Biden to tax away your guns

First of all, I am not a big fan of the NFA. But I can see why something similar must be on the books. But I find the NFA way too specific in some areas and too vague in others.

Here are some of the points from that law.

1. No more manufacturing of the weapons, parts. Even replacement parts and Modifications and addons. The exception to that would be for Law Enforcement and Military Applications. I believe Colt already sees the handwriting on the wall on that one when they stopped manufacturing of their Model 750 and other AR-15 variants.

2. Voluntary Government Buy backs. Not mandantory.

3. Limits in the transportation of the ARs. You can still own them but you can't go to your favorite gun club and fire them. But you can still fire them on private property.

4. In order to purchase/trade/inherit these weapons, it's going to take an EFL or a FFL license. In other words, only a legally licensed person can obtain one. If you already have one, you are within the law. But if you die, you cannot pass it on to anyone without either the EFL or FFL License. Unless the weapon is totally disabled (i.e. leading in the barrel and disabling the firing mechanism making it a wall hangar).

That's just a thumbnail of it. For the first 10 years, there was almost zero effect in the Thompson Model 1921. But after that, they started to rapidly disappear. Are you going to go out and fire a firearm that you can't repair or get replacement parts for? We are talking about Law Abiding Citizens here, not criminals. But in the end, even the criminals won't have them either except as wall hangars.

Given the fact very few people get killed with AR's, what's the point of messing with them at all? I'll tell you why, the media.

Democrats could care less about the 20 or 30 people that get gunned down every week in the streets of Chicago with hand guns, they're more worried about 6 people getting killed once a year or so with an AR. So why is the left so focused on them? Because the MSM sensationalizes the mass killings and ignores your everyday murders with common handguns.

Can you explain where the government is going to get this money to buy back guns when we are 26 trillion dollars in debt and growing? Better still, what would they actually accomplish with that? Criminals? Do you think criminals will ever give up their guns?

Yes, we have those stupid buy back programs here. A friend of mine used to work at the steel mills. He melted those guns down a couple of times. Do we still have gun murders in the city? You bet. So the city wasted all that money to solve nothing. Typical liberal thinking.

The point in all this is to make getting or owning a gun such a problem many will just give up on it. Government allowing manufacturers and gun stores to be sued out of business is the dictator way. If people don't resist this, the next step will be you have to be psychologically evaluated before being allowed to own a gun, and that means your ability of gun ownership will lie in the hands of leftist shrinks.

The AR has been used in the Record Braking Body Count Mass Shootings. The majority of the sillyvillian guns are not going to be taken EVER. You keep trying to use that fear and it's not working so well as people start seeing past the fear campaign. But the AR is a different breed. It WAS invented as a Military Weapon. Every feature on it is so that it can kill lots of people by a barely trained, scared shitless 18 year old in a firefight. Just because it can do other things doesn't make it any less. If I am 50 feet from my tool chest and only have my adjustable wrench handy and need to hammer in a nail I can still use the wrench. That doesn't make it a hammer.

If you bothered to actually "READ" the 1934 NFA you would see that the AR could possibly be added to that list. And that is what you should be centered on. You shouldn't be shrieking to the high heavens that they are out take all our "Guns". Otherwise, when you do have a point no one of importance will listen to you, chicken little.

Sandy Hook....26 people killed

32 people killed at Virginia tech shooting....2 pistols.

Luby's cafe, 24 people killed with two pistols.

you don't know what you are talking about.....

The AR-15 is no different from any other civilian rifle, you dumb doofus.

If the AR-15 is no different, then why do you want it?>

The AR has been used in the Record Braking Body Count Mass Shootings. The majority of the sillyvillian guns are not going to be taken EVER. You keep trying to use that fear and it's not working so well as people start seeing past the fear campaign. But the AR is a different breed. It WAS invented as a Military Weapon. Every feature on it is so that it can kill lots of people by a barely trained, scared shitless 18 year old in a firefight. Just because it can do other things doesn't make it any less. If I am 50 feet from my tool chest and only have my adjustable wrench handy and need to hammer in a nail I can still use the wrench. That doesn't make it a hammer.

If you bothered to actually "READ" the 1934 NFA you would see that the AR could possibly be added to that list. And that is what you should be centered on. You shouldn't be shrieking to the high heavens that they are out take all our "Guns". Otherwise, when you do have a point no one of importance will listen to you, chicken little.

Read Biden's plan. He addressed making policies on all guns, not just the AR. If manufacturers and dealers have to suffer dozens of lawsuits, only two things can happen: They will all have to go out of business, or like malpractice for doctors, their prices will have to be so high only well to do people will be able to afford a new firearm.

Given the fact his plans also include every firearm owner will be required to get a government license, what are they going to do if you don't comply? That's right, come to your house to take your firearms away. Either that or they will throw you in jail.

If somebody wants to kill a bunch of people in a mass shooting, not having an AR is not going to make any difference. They will still seek out gun-free zones, they will make sure their plot can't be interrupted, nobody will have the ability to stop them, and the victims will be gathered in some sort of group preventing some from escaping.

Jesus fuck. Did you forget any conspiracy theory?

Fast & Furious was designed to stop the flow of guns into Mexico. Why the fuck would Obama want guns to go into Mexico? You have zero logic. It was stupid people like you who thought it was OK to sell AR-15s to people 40 at a time & think that were not being smnugled into Mexico. Why do you want to smuggle guns into Mexico?

Why did he want guns to get into Mexico? Because then he could make the case we are having problems with our neighbors due to our lax gun control measures in the US, and we would need to do something about that.

George Bush ran a nearly identical program he called Wide Receiver. He let the cartels buy US guns, they all had microchips in them for tracking, and it failed. Why? Because the cartels were smart enough to examine each firearm thoroughly. They found the chips, disposed of them, and used the firearms Bush allowed them to get. When Bush ended the program, he said it was a huge mistake on his part and he'd never do anything like that again.

So do you really expect us to believe that Obama had no idea what Bush did, and the results? Now while Hussein may be well educated, I never considered him a very smart guy, but even he isn't stupid enough to do the same thing Bush did and expecting a different outcome.

N

I reckon it is far easier than flat out banning them.

This can be appealed in court....it would be like taxing books and magazines or newspapers to the point you invalidate the 1st Amendment...

Not really, since it is already done. Even Scalia admitted jurisdictions have the authority to tax guns. And that includes the federal government. It is actually a great idea, just make those "modern sporting rifles", that still cracks me up, like automatic weapons. Eliminating selling new by preventing their production, and then taxing the ones that are in private hands. Not really seeing a case here. You can still own your pistols, shotguns, and real rifles.

Cool. So you'd be behind that taxing free speech and the press as well as going to church are all perfectly valid as well?

What about protection from illegal search and seizure only being available to people who pay their tax for it?

Winston? Where'd you go? Since you're OK with taxing Constitutionally protected rights, so ...

Cool. So you'd be behind that taxing free speech and the press as well as going to church are all perfectly valid as well?​

What about protection from illegal search and seizure only being available to people who pay their tax for it?​

I don't know what is so hard to understand. You do not, I repeat, DO NOT, have a constitutional guaranteed right to own a modern sporting rifle. Now, when the second amendment was a collective right based on the arming of a militia, you could make the argument that you did have a constitutional right to modern sporting rifles. A really good argument. But that ship sailed away with the judicial activism, and creationism, of Heller. Now the second amendment is an individual right based on self-protection. Do you need a modern sporting rifle for self-protection. Why no, no you don't. Not only can we tax modern sporting rifles, we can ban their production for private use, we can even ban owning them. Because that ban would not significantly "infringe" upon someone's ability to have another type of gun for self-defense.

So fifty, maybe sixty years from now, you won't be able to own much more than a taser and some pepper spray. Hunting will die off, like it almost has. I mean there is more small game roaming around in the woods than there was when the colonists got here. Squirrels, Raccoons, Rabbits--hell, if it weren't for the cats the rabbits would have already taken us over. I mean how many people do you know that run a pack of beagles for rabbit hunting? Not near as many that have that beagle to primp and prune for the Westminister Dog Show. Poor fellas.

I guess what I am saying is that you gun nuts overplayed your hand. When the second amendment was a collective right, well when the Stormtroopers got them some laser fueled disrupters, well you could get one too. Now, tough shit. Some of us in this country warned you guys. We killed our NRA memberships and joined other outfits, like the Sportsman's Alliance. The NRA became nothing more than a Ponzi scam lobbying for the gun manufacturers. They don't give two shits if you lose your collective right to participate in a militia, they pursue the mighty dollar. When modern sporting rifles are outlawed they will just sell you tasers.

Yes....we do....what part of the Heller decision do you not understand? What does Scalia, who wrote the opinion in Heller mean when he says that AR-15s are protected weapons....?

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001),
the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf
That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.
The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents,
that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

Tell me, what makes sawed off shotguns subject to regulation and bans and not modern sporting rifles? What you fail to realize is that if they can rationalize banning sawed off shotguns they can rationalize banning modern sporting rifles. And the fact that they can ban sawed off shotguns is a clear indicator that you and your friends are not constitutionally granted the right to own any damn weapon you want.

Notice what the Supreme Court stated in Miller.....

If any guns are protected by the 2nd Amendment....it is the AR-15 rifle.....as well as fully automatic military rifles.....

United States v. Miller.........the government argued......

The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia.

What the Court ruled.......guns that are used by a military are protected by the 2nd Amendment.....

The Court cannot take judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches long has today any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and therefore cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees to the citizen the right to keep and bear such a weapon.

That ruling is moot at this point. I have explained this already. That ruling was when the second amendment was a collective right, "any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia". Heller changed that, it is now an individual right based in self-defense. For instance, in Heller the problem was the requirement of trigger locks, that would in no way inhibit a militia force. So Scalia and his pals had to do some judicial creationism, history revisionism, and judicial activism, and they twisted the second amendment into a right based on self-defense.

And no where did Scalia say that assault weapons were "protected". Matter of fact, he did say that the ruling did not preclude local jurisdictions from legislating restrictions on arms as long as it did not impede that whole self-defense thing.

Yeah...nothing you just posted is true or accurate......Scalia went into great detail in legal precedent and British and American history....you are just wrong.

I just posted that AR-15s and rifles like it are mentioned by name by Scalia........they are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

He states that limiting gun selection by civilians based on "they have other options," doesn't hold Constitutional muster....

You are totally full of shit.

District of Columbia v. Heller :: 554 U.S. 570 (2008) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Show me, show me where even "AR-15" is even in the opinion. But, you will find this in his opinion,

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

And you lying sack of shit.....you don't include what he says as to what can be limited.....he states locations, felons and mentally ill....he states that the Right

the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

and in Friedman v Highland Park, that came after Heller....Scalia, who wrote Heller....states........

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.
And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.
The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid.

Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.
s
Quit posting bullshit from pro-gun nutjob sites. Read the damn opinion, from beginning to end, albeit I understand the historical revisionism is a little revolting. Like I said, there are assault weapons ban in dozens of jurisdictions throughout the country, Massachusetts jumps out there. And every one of those bans has been held up in court, many times the Judge actually quotes Scalia's opinion in Heller. Some have been appealed to the SCOTUS, and the SCOTUS has refused to hear a single one of them. Most telling, this nation did have an assault weapons ban, before Heller, and it was never successfully challenged in court. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

The 4th Circuit in Massachusetts is violating the Constitution and the Supreme Court rulings........they have not been upheld in court, they were made up by the left wing, anti-gun extremists on the lower courts who are ignoring the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...

What is so hard for you, you doofus....to understand that you are wrong....

The SCOTUS has had that case on appeal for more than a year and they have refused to hear it. Get back to me when they actually agree to hear it, but I won't hold my breath. Pretty sure that ship has already sailed.

It hasn't sailed, as Thomas keeps stating......the problem is the left wing activists on the court who don't understand the Constitution, and want to rule how they feel, instead of according to the Bill of Rights.

Why is it that you think the left wing activists don't understand the Constitution? Can you at least accept the fact that the biggest bit of judicial activism in the last one hundred years was Scalia and Heller? I mean I understand you don't have the history background that I do, but Scalia's opinion is some major historical revisionism. And it is really pretty simple, prior to the battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were on the way to the armory, to confiscate the weapons that were kept THERE, not in their homes.

The Battle of King's Mountain, a pivotal battle in the Revolutionary War. General Fergunson was shot off his horse, by a rifle owned by my great, great, well who knows how many greats, grandfather. He was not there, the rifle was borrowed. He was too old to make the journey. But the reality is that one rifle was THE rifle for this entire region. And it was used for hunting, which is how old man Wiedner made his living. And the Native Americans feared that rifle. But everyone did not have a rifle, and few that did kept them in their home. It was just too dangerous. They were accurate, but they were slow, and no match for an accomplished archer, like the Native Americans. Who could send multiple arrows down range per minute.

You don't know what you are talking about...the very thing you posted explains exactly why we have the 2nd Amendment...........

Gage's aide John Andrews explained that everyone in the area aged 16 years or older owned a gun and plenty of gunpowder.

Military rule would be difficult to impose on an armed populace. Gage had only 2,000 troops in Boston. There were thousands of armed men in Boston alone, and more in the surrounding area. One response to the problem was to deprive the Americans of gunpowder.
---------

The militia that assembled at the Lexington Green and the Concord Bridge consisted of able-bodied men aged 16 to 60.
They supplied their own firearms, although a few poor men had to borrow a gun. Warned by Paul Revere and Samuel Dawes of the British advance, the young women of Lexington assembled cartridges late into the evening of April 18.

A

In many townships citizens were required to own gunpower, STORED IN THE ARMORY. Same for their guns, they were REQUIRED to be stored at the armory. You could check them out, much like a library book, anytime. This is not some secret, it has been known by historians since the very beginning.

No, moron....they had their rifles and enough powder for their guns...the larger quantities were stored in the powder house....you twit.

Bullshit. Many of the rifles used during the Battles of Lexington and Concord were Brown Besses, DISTRIBUTED by the crown during the French and Indian War.

This can be appealed in court....it would be like taxing books and magazines or newspapers to the point you invalidate the 1st Amendment...

Not really, since it is already done. Even Scalia admitted jurisdictions have the authority to tax guns. And that includes the federal government. It is actually a great idea, just make those "modern sporting rifles", that still cracks me up, like automatic weapons. Eliminating selling new by preventing their production, and then taxing the ones that are in private hands. Not really seeing a case here. You can still own your pistols, shotguns, and real rifles.

Cool. So you'd be behind that taxing free speech and the press as well as going to church are all perfectly valid as well?

What about protection from illegal search and seizure only being available to people who pay their tax for it?

Winston? Where'd you go? Since you're OK with taxing Constitutionally protected rights, so ...

Cool. So you'd be behind that taxing free speech and the press as well as going to church are all perfectly valid as well?​

What about protection from illegal search and seizure only being available to people who pay their tax for it?​

I don't know what is so hard to understand. You do not, I repeat, DO NOT, have a constitutional guaranteed right to own a modern sporting rifle. Now, when the second amendment was a collective right based on the arming of a militia, you could make the argument that you did have a constitutional right to modern sporting rifles. A really good argument. But that ship sailed away with the judicial activism, and creationism, of Heller. Now the second amendment is an individual right based on self-protection. Do you need a modern sporting rifle for self-protection. Why no, no you don't. Not only can we tax modern sporting rifles, we can ban their production for private use, we can even ban owning them. Because that ban would not significantly "infringe" upon someone's ability to have another type of gun for self-defense.

So fifty, maybe sixty years from now, you won't be able to own much more than a taser and some pepper spray. Hunting will die off, like it almost has. I mean there is more small game roaming around in the woods than there was when the colonists got here. Squirrels, Raccoons, Rabbits--hell, if it weren't for the cats the rabbits would have already taken us over. I mean how many people do you know that run a pack of beagles for rabbit hunting? Not near as many that have that beagle to primp and prune for the Westminister Dog Show. Poor fellas.

I guess what I am saying is that you gun nuts overplayed your hand. When the second amendment was a collective right, well when the Stormtroopers got them some laser fueled disrupters, well you could get one too. Now, tough shit. Some of us in this country warned you guys. We killed our NRA memberships and joined other outfits, like the Sportsman's Alliance. The NRA became nothing more than a Ponzi scam lobbying for the gun manufacturers. They don't give two shits if you lose your collective right to participate in a militia, they pursue the mighty dollar. When modern sporting rifles are outlawed they will just sell you tasers.

Yes....we do....what part of the Heller decision do you not understand? What does Scalia, who wrote the opinion in Heller mean when he says that AR-15s are protected weapons....?

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001),

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents,
that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

Tell me, what makes sawed off shotguns subject to regulation and bans and not modern sporting rifles? What you fail to realize is that if they can rationalize banning sawed off shotguns they can rationalize banning modern sporting rifles. And the fact that they can ban sawed off shotguns is a clear indicator that you and your friends are not constitutionally granted the right to own any damn weapon you want.

If any guns are protected by the 2nd Amendment....it is the AR-15 rifle.....as well as fully automatic military rifles.....

The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia.

What the Court ruled.......guns that are used by a military are protected by the 2nd Amendment.....

The Court cannot take judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches long has today any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, and therefore cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees to the citizen the right to keep and bear such a weapon.

That ruling is moot at this point. I have explained this already. That ruling was when the second amendment was a collective right, "any reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia". Heller changed that, it is now an individual right based in self-defense. For instance, in Heller the problem was the requirement of trigger locks, that would in no way inhibit a militia force. So Scalia and his pals had to do some judicial creationism, history revisionism, and judicial activism, and they twisted the second amendment into a right based on self-defense.

And no where did Scalia say that assault weapons were "protected". Matter of fact, he did say that the ruling did not preclude local jurisdictions from legislating restrictions on arms as long as it did not impede that whole self-defense thing.

Yeah...nothing you just posted is true or accurate......Scalia went into great detail in legal precedent and British and American history....you are just wrong.

I just posted that AR-15s and rifles like it are mentioned by name by Scalia........they are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

He states that limiting gun selection by civilians based on "they have other options," doesn't hold Constitutional muster....

District of Columbia v. Heller :: 554 U.S. 570 (2008) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Show me, show me where even "AR-15" is even in the opinion. But, you will find this in his opinion,

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

And you lying sack of shit.....you don't include what he says as to what can be limited.....he states locations, felons and mentally ill....he states that the Right

and in Friedman v Highland Park, that came after Heller....Scalia, who wrote Heller....states........

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.
And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid.

Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.
s
Quit posting bullshit from pro-gun nutjob sites. Read the damn opinion, from beginning to end, albeit I understand the historical revisionism is a little revolting. Like I said, there are assault weapons ban in dozens of jurisdictions throughout the country, Massachusetts jumps out there. And every one of those bans has been held up in court, many times the Judge actually quotes Scalia's opinion in Heller. Some have been appealed to the SCOTUS, and the SCOTUS has refused to hear a single one of them. Most telling, this nation did have an assault weapons ban, before Heller, and it was never successfully challenged in court. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

The 4th Circuit in Massachusetts is violating the Constitution and the Supreme Court rulings........they have not been upheld in court, they were made up by the left wing, anti-gun extremists on the lower courts who are ignoring the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...

The SCOTUS has had that case on appeal for more than a year and they have refused to hear it. Get back to me when they actually agree to hear it, but I won't hold my breath. Pretty sure that ship has already sailed.

It hasn't sailed, as Thomas keeps stating......the problem is the left wing activists on the court who don't understand the Constitution, and want to rule how they feel, instead of according to the Bill of Rights.

Why is it that you think the left wing activists don't understand the Constitution? Can you at least accept the fact that the biggest bit of judicial activism in the last one hundred years was Scalia and Heller? I mean I understand you don't have the history background that I do, but Scalia's opinion is some major historical revisionism. And it is really pretty simple, prior to the battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were on the way to the armory, to confiscate the weapons that were kept THERE, not in their homes.

The Battle of King's Mountain, a pivotal battle in the Revolutionary War. General Fergunson was shot off his horse, by a rifle owned by my great, great, well who knows how many greats, grandfather. He was not there, the rifle was borrowed. He was too old to make the journey. But the reality is that one rifle was THE rifle for this entire region. And it was used for hunting, which is how old man Wiedner made his living. And the Native Americans feared that rifle. But everyone did not have a rifle, and few that did kept them in their home. It was just too dangerous. They were accurate, but they were slow, and no match for an accomplished archer, like the Native Americans. Who could send multiple arrows down range per minute.

You don't know what you are talking about...

CONCLUSION

Our hope here is to do much more than explode recently created myths about gun ownership in probate records. As we show, in probate inventories (
1) there were high numbers of guns in early America;1 2 (2) guns were much more common than swords or other edged weapons; 5 ' (3) women owned guns;.5 4 and (4) the great majority of gun-owning estates listed no old or broken guns.' Our estimates that at least 50% of male and female wealthholders owned guns in 1774 colonial America are the first carefully weighted national probate-based estimates for gun ownership in eighteenth-century America.

[/URL]

Oh piss off. What that study says, and I already know it because I have been around the block with more than a few freaking gun nuts, is that probate records don't count, that people "secretly" owned guns. Well whoopie damn shit, and people "secretly" owned the cure to cancer but never revealed it. It is stupid. Gun ownership was no where near as prevalent in colonial times as you gun nuts want to believe. And for the most part, Americans were some piss poor hunters. I mean they traded those "guns" for freakin food with the Native Americans. If they were great hunters why the hell would they do that?

Besides, who the hell could afford a gun? The real guns, the guns that made the difference, were custom made. They weren't cheap. I mean if your position was true the Colonial Army would have relied on their soldiers to provide their own weapons, right? Is that what happened? Hell no. Not even close.

You really are a shit for brains........guns were an essential tool for survival, for both hunting and fighting off the "peaceful," native American war parties.

The Colonial army couldn't depend on colonists to show up and many left immediately after their term of service was up, you doofus.......they had to go home to provide for their families, you doofus.

You are the one being delusional. If guns were so prevalent and critical, why did the British government have to issue guns to soldiers during the French and Indian War? If they were so instrumental in providing food for the colonists through hunting, why did they trade them with Native Americans for food?

The fact is that the British government paid a bounty for militiamen that could provide their own gun during the French and Indian War. About eight percent of militiamen collected that bounty. Sorry, but eight percent of the population owning guns is not really supporting your fantasy. The reality is that a gun, during colonial times, cost about two months pay, of a skilled tradesman. Hunting, that is a damn joke. Muskets were highly inaccurate, and if you missed the first shot the game was long gone Spiking the Gun Myth (nytimes.com) by the time you could reload. Deadfall traps were a better option. Hell, the joke back then was who would bring a gun to a knife fight. Knives, axes, the proverbial tomahawk, were all a better choice of self-defense than a slow firing highly inaccurate musket.

Spiking the Gun Myth (nytimes.com)

Your link...I thought this was what you were using and was curious........thanks for confirming that you used this actual fakes work....

Wow.....you really are a stupid human being......you used Michael Bellesiles....you dumb twit...

Do you understand that he lied in his book? That the award he got for writing that fake history book was revoked, the first time in that awards history and then he got shit canned from his teaching gig....?

Emory investigation and resignation[edit]
As criticism increased and charges of scholarly misconduct were made, Emory University conducted an internal inquiry into Bellesiles's integrity, appointing an independent investigative committee composed of three leading academic historians from outside Emory.[18] Bellesiles failed to provide investigators with his research notes, claiming the notes were destroyed in a flood.[19][20][21]
----

The scholarly investigation confirmed that Bellesiles' work had serious flaws, calling into question both its quality and veracity. The external report on Bellesiles concluded that "every aspect of his work in the probate records is deeply flawed" and called his statements in self-defense "prolix, confusing, evasive, and occasionally contradictory." It concluded that "his scholarly integrity is seriously in question."[23]
---------

Aftermath of the scandal[edit]

In 2002, the trustees of Columbia University rescinded Arming America's Bancroft Prize, the first such action in the history of the prize.

Alfred A. Knopf, publisher of Arming America, did not renew Bellesiles' contract, and the National Endowment for the Humanities withdrew its name from a fellowship that the Newberry Library had granted Bellesiles.[26] In 2003, Arming America was republished in a revised and amended edition by Soft Skull Press. Bellesiles continued to defend the book's credibility and thesis, arguing that roughly three-quarters of the original book remained unchallenged.[27]

Historians who initially admired Arming America ceased to defend Bellesiles. The nationally prominent historian Garry Wills, who had enthusiastically reviewed Arming America for the New York Times,[28] later said, in a 2005 interview on C-SPAN, "I was took. The book is a fraud."

Wills noted that Bellesiles "claimed to have consulted archives he didn't and he misrepresented those archives," although "he didn't have to do that," since "he had a lot of good, solid evidence." Wills added, "People get taken by very good con men."[29]

Historian Roger Lane, who had reviewed the book positively in the Journal of American History,[30] offered a similar opinion:

"It is entirely clear to me that he's made up a lot of these records. He's betrayed us. He's betrayed the cause. It's 100 percent clear that the guy is a liar and a disgrace to my profession. He's breached that trust."[31] Historian Pauline Maier reflected that it seemed historians had "ceased to read carefully and critically, even in the awarding of book prizes."[32]

As Hoffer concluded, "Bellesiles's condemnation by Emory University, the trustees of the Bancroft Prizes, and Knopf provided the gun lobby with information to blast the entire history profession....Even though H-Law, the Omohundro Institute, the OAH, and the AHA rushed to his side and stated principled objections to the politicization of history, they hesitated to ask the equally important question of whether he had manipulated them and betrayed their trust."[33]

You don't know what you are talking about........you used this fraud as your source for your posts....you are an idiot...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
First of all, I am not a big fan of the NFA. But I can see why something similar must be on the books. But I find the NFA way too specific in some areas and too vague in others.

1. No more manufacturing of the weapons, parts. Even replacement parts and Modifications and addons. The exception to that would be for Law Enforcement and Military Applications. I believe Colt already sees the handwriting on the wall on that one when they stopped manufacturing of their Model 750 and other AR-15 variants.

3. Limits in the transportation of the ARs. You can still own them but you can't go to your favorite gun club and fire them. But you can still fire them on private property.

4. In order to purchase/trade/inherit these weapons, it's going to take an EFL or a FFL license. In other words, only a legally licensed person can obtain one. If you already have one, you are within the law. But if you die, you cannot pass it on to anyone without either the EFL or FFL License. Unless the weapon is totally disabled (i.e. leading in the barrel and disabling the firing mechanism making it a wall hangar).

That's just a thumbnail of it. For the first 10 years, there was almost zero effect in the Thompson Model 1921. But after that, they started to rapidly disappear. Are you going to go out and fire a firearm that you can't repair or get replacement parts for? We are talking about Law Abiding Citizens here, not criminals. But in the end, even the criminals won't have them either except as wall hangars.

Given the fact very few people get killed with AR's, what's the point of messing with them at all? I'll tell you why, the media.

Democrats could care less about the 20 or 30 people that get gunned down every week in the streets of Chicago with hand guns, they're more worried about 6 people getting killed once a year or so with an AR. So why is the left so focused on them? Because the MSM sensationalizes the mass killings and ignores your everyday murders with common handguns.

Can you explain where the government is going to get this money to buy back guns when we are 26 trillion dollars in debt and growing? Better still, what would they actually accomplish with that? Criminals? Do you think criminals will ever give up their guns?

Yes, we have those stupid buy back programs here. A friend of mine used to work at the steel mills. He melted those guns down a couple of times. Do we still have gun murders in the city? You bet. So the city wasted all that money to solve nothing. Typical liberal thinking.

The point in all this is to make getting or owning a gun such a problem many will just give up on it. Government allowing manufacturers and gun stores to be sued out of business is the dictator way. If people don't resist this, the next step will be you have to be psychologically evaluated before being allowed to own a gun, and that means your ability of gun ownership will lie in the hands of leftist shrinks.

The AR-15 has advantages that other rifles don't have......

1) you can get an adjustable stock so that multiple members of the same family can shoot the rifle. Other rifles with wood stocks don't fit all body sizes easily.

2) It is a much softer shooting rifle in .223, a small caliber or 5.56 over a 12 gauge shotgun for home defense....also, the AR-15 can have a shorter barrel than a pump or semi-auto shotgun since it uses a magazine over a tube for the ammo....making it easier to use if it is used for home defense, especially for women.

3) It comes equipped to take optics, lights and a laser, even all 3 at the same time, while other rifles, do not come with those rails to mount those pieces of equipment.

4) Taking a magazine makes it easier to reload under the stress of a violent home invasion...vs. moving a bolt, using a lever, or a pump to reload after each shot.....and reloading a magazine is easier than feeding rounds in one at a time to reload in the stress of a violent criminal attack.

Just a few off the top of my head...

N

s

You don't know what you are talking about...the very thing you posted explains exactly why we have the 2nd Amendment...........

Gage's aide John Andrews explained that everyone in the area aged 16 years or older owned a gun and plenty of gunpowder.

Military rule would be difficult to impose on an armed populace. Gage had only 2,000 troops in Boston. There were thousands of armed men in Boston alone, and more in the surrounding area. One response to the problem was to deprive the Americans of gunpowder.
---------

The militia that assembled at the Lexington Green and the Concord Bridge consisted of able-bodied men aged 16 to 60.
They supplied their own firearms, although a few poor men had to borrow a gun. Warned by Paul Revere and Samuel Dawes of the British advance, the young women of Lexington assembled cartridges late into the evening of April 18.

A

In many townships citizens were required to own gunpower, STORED IN THE ARMORY. Same for their guns, they were REQUIRED to be stored at the armory. You could check them out, much like a library book, anytime. This is not some secret, it has been known by historians since the very beginning.

No, moron....they had their rifles and enough powder for their guns...the larger quantities were stored in the powder house....you twit.

Bullshit. Many of the rifles used during the Battles of Lexington and Concord were Brown Besses, DISTRIBUTED by the crown during the French and Indian War.

s

CONCLUSION

Our hope here is to do much more than explode recently created myths about gun ownership in probate records. As we show, in probate inventories (
1) there were high numbers of guns in early America;1 2 (2) guns were much more common than swords or other edged weapons; 5 ' (3) women owned guns;.5 4 and (4) the great majority of gun-owning estates listed no old or broken guns.' Our estimates that at least 50% of male and female wealthholders owned guns in 1774 colonial America are the first carefully weighted national probate-based estimates for gun ownership in eighteenth-century America.

[/URL]

Oh piss off. What that study says, and I already know it because I have been around the block with more than a few freaking gun nuts, is that probate records don't count, that people "secretly" owned guns. Well whoopie damn shit, and people "secretly" owned the cure to cancer but never revealed it. It is stupid. Gun ownership was no where near as prevalent in colonial times as you gun nuts want to believe. And for the most part, Americans were some piss poor hunters. I mean they traded those "guns" for freakin food with the Native Americans. If they were great hunters why the hell would they do that?

Besides, who the hell could afford a gun? The real guns, the guns that made the difference, were custom made. They weren't cheap. I mean if your position was true the Colonial Army would have relied on their soldiers to provide their own weapons, right? Is that what happened? Hell no. Not even close.

You really are a shit for brains........guns were an essential tool for survival, for both hunting and fighting off the "peaceful," native American war parties.

The Colonial army couldn't depend on colonists to show up and many left immediately after their term of service was up, you doofus.......they had to go home to provide for their families, you doofus.

You are the one being delusional. If guns were so prevalent and critical, why did the British government have to issue guns to soldiers during the French and Indian War? If they were so instrumental in providing food for the colonists through hunting, why did they trade them with Native Americans for food?

The fact is that the British government paid a bounty for militiamen that could provide their own gun during the French and Indian War. About eight percent of militiamen collected that bounty. Sorry, but eight percent of the population owning guns is not really supporting your fantasy. The reality is that a gun, during colonial times, cost about two months pay, of a skilled tradesman. Hunting, that is a damn joke. Muskets were highly inaccurate, and if you missed the first shot the game was long gone Spiking the Gun Myth (nytimes.com) by the time you could reload. Deadfall traps were a better option. Hell, the joke back then was who would bring a gun to a knife fight. Knives, axes, the proverbial tomahawk, were all a better choice of self-defense than a slow firing highly inaccurate musket.

Spiking the Gun Myth (nytimes.com)

Here......try watching this.......instead of Michael Bellesiles, the guy you quoted who is a complete fraud...the guy you were using as your source......

In Miller it was found that

March 30, 1939, the Supreme Court heard the case. Attorneys for the United States argued four points:

1. The NFA is intended as a revenue-collecting measure and so is within the authority of the Department of the Treasury.
  2. The defendants transported the shotgun from Oklahoma to Arkansas and so used it in interstate commerce.
  3. The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia.
  4. The "double barrel 12-gauge Stevens shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches in length, bearing identification number 76230," was never used in any militia organization.

And?

That is what the prosecution argued....it isn't what the court ruled....

And then you have Heller, and MacDonald, and Highland Park v Friedman and Scalia stating that AR-15 rifles and others like it are protected rifles....

What is your point?

Not to mention that in US vs Miller the defense never filed a brief, no evidence was presented, and the case was never argued before the court.
Miller was murdered a month prior to the case being presented.

1) you can get an adjustable stock so that multiple members of the same family can shoot the rifle. Other rifles with wood stocks don't fit all body sizes easily.

2) It is a much softer shooting rifle in .223, a small caliber or 5.56 over a 12 gauge shotgun for home defense....also, the AR-15 can have a shorter barrel than a pump or semi-auto shotgun since it uses a magazine over a tube for the ammo....making it easier to use if it is used for home defense, especially for women.

3) It comes equipped to take optics, lights and a laser, even all 3 at the same time, while other rifles, do not come with those rails to mount those pieces of equipment.

4) Taking a magazine makes it easier to reload under the stress of a violent home invasion...vs. moving a bolt, using a lever, or a pump to reload after each shot.....and reloading a magazine is easier than feeding rounds in one at a time to reload in the stress of a violent criminal attack.

His argument is silly. That's like asking why don't you drive a smart car instead of an SUV? They both do the same thing, they get you to where you need to go.

Read Biden's plan. He addressed making policies on all guns, not just the AR. If manufacturers and dealers have to suffer dozens of lawsuits, only two things can happen: They will all have to go out of business, or like malpractice for doctors, their prices will have to be so high only well to do people will be able to afford a new firearm.

Given the fact his plans also include every firearm owner will be required to get a government license, what are they going to do if you don't comply? That's right, come to your house to take your firearms away. Either that or they will throw you in jail.

If somebody wants to kill a bunch of people in a mass shooting, not having an AR is not going to make any difference. They will still seek out gun-free zones, they will make sure their plot can't be interrupted, nobody will have the ability to stop them, and the victims will be gathered in some sort of group preventing some from escaping.

Not having the AR lowers the body count. It may not stop the attempt but no new records can be set. I can't even imagine what a freaked out person that spent 8 years as a Marine could do with an AR going for a new record. It would be in the hundreds for a body count I am sure. The one time that a Marine lost it, he used a handgun and still racked up quite a body count including 2 armed cops. But a 17 year old with his Daddy's AR and 4 30 round mags can easily hit well over 30 bodies and a ton of wounded. Like the fruitcake in Aurora. Most of his kills were from the AR with a 100 round mag that jammed right at about 50 rounds. The Shotgun and handgun ran out of ammo too fast and he had to go back to his car to regroup. This is where the Cops bagged him. He wasn't a pro, wasn't ex military. He was just a fruitcake. Had he known how to unjam the AR, he could have racked up well over 100 bodies with even more wounded. A record that even the Las Vegas shooter couldn't match. But fate was on someone's side that day but not for everyone.

We had 3 terrorist calls around here that the cops responded to. 2 were false alarms but one was real. A 17 year old was wearing a Raincoat on a warm sunny day walking towards a Middle School. Under that raincoat was his daddy's AR and 3 30 round Mags. One of the neighbors called it in because he looked suspicious. The Fruita Cops responded, surrounding him with their weapons drawn, never giving him a chance to wield his AR. He was inside the 1000 feet of a school with a weapon. When they questioned him he said he was going for the new record. It was reported in the news and then buried. It's been a few years and I bet he's still doing time at the State Hospital. Side note: Daddy didn't get his AR and 3 mags back.

In inexperienced hands, the AR can be deadly. In Experienced hands it can be devastating. The difference in a mass shooting from that 17 year old was measured in feet and seconds. And the fact that the neighborhood and the school had procedures to minimize the body count. Even though the shooter was stopped, the school was in a lockdown condition for over 2 hours.

The AR in inexperience hands didn't get safer. The procedures of the community has reacted to lessen the damage that a would be mass murderer can do.

Not having the AR lowers the body count. It may not stop the attempt but no new records can be set. I can't even imagine what a freaked out person that spent 8 years as a Marine could do with an AR going for a new record. It would be in the hundreds for a body count I am sure. The one time that a Marine lost it, he used a handgun and still racked up quite a body count including 2 armed cops. But a 17 year old with his Daddy's AR and 4 30 round mags can easily hit well over 30 bodies and a ton of wounded. Like the fruitcake in Aurora. Most of his kills were from the AR with a 100 round mag that jammed right at about 50 rounds. The Shotgun and handgun ran out of ammo too fast and he had to go back to his car to regroup. This is where the Cops bagged him. He wasn't a pro, wasn't ex military. He was just a fruitcake. Had he known how to unjam the AR, he could have racked up well over 100 bodies with even more wounded. A record that even the Las Vegas shooter couldn't match. But fate was on someone's side that day but not for everyone.

We had 3 terrorist calls around here that the cops responded to. 2 were false alarms but one was real. A 17 year old was wearing a Raincoat on a warm sunny day walking towards a Middle School. Under that raincoat was his daddy's AR and 3 30 round Mags. One of the neighbors called it in because he looked suspicious. The Fruita Cops responded, surrounding him with their weapons drawn, never giving him a chance to wield his AR. He was inside the 1000 feet of a school with a weapon. When they questioned him he said he was going for the new record. It was reported in the news and then buried. It's been a few years and I bet he's still doing time at the State Hospital. Side note: Daddy didn't get his AR and 3 mags back.

In inexperienced hands, the AR can be deadly. In Experienced hands it can be devastating. The difference in a mass shooting from that 17 year old was measured in feet and seconds. And the fact that the neighborhood and the school had procedures to minimize the body count. Even though the shooter was stopped, the school was in a lockdown condition for over 2 hours.

The AR in inexperience hands didn't get safer. The procedures of the community has reacted to lessen the damage that a would be mass murderer can do.

You don't know what you are talking about....

Sandy Hook....AR-15 26 killed.

Virginia Tech..... 2 pistols, 32 killed.

Luby's cafe.....2 pistols, 24 killed.

You don't understand anything about this issue.

If ten rounds aren't enough to defend yourself and you need to change mags...you're already fucked.

A pretend gun expert said this:

"The AR-15 is no different from any other civilian rifle, you dumb doofus."

s

CONCLUSION

[/URL]

You've spent all this time saying no one owns guns because they don't own guns in Sleepy Hollow where you live. Now you've been around lots of gun nuts?

And I've actually been around gun owners and am one and have never meet any of these gun nuts that you project into others looking down your long, arrogant nose at. Clearly you're LYING about that

If ten rounds aren't enough to defend yourself and you need to change mags...you're already fucked.
Join the organized militia and get Well Regulated so you can qualify for the heavy weapons section and the mortar team!

You've spent all this time saying no one owns guns because they don't own guns in Sleepy Hollow where you live. Now you've been around lots of gun nuts?
He said he's " been around the block with more than a few freaking gun nut "

reading is fundamental. I suggest a tutor?

Find a good tutor then hire them because what you said doesn't contradict what I said, simpleton

Find a good tutor then hire them because what you said doesn't contradict what I said, simpleton
I'd explain the difference between what you said he said...and what he actually said...but it would be like discussing physics with my friggin DOG

Which shows how much you know about guns. Even our police who are highly trained in weaponry miss their target most of the time. If you ever shot a gun, you'd know that. You watch too many television shows where they portray somebody gettin shot and they spring back two feet and drop to the ground. It doesn't always work that way, especially with people tanked up on narcotics. They don't feel it and just keep coming at you until they are dead. Some people get shot several times and survive.

Which shows how much you know about guns. Even our police who are highly trained in weaponry miss their target most of the time. If you ever shot a gun, you'd know that. You watch too many television shows where they portray somebody gettin shot and they spring back two feet and drop to the ground. It doesn't always work that way, especially with people tanked up on narcotics. They don't feel it and just keep coming at you until they are dead. Some people get shot several times and survive.

Dude..if ten rounds isn't going to end a confrontation...100 rounds isn't either

New Topics

Forum List

Back