Biden stimulus bill $15 minimum wage

That $15 minimum wage thing is going to setup an interesting battle in the Senate because I don't think the GOP is going to accept that. I highly doubt the Dem will get 10 Repubs to cross over and support that, and so the pressure will build to abolish the filibuster fairly quickly. Plus, I'd bet serious money that the House Dems will add the requirement to end the SALT deduction, and that won't go over well with the GOP either.

There were by some estimates over 100,000 small businesses that closed last year. If that $15 m-wage is passed, then I'd guess almost NONE of them will be coming back, nor new business startups either.

What the commies don't realize is that if an employer gives an employee a dollar an hour raise, it's going to cost the employer more than that dollar.

Employers match employee SS and Medicare contributions. Higher wages mean the employers unemployment and workman's compensation insurance rate will increase. It's a larger loss for an employer when he or she has to pay workers while they're not working such as during vacation and holidays.

In some of these cases, it will mean an employer will have to double or more the wage for their employees. No possible way for a struggling business to survive that today.

That $15 minimum wage thing is going to setup an interesting battle in the Senate because I don't think the GOP is going to accept that. I highly doubt the Dem will get 10 Repubs to cross over and support that, and so the pressure will build to abolish the filibuster fairly quickly. Plus, I'd bet serious money that the House Dems will add the requirement to end the SALT deduction, and that won't go over well with the GOP either.

There were by some estimates over 100,000 small businesses that closed last year. If that $15 m-wage is passed, then I'd guess almost NONE of them will be coming back, nor new business startups either.

What the commies don't realize is that if an employer gives an employee a dollar an hour raise, it's going to cost the employer more than that dollar.

Employers match employee SS and Medicare contributions. Higher wages mean the employers unemployment and workman's compensation insurance rate will increase. It's a larger loss for an employer when he or she has to pay workers while they're not working such as during vacation and holidays.

In some of these cases, it will mean an employer will have to double or more the wage for their employees. No possible way for a struggling business to survive that today.

That's why they aren't going to do it. They're going to automate, outsource, or just do without the worker.

Make no mistake, like all DemoKKKrat policies, this is designed to drive people towards welfare, government dependence, and poverty.

Thank Almighty God I know how to cook my own meals. You'll have to sign a mortgage to get a big mac.

Not really. McDonald's can spread the cost increase. A McDonald's restaurant sells 800 hamburgers a day, 700 french fries, 1,300 beverages. But Sam's hardware store doesn't sell 500 hammers a day, 300 screw drivers, 200 furnace filters a day. Joe's car wash doesn't wash 400 cars a day.

Two years after the MW increase goes into effect, people working the new MW will find themselves right back to where they started from, because their cost of living will be that much higher.

That's why they aren't going to do it. They're going to automate, outsource, or just do without the worker.

Make no mistake, like all DemoKKKrat policies, this is designed to drive people towards welfare, government dependence, and poverty.

What it's designed to do is what a lot of Democrat policies are designed to do: buy votes. The problem is they are too stupid to realize the negative impact it will have on our economy. When it goes to hell, they will be trying to blame Trump for it.

already a thread.
Can AOC ever add?

600 plus 1200 = $2000
Can you ever read?

The amount was $1400 + $600 = $2000
expand...
Can you ever read?

The amount was $1400 + $600 = $2000 - $2000 = $400

Where on God's green earth did you go to school? You should get a refund!

You where my teacher, dumb ass

Let the inflation begin to enter us into the Biden Depression. Godspeed to all the ones who voted America First.

We are going to see inflation like the Carter years. Biden wants to turn the entire country into CA or NY.

Yep, who doesn't want 20% interest rates on mortgages, sit in gas lines for hours, pay increased taxes and have their hours cut.

already a thread.
Can AOC ever add?

600 plus 1200 = $2000
Can you ever read?

expand...
Can you ever read?

I 'where" your teacher? You never would have passed.

already a thread.
Can AOC ever add?

600 plus 1200 = $2000
Can you ever read?

expand...
Can you ever read?

You put me on the dean's list

I thought trickle down conservative boot strap policies would save the business?

already a thread.
Can AOC ever add?

600 plus 1200 = $2000
Can you ever read?

expand...
Can you ever read?

Dean Martin's list maybe.

I thought trickle down conservative boot strap policies would save the business?

When you close a business for a full year due to pandemic, no amount of tax relief can really help.

When you close a business for a full year due to pandemic, no amount of tax relief can really help.
I thought capitalism fixed all issues? Survival of the fittest right?

already a thread.
Can AOC ever add?

600 plus 1200 = $2000
Can you ever read?

expand...
Can you ever read?

Dean Martin's list maybe.

How sweet , my hero

Forum List

Back