respect earned in so doing. There's no price tag for that and there are no unit numbers for it. Because not everything is about money; it's called integrity. And that's far deeper than dollars or unit sales.

First she stood up for Texas; when the System didn't like that she stood up for her Principles.
And that, the System cannot touch.

Last edited:

That's the story.

On the fucking contrary. For the 19th time, the elephant in the room was the coming war. It was in the atmosphere before, during and after the concert. It was in the air when three million Londonders joined the rest of the world protesting the prospect a few weeks prior --- during which the Chicks were there, in London, in that atmosphere. So in a sense someone very much DID require Natalie Maines -- or somebody -- to take a stand, and that person was..... George W. Bush.

He required me to do the same thing when I was in Canada around the same time. He put all of us in that position-- anyone who traveled outside this country's closed corporate news Bubble into the real world. You know, the Bubble you bought and swallowed whole without questioning? Well the rest of the world, free of that Bubble, knew better.

Again for the 19th time, George W. Bush is ostentatiously identified with Texas --- and so are the Dixie Chicks. Therefore, sitting in London seven thousand miles away from Texas, clarifying that association was imperative.

And you'd sit here on the internets and have us believe that the audience was horrified to hear a message of affirmation and solidarity, which is why they responded with cheers and applause.

Life in Duh Bubble.

Now of course, in retrospect, even you Bubblers know and are forced to admit that Natalie Maines, and the Chicks, and the Londoners, and the rest of the world engaging in the largest antiwar protest in human history, and your fellow Americans who could see through the Bush Bullshit ----- were right.

In so doing she exposed the Bubble for what it is. And you can't stand that.

Tough.

Sheeesh.
I know Bush and the Chicks are both associated with Texas. I know the Chicks had a very receptive audience to their anti-Bush stance.
Problem is, back home in Texas at that time a sizable majority approved of the Iraq invasion, that's why the Chicks paid a price for Natalie's spew.
You can pretend it was otherwise, but you're simply in denial.

You know you can look this stuff up really easy, don't you? The Chicks had a hit album and single and won five Grammy Awards in 2007. Natalie had a solo album that reached Number 4 on the Billboard Charts in 2013.
If you are in need of a pissing contest to cheer Toby Keith, go ahead, I like some of his music and he is a hard working guy that deserves plenty of creds as a songwriter-singer and performer. That is not a good reason for you to make up lies about the Dixie Chicks.

Not a country fan.

He may be a talented guy, but not to my tastes.

I'm more of a Kenny Wayne Shepard, Joe Satriani guy.

Forum List

Back