Biden should withdraw nomination for deputy secretary of Dept. of Education

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
As a “Biden-backer,” I’m strongly urging the president to change one of his recommendations. San Diego parents, teachers and an attorney offer powerful reasons for the president to withdraw his nomination of former San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten to be deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Education. There’s growing, reasonable opposition to her appointment in this critical job.
More than 100 cases from families with special needs students are pending against the district where she served as superintendent. Jennifer Rayle has been a public school teacher for more than 20 years, working with students who have special needs. She explained: “As a special education advocate, I have clients in other districts and San Diego is by far the most challenging to work with.”

Dr. John Davenport and Dr. Farah Chery are among those who’ve challenged the district. They have a son who is hearing impaired. Experts believe that their son qualifies for assistance under federal legislation. The district resisted them for years, delaying his progress and costing them thousands of dollars (which many families can’t afford).

Chery told me: “We want our story to be publicized nationwide. The injustices that Eli (our 5 year old hearing impaired child) faced were under Cindy Marten’s watch.” (More information here: t.ly/VQSZ.)

This is an interesting opinion piece or plea to Biden. Think he will take this in to consideration?

As a “Biden-backer,” I’m strongly urging the president to change one of his recommendations. San Diego parents, teachers and an attorney offer powerful reasons for the president to withdraw his nomination of former San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten to be deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Education. There’s growing, reasonable opposition to her appointment in this critical job.
More than 100 cases from families with special needs students are pending against the district where she served as superintendent. Jennifer Rayle has been a public school teacher for more than 20 years, working with students who have special needs. She explained: “As a special education advocate, I have clients in other districts and San Diego is by far the most challenging to work with.”

Dr. John Davenport and Dr. Farah Chery are among those who’ve challenged the district. They have a son who is hearing impaired. Experts believe that their son qualifies for assistance under federal legislation. The district resisted them for years, delaying his progress and costing them thousands of dollars (which many families can’t afford).

Chery told me: “We want our story to be publicized nationwide. The injustices that Eli (our 5 year old hearing impaired child) faced were under Cindy Marten’s watch.” (More information here: t.ly/VQSZ.)

This is an interesting opinion piece or plea to Biden. Think he will take this in to consideration?

Probably they make too much money , money that they can afford to do a Cochlear Implant in a Child

What do you mean by hearing impaired children?

Hearing impairment is relatively common among children. About 1.9% of children have trouble hearing, and permanent hearing loss is found in more than 1 out of every 1000 children screened for hearing loss, whether or not they have symptoms. Hearing impairment is slightly more common among boys.

Hearing Impairment in Children - Children's Health Issues ...

“I have three audiograms that clearly show he has a hearing loss in both ears,” Suennen said. “If I look at his audiogram, he has a moderate rising to
mild sloping down to a moderate loss in both ears.”

probably not enough hearing loss.

Biden should just withdraw before he completely destroys the nation

“I have three audiograms that clearly show he has a hearing loss in both ears,” Suennen said. “If I look at his audiogram, he has a moderate rising to

You aren't denied education services because of how much income you make.

In Eli’s case, Suennen was just one of several experts and educators who agreed he should be qualified as hearing impaired.

What was two years ago a hearing impairment leading to a speech delay that needed aggressive treatment now has become an emergency,” Davenport said during the meeting. “While his classmates are learning to write and spell and read, Eli struggles to verbally express even the most basic of ideas. He is in danger of being left behind to a point that could become irreversible.”

What if Bezos LIKES her?

Probably they make too much money , money that they can afford to do a Cochlear Implant in a Child

What do you mean by hearing impaired children?

Hearing impairment is relatively common among children. About 1.9% of children have trouble hearing, and permanent hearing loss is found in more than 1 out of every 1000 children screened for hearing loss, whether or not they have symptoms. Hearing impairment is slightly more common among boys.
Hearing Impairment in Children - Children's Health Issues ...

Your link is vague about what constitute hearing impaired and at what levels of impairment.

An audiologist can provide a valid hearing test system where hearing is measured, reading back words that were heard and reading words to track pronunciation. The results of the Audiologist tests is the standard that the state and federal government follows, Insurance WILL NOT COVER IT without the full Audiologist testing results and documented statement that the person meets qualification for the Cochlear implant, it is how people can get a Cochlear implant, the only way unless you can pay the whole $35,000 or so out of your pocket, then you can by pass the governments, but still requires Audiology testing anyway.

I have gone through all that and a number of times into my Teen years, after that just the hearing test required on the job I had for 28 years. I qualified for the Cochlear implant, but divorce and change in my economic situation in year 2016 forced for me to make a personal sacrifice for my daughters, thus I am now 95% deaf no longer wearing hearing aids.

Forum List

Back