Biden Signs Executive Order To End Private Prison Contracts

"Corporations have privatized most of the prison functions once handled by governments. They run prison commissaries and, since the prisoners have nowhere else to shop, often jack up prices by as much as 100 percent.

Now, compare that in price to other vendors who sell inside of government facilities.

Cause otherwise, it is a meaningless number.

I have seen it done to minority Conservatives, specifically dinesh d'souza.
Is this what you're referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D%27Souza#:~:text=In%202014%2C%20D'Souza%20pleaded,probation%2C%20and%20a%20%2430%2C000%20fine.

"In 2014, D'Souza pleaded guilty in federal court to one felony charge of using a 'straw donor' to make an illegal campaign contribution to a 2012 United States Senate campaign.[13][14]

"He was sentenced to eight months in a halfway house near his home in San Diego, five years' probation, and a $30,000 fine.[15][16]

"In 2018, D'Souza was issued a pardon by President Donald Trump."

Yes. They basically bullied him in to pleaing, in just the manner you described.
Just imagine if he didn't have the money to afford his own legal counsel...He would have really been screwed...

However, if he was poor; he probably wouldn't be involved in any campaign donation schemes.....so it balances out

NO top tier lawyers will work for Trump.. He's a nightmare client.. He knows more than all the lawyers and he doesn't pay his legal bills.

"Corporations have privatized most of the prison functions once handled by governments. They run prison commissaries and, since the prisoners have nowhere else to shop, often jack up prices by as much as 100 percent.

Now, compare that in price to other vendors who sell inside of government facilities.

Cause otherwise, it is a meaningless number.

They also contract prison labor for companies and pay them as little as 23 Cents an hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D%27Souza#:~:text=In%202014%2C%20D'Souza%20pleaded,probation%2C%20and%20a%20%2430%2C000%20fine.

"In 2014, D'Souza pleaded guilty in federal court to one felony charge of using a 'straw donor' to make an illegal campaign contribution to a 2012 United States Senate campaign.[13][14]

"He was sentenced to eight months in a halfway house near his home in San Diego, five years' probation, and a $30,000 fine.[15][16]

Yes. They basically bullied him in to pleaing, in just the manner you described.
Just imagine if he didn't have the money to afford his own legal counsel...He would have really been screwed...

However, if he was poor; he probably wouldn't be involved in any campaign donation schemes.....so it balances out

NO top tier lawyers will work for Trump.. He's a nightmare client.. He knows more than all the lawyers and he doesn't pay his legal bills.
Most elites also know more than their hired hands; why do you think these top tier lawyers get paid so much?
Their clients are miserable.

Don't worry the profit from slave labor won't stop the govt. is cutting out the private business interest so they can have that profit.

Most elites also know more than their hired hands; why do you think these top tier lawyers get paid so much?

Trump also knows more than medical professionals, generals and US intelligence.

Private prisons pay for all upkeep and any changes to their buildings and personnel.

Much cheaper than having the State Governments do it.

Do you understand the quota system? They had to fill so many beds to keep the investors happy..

Its not something that Republicans or Democrats or Christians should be proud of.. Like paying kickbacks for referrals. Evil and corrupt.... but they made enough money to keep the stockholders happy,

What kind of woman are you?

So did Private Prisons make people commit crimes??

Greg

It's obvious you don't know any wealthy people.

Trump obviously knows more than all the Stock Market professionals who all predicted a market crash the moment he took office.

Actually I know many wealthy people in including my brothers.. One of whom is worth 30 million. They aren't low IQ and poorly educated like Trump... and they never sue anyone.

Actually I know many wealthy people in including my brothers.. One of whom is worth 30 million. They aren't low IQ and poorly educated like Trump... and they never sue anyone.
Ad hominem.
30 million is average for someone who owns a few businesses.
I know people whose assets exceed 50 million and are absolute arrogant assholes.

Private prisons pay for all upkeep and any changes to their buildings and personnel.

Much cheaper than having the State Governments do it.

Do you understand the quota system? They had to fill so many beds to keep the investors happy..

Its not something that Republicans or Democrats or Christians should be proud of.. Like paying kickbacks for referrals. Evil and corrupt.... but they made enough money to keep the stockholders happy,

What kind of woman are you?

So did Private Prisons make people commit crimes??

Greg

Private prison stocks crashed when Trump took office in 2016.

Ad hominem.
I know people whose assets exceed 50 million and are absolute arrogant assholes.

Just one business.

Ad hominem.

Just one business.

You should hang out more with your brothers as you will learn a lot and seem more knowledgeable here.

Forum List

Back