Biden’s student loan cancellations to cost taxpayers $559B as households earning $300K benefit the most: study

The better option is to teach younger people to....

Think do I really need this degree and how will it help me into a car
I just find it very petty that people are so upset that college loans are being forgiven.

Why can't you people be happy for once?

So people should be happy because........

At the tax payers expense were all paying for their tuition, including your taxes.

At the expense of teaching young people to be responsible for their own debts they chose to take on and teaching them to decide if taking a debt is manageable for them or necessary because now they learned if they take on a debt someone else will pay it for them.

Meanwhile people who paid off their student debts themselves have to stand by and watch others get theirs forgiven. It's a slap in the face to every person who takes on debt and responsibly settles their debt on their own.

Meanwhile people who get a car loan or a home mortgage by taking on debt lose their car or home because they can't pay for it and lose all the money they put into it up to that point, meanwhile these students that can't pay their debt get it paid for them and they get to keep their education.

At the expense of paying off so many absolutely useless student loan debts for like a degree in gender studies that will do absolutely no one anywhere any good at all or make a person of some value to society?

At the expense of schools continuing to raise tutions and add in additional costs knowing the government is going to bail out tons of students?

And you can't understand why people aren't happy about it?

Rich white kids have rich white parents who pay for their expensive schools. Rich white parents don’t saddle their rich white kids with massive debt.

Black and Latino people come from much poorer families on average and on average have a harder time paying off student loans.

Only the very, very rich pay their kids college tuition and expenses out of pocket. Shifting a debt someone agreed to repay onto the taxpayers is a bad idea, but don't make it out as if only the desperately poor are involved. As for trying to make it a race thing.........

Not so narrow. The suits are about Biden's presumed dictatorial powers to subvert congress.
How is Biden subverting Congress? I showed you the law that Congress passed for student loan forgiveness based on income driven repayment.

Only the very, very rich pay their kids college tuition and expenses out of pocket. Shifting a debt someone agreed to repay onto the taxpayers is a bad idea, but don't make it out as if only the desperately poor are involved. As for trying to make it a race thing.........
I didn’t drag race into it.

I didn’t make it out as if it’s only “desperately poor”.

Its mostly middle class people that are benefiting.

How is Biden subverting Congress? I showed you the law that Congress passed for student loan forgiveness based on income driven repayment.
Biden is trying to subvert congress by unilaterally transferring student debt beyond the limited means already signed into law.

How is it possible you missed that?

Biden is trying to subvert congress by unilaterally transferring student debt beyond the limited means already signed into law.

How is it possible you missed that?
What specifically are the limits he is exceeding?

I didn’t drag race into it.

I didn’t make it out as if it’s only “desperately poor”.

Its mostly middle class people that are benefiting.
It's obviously not mostly middle class people who will benefit.

It's obviously not mostly middle class people who will benefit.
Poor people benefit, but they have other programs to help like Pell Grants. Rich kids don’t take out many loans and there aren’t really that many rich people anyway.

Most people who benefit are middle class.

Poor people benefit, but they have other programs to help like Pell Grants. Rich kids don’t take out many loans and there aren’t really that many rich people anyway.

Most people who benefit are middle class.
,"..because I say so".

Not real convincing when the Wharton study says otherwise.

Let’s see the exact language used that says what you claim.

You had no problem demanding I do so and I complied. Will you live up to the same standard you demand of others?
It's in the OP... under the MSN link.

You didn't comply with anything. You made-up your own numbers.

Were you really arguing against something you knew nothing about?

It's in the OP... under the MSN link.

You didn't comply with anything. You made-up your own numbers.

Were you really arguing against something you knew nothing about?
I quoted directly from the story with the numbers I used.

You won’t do that.

So again, you don’t live up to the standard you hold others to.

I quoted directly from the story with the numbers I used.

You won’t do that.

So again, you don’t live up to the standard you hold others to.
You didn't "quote" from the article because you repeatedly refused to provide the citation.

Forum List

Back