Biden said this was going to be “transitory inflation”

What causes inflation? Too many dollars chasing to few goods. How do we get all those dollars?

Printing presses go Brrrrrrrrrrrr...

The dotted line is Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Oh, wait, it's not.

It's Biden's inauguration.

FQF5vwqX0AE5wRQ
Hey stupid, Biden got into White House in 2021, when inflation has already shoot up to over 5% as your graph clearly shows.

“As our economy comes roaring back, we’ve seen some price increases,” Biden said duringremarks on July 19, 2021. “Some folks have raised worries that this could be a sign of persistent inflation. But that’s not our view. Our experts believe, and the data shows, that most of the price increases we’ve seen are – were expected and are expected to be temporary.”

EXPERTS? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :hyper: :hyper:

The dotted line is Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Oh, wait, it's not.

It's Biden's inauguration.

FQF5vwqX0AE5wRQ

Hey stupid, Biden got into White House in 2021, when inflation has already shoot up to over 5% as your graph clearly shows.

Antontoo has clearly, and absolutely made a 100% significant point in this thread! When I read his response, looked at the chart, I was like......OMG.......the man told the truth! (or maybe a woman, or a Ze, Chee, whatever, but I do not know)

So I, being a concerned Conservative, decided that we could NOT allow ourselves to be led astray by our own party. We would become what we claim Democrats are; sheep being lied to, then led to economic slaughter. I was on the verge of switching sides! But then, I decided like all logical people should, that I would check out the graph, and Antons statement at the same time before I jumped ship, without a life preserver.

Now where best to do this? Well, how about the government statistics themselves? Sounded like a plan!

Here is what I found. Instead of a graph, I opted for a table by months. The pertinent column is the one all the way on the left. Scroll down through 2020, and see what it says, then enter 21. It will show EXACTLY when inflation hit-) To get to the table, scroll down the chart, and at the very bottom, there is a link in table form.

Antontoo has clearly, and absolutely made a 100% significant point in this thread! When I read his response, looked at the chart, I was like......OMG.......the man told the truth! (or maybe a woman, or a Ze, Chee, whatever, but I do not know)

So I, being a concerned Conservative, decided that we could NOT allow ourselves to be led astray by our own party. We would become what we claim Democrats are; sheep being lied to, then led to economic slaughter. I was on the verge of switching sides! But then, I decided like all logical people should, that I would check out the graph, and Antons statement at the same time before I jumped ship, without a life preserver.

Now where best to do this? Well, how about the government statistics themselves? Sounded like a plan!

Here is what I found. Instead of a graph, I opted for a table by months. The pertinent column is the one all the way on the left. Scroll down through 2020, and see what it says, then enter 21. It will show EXACTLY when inflation hit-) To get to the table, scroll down the chart, and at the very bottom, there is a link in table form.

And just for all of your information, when looking at the table, look at a few things that are extremely interesting.

1. Governments target is to keep inflation BELOW 3%. Most every economist agrees between 1 and 3% is the sweet spot.

2. Check out Trumps inflation numbers while the economy was expanding like crazy in 2019. An exercise on how someone who knows business and economics, as opposed to someone who doesn't!

3. Not everything is good on the chart for us though, or the Democrats. If you look backwards, who were the Presidents recently who could NOT hit their targets? Why GW Bush for 1. And if you look at when he lost control, then remember what happened right afterwards, you aren't going to be very calm.

The other was BHO, who lost control for a short period of time, and what was going on then? Natural Gas prices were going through the roof thanks to his energy policy, kinda like......you know.....good ole Joe's!

So then, the next time some Leftist Loon gives you some fairy tale theatre on what is actually going on, show them the table. Show them what happens when the person in power......or for that matter, the party in power screws the pooch like GW did. If they refuse the facts, then when the stuff that does happen when we are in this position happens if they do not quickly address it, while we do not deserve what is coming, they certainly do!

Last edited:
Here's your inflation. Feds bailed out housing and wall street. Massive QE through 2008-2020.

View attachment 630522
We didn't have inflation problems in 2008-2020 and all countries have hit inflation problem after Covid, with or without expansionary monetary policy.

It's simply incorrect to say that this inflation is strictly a function of Fed's balance sheets. It has some role but it only goes so far.

We didn't have inflation problems in 2008-2020 and all countries have hit inflation problem after Covid, with or without expansionary monetary policy.

It's simply incorrect to say that this inflation is strictly a function of Fed's balance sheets. It has some role but it only goes so far.

Not really when the fed is pumping in 8 trillion dollars over 3 years. They're creating the problem. We didn't have inflation problems because the fed was lending directly to banks and wall street and they weren't moving those monies.

“As our economy comes roaring back, we’ve seen some price increases,” Biden said duringremarks on July 19, 2021. “Some folks have raised worries that this could be a sign of persistent inflation. But that’s not our view. Our experts believe, and the data shows, that most of the price increases we’ve seen are – were expected and are expected to be temporary.”

EXPERTS? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :hyper: :hyper:

And his dumb ass supporters believed it.

The Biden stain will be with us for a generation.

So looks like I didn't tell the truth - the graph is not clear - "21" is placed in the middle of 2021 timeline that is only faintly denoted. The graph was actually correct and does show inflation increase roughly correlating to start of Biden term.

But let me tell you this fundamental truth that wingnutters constantly get wrong: correlation is not a good evidence of causation.

The economy was already negatively reacting in late 2020 knowing dumb ass Democrats would take charge in Jan, 2022. :itsok:
Thats just fn dumb. I know you are all wrapped up in your politics but thats not how economy works.

So Biden is incompetent is that your counter argument? :auiqs.jpg:
Biden is a president not economist. Why the hell would he have expertise on this?

As Biden correctly stated many economists IN FACT saw inflation problems as transitory due to Covid disruptions, and in fact they may still be when looking at this from mid 3-4 year perspective instead of just short term.

Maybe you think Biden also lied in 2021 about Russian invasion of Ukraine that is contributing to already inflamed post Covid inflation?

Biden is a president not economist. Why the hell would he have expertise on this?

As Biden correctly stated many economists IN FACT saw inflation problems as transitory due to Covid disruptions, and in fact they may still be when looking at this from mid 3-4 year perspective instead of just short term.

Maybe you think Biden also lied in 2021 about Russian invasion of Ukraine that is contributing to already inflamed post Covid inflation?
As POTUS Biden has an army of advisors who are. We'll just go with Biden is a big fat liar okay.

Forum List

Back