Tennessee Democrats propose overhaul to how the state funds public education

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Tennessee Democrats unveiled their proposal Thursday to increase funding for public education across the state as well as connect students with vital support services.

The slate of education bills would boost the state's share of teacher salaries, tackle class sizes and add more counselors, social workers and school nurses in every school district.

The eight-bill legislative package would also tackle how the state funds education by increasing funding to the Basic Education Program funding formula.

and here is more information:
Tennessee education: Lawmakers approve learning loss, literacy bills (tennessean.com)

I'm sure that I am missing some ins and outs of Tennessee here so fill in the gaps. One of the things that I am noticing is that the number of kids that I encounter that have difficulties in reading often have to go back to phonics. If that is the fall back then why was it changed to begin with?

the number of kids that I encounter that have difficulties in reading often have to go back to phonics. If that is the fall back then why was it changed to begin with?

The three R's aren't taught like they used to be.

Common Core.

Forum List

Back