Biden vows to reopen Baltimore port, rebuild collapsed Key Bridge

26 Mar 2024 ~~ By Alex Gangitano

President Biden vowed Tuesday to rebuild Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge after it collapsed into the water when a cargo ship rammed into it, echoing what some Maryland officials said earlier but adding that he expects the federal government to foot the bill.
“It’s my intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort,” Biden said in remarks at the White House. “This is going to take some time, but the people of Baltimore can count on us though to stick with them at every step of the way until the port is reopen and the bridge is rebuilt.”
He said he spoke with Maryland Gov. Wes Moore (D) on Tuesday morning, as well as Maryland officials including its congressional delegation and two U.S. senators. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg traveled to the Baltimore site.

Commentary:
Thankfully, the bridge collapse occurred at 1:27 AM when there was little traffic on the bridge.
Baltimore harbor is closed for the immediate future. As someone on another thread mentioned, if only there were someone in office who had experience on getting major projects completed sooner than expected.
Actually, if Biden were smart and not so hateful, he’d offer Trump the job of dealing with the mess.
Have no fear. Pete Buttigieg is there now. Lord help us. BTW, I am sure the Big Guy will get his 10% kickback from this rebuild..
Of course we will have to buy the steel and concrete from China since America no longer manufactures these items. Just think of all those DEI jobs for illegal aliens that this accident has created. American citizens need not apply.
Undoubtedly, there is now potentially massive liability issues here regarding the ship, the companies involved.
Joe Biden's handlers might also intend to exploit this incident as a campaign ad, blaming the Republicans in Congress if they knock down his promise to have the taxpayers cough up billions of dollars to rebuild this bridge without any compensation from the negligent parties involved.
The rebuilding of the Francis Scott Key Bridge will be a DEI and minority owned business boondoggle. Parties are already positioning themselves to get their cut of the grift as we speak.
All the Democrat politicians of Baltimore will need favors, graft, pad the payroll, hire their cousins’ steel supplier (just opened! What great timing), set asides, pollution studies, DEI requirements, save the fish, safety training, abatement, bridge color survey, indigenous peoples museum for the bridge and slavery history museum for the bridge. And that’s week number one.

In related news, Hunter Biden just formed a company that builds bridges and ports. :laugh:

No, you can clean up and never rebuild. See how simple that is? Moron.
I see how simple you are, MORON.

Again, the money to do the cleanup comes from
The government, fast
The lawyers, slow.

AND YA FUCKIN IDJIT....

That bridge is I695. A US interstate highway
The federal government needs to rebuild it quickly because
It is legally required to do so.
That doing so enhances economic activity
That failing to do so will hamper economic activity.

That you're stupid is obvious. That you have the mental capacity to breath is amazing.
I'm surprised they haven't pulled the plug on your brain dead ass by now.

26 Mar 2024 ~~ By Alex Gangitano

President Biden vowed Tuesday to rebuild Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge after it collapsed into the water when a cargo ship rammed into it, echoing what some Maryland officials said earlier but adding that he expects the federal government to foot the bill.
“It’s my intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge, and I expect the Congress to support my effort,” Biden said in remarks at the White House. “This is going to take some time, but the people of Baltimore can count on us though to stick with them at every step of the way until the port is reopen and the bridge is rebuilt.”
He said he spoke with Maryland Gov. Wes Moore (D) on Tuesday morning, as well as Maryland officials including its congressional delegation and two U.S. senators. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg traveled to the Baltimore site.

Commentary:
Thankfully, the bridge collapse occurred at 1:27 AM when there was little traffic on the bridge.
Baltimore harbor is closed for the immediate future. As someone on another thread mentioned, if only there were someone in office who had experience on getting major projects completed sooner than expected.
Actually, if Biden were smart and not so hateful, he’d offer Trump the job of dealing with the mess.
Have no fear. Pete Buttigieg is there now. Lord help us. BTW, I am sure the Big Guy will get his 10% kickback from this rebuild..
Of course we will have to buy the steel and concrete from China since America no longer manufactures these items. Just think of all those DEI jobs for illegal aliens that this accident has created. American citizens need not apply.
Undoubtedly, there is now potentially massive liability issues here regarding the ship, the companies involved.
Joe Biden's handlers might also intend to exploit this incident as a campaign ad, blaming the Republicans in Congress if they knock down his promise to have the taxpayers cough up billions of dollars to rebuild this bridge without any compensation from the negligent parties involved.
The rebuilding of the Francis Scott Key Bridge will be a DEI and minority owned business boondoggle. Parties are already positioning themselves to get their cut of the grift as we speak.
All the Democrat politicians of Baltimore will need favors, graft, pad the payroll, hire their cousins’ steel supplier (just opened! What great timing), set asides, pollution studies, DEI requirements, save the fish, safety training, abatement, bridge color survey, indigenous peoples museum for the bridge and slavery history museum for the bridge. And that’s week number one.
No money from anyone but Maryland taxpayers and bonds.
End of story

~~~~~~
The loss of Baltimore as a Seaport is no great import. American was blessed with many East Coast deepwater Seaports from Maine to Texas.
Yes it's devastating for the City of Baltimore and the State of Maryland, but in the scheme of import and export nothing that can;t overcome. Then again Baltimore is a den of corrupt Democrat Neo-Marxist racists that need a comeuppance.
Thomas D'Alesandro, Nancy Pelosi's father is smiling down upon the corrupted mess he helped create in Baltimore.
Baltimore is a critical Eastcoast Seaport and has supporting infrastructure that is hard to replace

The government, fast
The lawyers, slow.

AND YA FUCKIN IDJIT....

That you're stupid is obvious. That you have the mental capacity to breath is amazing.
Yeah, not really seeing what you're whining about. Clean it up, decide if rebuilding is even a viable or responsible decision. Only morons like you would spend billions of dollars based on your petty emotions without a single second taken for rational thought. Granted, expecting anything less than total stupidity from you, is a bridge too far. If you don't have anything useful to say, kindly fuck off.

Lara Logan on Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse: “Everyone Knows… This Is a Cyber Attack on a Critical Infrastructure Corridor in the United States”

Damn, that Bitch has sure gone all Crazy Train

Cyber attack?.... Hmmm.....
Can't see how they put that one together. In the time lapse video you can see the point where the 200,000 ton freighter starts drifting. Are they saying that someone hacked the engine systems?

Last edited:
Cyber attack?.... Hmmm.....
Can't see how they put that one together. In the time lapse video you can see the point where the 200,000 ton freighter starts drifting. Are they saying that sometime hacked the engine systems?
I don’t know…

Looked like Jewish Space Lasers to me

1711568216154.jpeg

The government, fast
The lawyers, slow.

AND YA FUCKIN IDJIT....

All of the Prog important people spoke of those who have died first and did not even have a thought about replacing the bridge. We are the Village. Ask Hillary.

Clean up and rebuild are the same things.

Where does the money for cleanup come from?
EITHER insurance companies or the government.

Where does the money to rebuild come from?
THE SAME SOURCES

Funny when you pick what appears to be your argument apart it sounds just as stupid to you as it does to me.

Of course I'm the one smart enough to realize just how stupid you are.

The State had the responsibility for maintaining the bridge, they can do the cleanup.

Yeah, not really seeing what you're whining about. Clean it up, decide if rebuilding is even a viable or responsible decision. Only morons like you would spend billions of dollars based on your petty emotions without a single second taken for rational thought. Granted, expecting anything less than total stupidity from you, is a bridge too far. If you don't have anything useful to say, kindly fuck off.
MY goodness you are stupid...

I'm pretty sure that's all anyone ever says to you.

All of the Prog important people spoke of those who have died first and did not even have a thought about replacing the bridge. We are the Village. Ask Hillary.
Ahhh...
A clone clown from the DumAss family.

The State had the responsibility for maintaining the bridge, they can do the cleanup.

Interstate highway
Navigable waterway

You knowledge of the topic is exceeded by the knowledge my toenail fungus has of the topic.

Forum List

Back