Biden says he and China's Xi have agreed to abide by Taiwan agreement

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So..business as usual....probably a good thing:

U.S. President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that he has spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping about Taiwan and they agreed to abide by the Taiwan agreement.
"I've spoken with Xi about Taiwan. We agree ... we'll abide by the Taiwan agreement," he said. "We made it clear that I don't think he should be doing anything other than abiding by the agreement."

It will allow China some time to continue to expand their military until they can just walk in at a time of their choosing without any resistance at all.

Well played by the CCP, they know what they are doing. They smell weakness and they want the Taiwanese to feel isolated and without support from allies. They can eventually take over all of the South China Sea and control trillions more in resources while the West does what they usually do...

China sent jets near Taiwan and forced geopolitical concessions without firing a shot. What does this do to the Taiwanese faith that America will have their back in the clutch?

Last edited:
It will allow China some time to continue to expand their military until they can just walk in at a time of their choosing without any resistance at all.

Well played by the CCP, they know what they are doing. They smell weakness and they want the Taiwanese to feel isolated and without support from allies. They can eventually take over all of the South China Sea and control trillions more in resources while the West does what they usually do...

China sent jets near Taiwan and forced geopolitical concessions without firing a shot. What does this do to the Taiwanese faith that America will have their back in the clutch?
New Sheriff in Town

They fear the wrath of Biden
They will behave themselves or else

Here is Chinas position on this from their own media. Appears THEY are the one who told USA how they should be acting and to stay out of Chinas ambitions to recapture Taiwan.

China urges U.S. to stop supporting "Taiwan independence" separatist forces​

The United States should stop supporting "Taiwan independence" separatist forces and take concrete actions to maintain peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Monday.

Spokesperson Hua Chunying made the remarks in response to a query about a relevant statement issued by U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price.

Hua said Taiwan belongs to China and the United States is in no position to make irresponsible remarks. The relevant remarks by the U.S. side seriously violate the one-China principle and the stipulations of the three China-U.S. joint communiques and send an extremely wrong and irresponsible signal.

She said for quite some time, the United States has been making negative moves by selling arms to Taiwan and strengthening official and military ties with Taiwan, including the launch of a 750 million U.S. dollars arms sale plan to Taiwan, the landing of U.S. military aircraft in Taiwan and frequent sailing of U.S. warships across the Taiwan Strait. These provocative moves undermine China-U.S. relations and regional peace and stability. China is firmly opposed to them and has taken necessary countermeasures.

Noting that the one-China principle is the political foundation of China-U.S. relations, Hua said on the Taiwan question, the United States should abide by the one-China principle and the stipulations of the

I'm afraid that I'm not aware of any Taiwan Agreement other than the two agreements that the United States made with Taiwan. One was a Trade Agreement many years ago and the other, a more recent agreement on Consulars. I haven't seen any agreement between China and the United States regarding Taiwan, or are we talking about that 1979 deal where the U.S. agreed to only recognize Taiwan as a part of China's, Peoples Republic of China? If so, they the U.S. is just throwing Taiwan under the bus and thus I'm not surprised, as China is Marxist and our anti-US administration is pro-Marxist.
Thankfully, India, Japan and Australia have made it clear that they will defend Taiwan, should it be attacked. At least they are still pro-Democracy and against the Marxist march through the west.

I cannot wait to see the Chinese army marching from China to Taiwan.

Forum List

Back