Biden Signs Executive Order Bringing Back Real Capitalism

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
  • Make it easier to change jobs and help raise wages by banning or limiting non-compete agreements and unnecessary, cumbersome occupational licensing requirements that impede economic mobility.
  • Lower prescription drug prices by supporting state and tribal programs that will import safe and cheaper drugs from Canada.
  • Save Americans with hearing loss thousands of dollars by allowing hearing aids to be sold over the counter at drug stores.
  • Save Americans money on their internet bills by banning excessive early termination fees, requiring clear disclosure of plan costs to facilitate comparison shopping, and ending landlord exclusivity arrangements that stick tenants with only a single internet option.
  • Make it easier for people to get refunds from airlines and to comparison shop for flights by requiring clear upfront disclosure of add-on fees.
  • Make it easier and cheaper to repair items you own by limiting manufacturers from barring self-repairs or third-party repairs of their products.
  • Make it easier and cheaper to switch banks by requiring banks to allow customers to take their financial transaction data with them to a competitor.
  • Empower family farmers and increase their incomes by strengthening the Department of Agriculture’s tools to stop the abusive practices of some meat processors.
  • Increase opportunities for small businesses by directing all federal agencies to promote greater competition through their procurement and spending decisions.

• Let’s see how long it takes the righties to start defending their communist vulture capitalism.

I like the hearing aid deal. That's a good one.

Banning warranty voids for attempted self repair is not good imo. Too easy for consumers to cause other faults by tampering with things only to then force manufacturers to fix your fuck ups.
Bad idea imo

• Make it easier to change jobs and help raise wages by banning or limiting non-compete agreements and unnecessary, cumbersome occupational licensing requirements that impede economic mobility.
  • Lower prescription drug prices by supporting state and tribal programs that will import safe and cheaper drugs from Canada.
  • Save Americans with hearing loss thousands of dollars by allowing hearing aids to be sold over the counter at drug stores.
  • Save Americans money on their internet bills by banning excessive early termination fees, requiring clear disclosure of plan costs to facilitate comparison shopping, and ending landlord exclusivity arrangements that stick tenants with only a single internet option.
  • Make it easier for people to get refunds from airlines and to comparison shop for flights by requiring clear upfront disclosure of add-on fees.
  • Make it easier and cheaper to repair items you own by limiting manufacturers from barring self-repairs or third-party repairs of their products.
  • Make it easier and cheaper to switch banks by requiring banks to allow customers to take their financial transaction data with them to a competitor.
  • Empower family farmers and increase their incomes by strengthening the Department of Agriculture’s tools to stop the abusive practices of some meat processors.
  • Increase opportunities for small businesses by directing all federal agencies to promote greater competition through their procurement and spending decisions.

• Let’s see how long it takes the righties to start defending their communist vulture capitalism.
This "righty" agrees with most of these efforts, in principle. My problem with such sweeping changes that are done by EO is that the rosy presentation of such "benefits" tends to obscure the nuts and bolts of the plans and specifically, the growth of government power as an excuse to implement these changes. Adding new entities to our government for the purpose of exercising more control over people's lives is NEVER a good deal in the long run. I seriously doubt that creating a new bureaucracy to manage the implementation of some or all of these "aids to competition" is actually necessary or cost-effective. Surely, existing bureaucracies are redundant enough to handle the extra needs?

BTW, I've never heard of "communist vulture capitalism". What is that?

Oh yeah... while we're at it, are you familiar with Klaus Schwab's brave new world order? "by 2030 you won't own anything and you'll be happy"?

How does that work in the real world? I admit I could easily misunderstand his plan but it sounds like he's saying some class of elites will be in control of all the infrastructure and provision of goods and services and the rest of us will be paying fees for every need in our lives. We'll have no control over pricing, end-user restrictions, or any other type of autonomy related to the use of THEIR products and services.

How do you think THAT system will compare to "communist vulture capitalism"? Losing one's ability to earn an income would seem to cut them off from everything, all at once, with no recourse.

We haven't had FREE Capitalism for more than a century. When government's intercede freedom goes away.

I had this discussion recently regarding Adam Smiths book. According to Smith, true capitalism is all of the mom and pop stores that issued to be around before corporate consolidation and mergers. Even banks used to be local to ndivifual cities and towns across America. You can now beaut dropped into any city and n America, and every bank chain store and restaurant are the same. That is not Smiths definition of true capitalism.

This "righty" agrees with most of these efforts, in principle. My problem with such sweeping changes that are done by EO is that the rosy presentation of such "benefits" tends to obscure the nuts and bolts of the plans and specifically, the growth of government power as an excuse to implement these changes. Adding new entities to our government for the purpose of exercising more control over people's lives is NEVER a good deal in the long run. I seriously doubt that creating a new bureaucracy to manage the implementation of some or all of these "aids to competition" is actually necessary or cost-effective. Surely, existing bureaucracies are redundant enough to handle the extra needs?

BTW, I've never heard of "communist vulture capitalism". What is that?

Oh yeah... while we're at it, are you familiar with Klaus Schwab's brave new world order? "by 2030 you won't own anything and you'll be happy"?

How does that work in the real world? I admit I could easily misunderstand his plan but it sounds like he's saying some class of elites will be in control of all the infrastructure and provision of goods and services and the rest of us will be paying fees for every need in our lives. We'll have no control over pricing, end-user restrictions, or any other type of autonomy related to the use of THEIR products and services.

How do you think THAT system will compare to "communist vulture capitalism"? Losing one's ability to earn an income would seem to cut them off from everything, all at once, with no recourse.

Walmart
Facebook
Comcast
Verizon

you know, communist vulture capitalism.

hey pal, I’m just taking a page out of the righties playbook. I can just make shit up to.

One thing I am glad to see in this is a focus on non compete agreements. I get when it is in field where there is a lot of proprietary information, but not for blue collar workers.

Communist Vulture Capitalism: that's a good one, you just make that up?

Gee, another progressive crackpot AGAIN espousing hate for America and our way of life!

One thing I am glad to see in this is a focus on non compete agreements. I get when it is in field where there is a lot of proprietary information, but not for blue collar workers.
I've never signed a non-compete agreement.

The Conservatives on the Supreme Court all think it is the right thing to do.

However, Joe Dufus isn't doing it for the right reasons.

In fact he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

The sonofabitch is a fucking moron that hardly even knows what country he is living in or what day of the week it is.

All he wants to do is sniff children.

Capital spends huge human and natural resources on the tinsel of luxury, advertising and garbage abundance, which could go to the development of science, medical care, mass education. It is impossible to respect this system

Only a couple of those are "capitalist"
The rest is intervention.
Of course, you wingers cant tell the difference between economic theories, so this isnt surprising.

3 main options for the development of mankind have always been considered:
- Expansion into space, which was considered a priority of the future
- Development of the riches of the World Ocean
- The depopulation disaster
It turned out that capital was fooling with the first two. There is still option number three as the cheapest and most "effective" for the capitalist, by depopulation, capital instantly solves problems that could have been solved by space exploration and the world ocean. Just business, nothing personal.
First, we need to create technologies for resettlement into space, as planned in the 20th century. This requires the planetary efforts of mankind. But the bourgeois will strangle himself and strangle all of humanity for his stinking loot.
Oh, yes, these have led us to a dead will resist to the death, and yet the planning system for humanity is still long and difficult to create .
This should be done through (already tested in social countries) systems of distribution of benefits based on scientific accurate knowledge, to raise generations that do not know the needs of hunger and struggle for a piece of goods, and then only from such a society will a collective mind blossom, which we do not know.

Forum List

Back