Biden: "These are the facts. We should be honest about the facts.”

“They have 9,000 permits to drill now. They could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year. They have 9,000 to drill onshore that are already approved.”
From the guy who said "These are the facts".... but Biden doesn't believe in "telling the truth, the WHOLE truth"!
But the simpleton doesn't understand and if he does he isn't telling the whole truth!
The president suggested the onus is on the industry to start drilling.
But it’s not as simple as Biden made it seem, because there are some steps before companies begin production.

Companies have to contract rigs to drill the wells,
and build a sufficient inventory of permits before rigs are contracted, said Jennifer Pett,
a spokesperson for the Independent Petroleum Association of America, a trade group that represents oil and natural gas producers.
“Producers also have to put a drilling plan together, secure rights of way and work with state and private landowners,” Pett said.
Thousands of unused permits are not uncommon in any presidential administration.
“Sometimes there might not really even be producible oil and gas on a lease,” Daigle said. “Companies sometimes hold leases as a bit of a mind game with their competitors, or even just because they didn’t properly assess the production potential prior to leasing due to lack of data or that sort of thing

The average barrels of crude oil produced per day spiked during Trump’s subsequent years, swelling to almost 12.3 million in 2019.

Now here is where people don't either THINK or understand... signing a lease in year 2019 doesn't generate oil for sometimes another 5 years!

Lengthy Process
: Wells and leases are not like faucets and spigots.
It takes months for new wells to start producing and it can take more than five years for some fields to go from discovery to production,
thanks in part to regulatory and legal hurdles along the way.

Now folks... try to be honest and not ignorant!
If it takes sometimes more than 5 years think!

The global energy system is in transition to a new energy order characterized by the emergence of the United States
  • as a net oil exporter,
  • the shale revolution and
  • the gradual shift towards low-carbon sources and renewables.
The shale boom in the US was a game changer, as was the election of Donald Trump as US president.
Trump pushed an ambitious “America first” agenda aimed at transforming the US into a global energy superpower.

Now consider the 180 degree flip from transition of the USA to energy independent for the first time in U.S. energy production in 2019 was higher than U.S. energy consumption for the first time in 62 years.
Consider the what Biden said in running for office.
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

And when he said oil executives 'Put them in jail. I'm not joking about this,' Biden said

So Biden tells an Industry supports 9.8 million jobs or 5.6 percent of total U.S. employment he wants to put them out of work and their bosses in JAIL!
Certainly makes you want to get your money while you can if your JOB is going to disappear under Biden's efforts!

If the drilling companies and producers trusted the government, they might jump at the opportunity to invest in the leases they already hold on Federal Lands.
But ... If it comes down to investing in a leases they hold on Private Land where they control production versus Federal Land, they are going to stick with Private Land.

The government can make everything they just invested into the drilling operations and production worth absolutely nothing with the swipe of a pen.
If you don't understand how that works ... Ask all the companies and investors that invested in the Keystone Pipeline ... They'll clear it up for you ... :thup:

Nothing says President Biden would not love for them to invest in drilling on their Federal Leases ...
If for no other reason than to ruin them financially by shutting everything down if and when they do.

The active rig count drop to it's lowest level in Aug. 2020.

The number is triple that now.

people are arguing the counts are the same as 2019 and that the count hasn't been increased. You seem to play ignorant often.

Just how stupid do you think you are?
from your link, here is the rig count off their raw data. 12,000 fewer rigs.

Row LabelsSum of RigCount
110359​
118680​
109946​
116537​
61216​
33984​
56298​
63611​
56001​
27257​
32126​
20720​
Grand Total
806735​

Not raw data, and they all line up exactly with what I said. Low mark in active rigs was Aug 2020 and it has more that tripled since then.

Not raw data, and they all line up exactly with what I said. Low mark in active rigs was Aug 2020 and it has more that tripled since then.
still isn't above 2019. 12,000 short.

Trump never said that, turd.
He did!
fredgraph.png

Where and when did Trump say this: Trump: 'I'm the king of debt' I will bankrupt the country.
Once again really dumb people like you make up statements like the above and then other dumb people like
you say ..." well I saw where Trump said he'll bankrupt the country"! GEEZ idiots like you truly have taken advantage
of the concept of "free speech". Prove with a link that Trump said that! Otherwise you are a truly bald, face LIAR!

Forum List

Back