Biden said this was going to be “transitory inflation”

So looks like I didn't tell the truth - the graph is not clear - "21" is placed in the middle of 2021 timeline that is only faintly denoted. The graph was actually correct and does show inflation increase roughly correlating to start of Biden term.

But let me tell you this fundamental truth that wingnutters constantly get wrong: correlation is not a good evidence of causation.

Never said you lied, in fact, I read the graph that was posted exactly the way you did, which is why I had to look into it.

I also agree with you that correlation is not good evidence of causation, so we agree on that too.

Now then, did you know that Canada just stated that if the Keystone XL pipeline expansion would have continued, enough of the line would have been done today that they would be pumping into our borders an extra 800,000 to 900,000 barrels of oil to refine? So when they state this, I have no idea if that meant we would start today, yesterday, last week, or last month. But let us say today, which because it was said a few days ago, let us say last week.

This means that starting this month, the price of fuel is up X amount helping inflation, and it IS correlation and causation combined, proving the point, Joe and the Democrats screwed the pooch!

Now then, did you know that Canada just stated that if the Keystone XL pipeline expansion would have continued, enough of the line would have been done today that they would be pumping into our borders an extra 800,000 to 900,000 barrels of oil to refine? So when they state this, I have no idea if that meant we would start today, yesterday, last week, or last month. But let us say today, which because it was said a few days ago, let us say last week.

This means that starting this month, the price of fuel is up X amount helping inflation, and it IS correlation and causation combined, proving the point, Joe and the Democrats screwed the pooch!

First of all, even before getting cancelled by Biden, Keystone XL project had a lot of legal hurdles to still clear. Courts rulled that they didn't have proper environmental permits and project was halted in June 2020. So even without questioning, the highly questionable construction timeline, there is no way they would finish the project this year.

Secondly I've never seen any serious estimate of X to be all that significant. That low grade tarsand oil has limited use and it's not as if it would be free, even if cheaper.

First of all, even before getting cancelled by Biden, Keystone XL project had a lot of legal hurdles to still clear. Courts rulled that they didn't have proper environmental permits and project was halted in June 2020. So even without questioning, the highly questionable construction timeline, there is no way they would finish the project this year.

Secondly I've never seen any serious estimate of X to be all that significant. That tarsand oil has limited use and it's not as if it would be free.

^^^Look at the Biden supporter lobbying hard for the Iranian and Venezuelan oil companies. Just like Joe!

Secondly I've never seen any serious estimate of X to be all that significant. That low grade tarsand oil has limited use and it's not as if it would be free, even if cheaper.

Ahhh dude, sorry, but now you are making excuses. They had the permits up to the 1st point it was supposed to be tied in. Where you are talking about is the smaller offshoot, or should I say, smaller length offshoot.

By the way, know why it was being shipped down here? Because we can refine it!

Look, all you have to do to know what is going on, is look at the table I posted. You can go to the top of the table and see every category from natural gas, electric, food, gasoline, etc on down. When you cross reference it with the policies Presidents put in place and follow it down the chart from there, you see the effect. For instance...............look at coal policy, and see the effect on electricity. When you also cross reference it with how the economy was doing at the time, you get a pretty good idea when following down the table for all policy initiatives, how it worked out.

That does NOT mean that all Democrat Administrations did bad things, and all Republican Administrations did good things. What it helps everyone understand is.............what worked, and what did NOT work as advertised by our politicians from both sides of the aisle.

Look, for people who do not care about the price of fuel, natural gas, or electricity and just want to go green, just SAY IT, and quit making excuses. As soon as you discover when these initiatives were started by BOTH sides and then correlate it to the table and go down, while cross referencing it with economic growth to offset other variables to make, or subvert reality, you can come to an easy conclusion of how this stuff worked.

It is NOT HARD to do! Then, depending upon your stance on energy, you know EXACTLY who to, or who to NOT support. Just look at the Obama initiatives, the GW initiatives, the Trump initiatives, and the Biden initiatives. Hell, even look at the Clinton initiatives if it shows them. You can plainly see what they do to us by following the corresponding column down.

How do we know this?

Because like initiatives from either party, did exactly the same thing to different degrees. Now we can say causation has nothing to do with correlation; but at some point, you have to say that there is "no such thing as a coincidence!" If doing the same policy under a different name, in some cases by different political party's causes basically the same outcome in prices, then to most people, that would be called a CLUE!

Last edited:
Ahhh dude, sorry, but now you are making excuses. They had the permits up to the 1st point it was supposed to be tied in. Where you are talking about is the smaller offshoot, or should I say, smaller length offshoot.

Thats just not true, only 8% of the cancelled Keystone XL pipline was ever completed.

Do you see any "offshoots"?

map-keystone-xl-624.png

“As our economy comes roaring back, we’ve seen some price increases,” Biden said duringremarks on July 19, 2021. “Some folks have raised worries that this could be a sign of persistent inflation. But that’s not our view. Our experts believe, and the data shows, that most of the price increases we’ve seen are – were expected and are expected to be temporary.”

EXPERTS? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :hyper: :hyper:

Wow, Biden was wrong again. Seems to happen every day that starts with a Y.

Hell, his USDA will not even open up CRP land for planting this season despite all that is happening in the world as far a good goes.

There are people working together to destroy America. The Globalists and the CCP are using their Republican and democrat Flying Monkey.

At this point we need a zero based budget.

Furthermore, Congress should not be able to pass any new laws until we start paying down debt

Only way to make that happen is to quit voting for Rs or Ds.

You finally ready to get on board?

Thats just not true, only 8% of the cancelled Keystone XL pipline was ever completed.

Do you see any "offshoots"?

map-keystone-xl-624.png

Now see, there you go again, lol. I am not disputing what you said, or your link, what I did was suckered you in, lol.

You see, you insist I am blaming Biden. For killing it, yes I am. From what I read, it would have started shipping by Q1, 2023.

But that is not what you said to me, correct!

You are right, I said it would be pumping now.

WTF you say!

I am not blaming Biden except for killing it, I am blaming it on Democrats for it not pumping now!

Huh?

-) Obama rejects Keystone XL pipeline and hails US as leader on climate change

Last edited:
"Transitory inflation" means as long as the Democrats are in charge.

We saw this inflation shit back when that idiot Carter was President. It took Reagan to correct the mess.

Wow, Biden was wrong again.
What makes you think he is wrong?

“I want to be clear: my administration understands that were we ever to experience unchecked inflation in the long term, that would pose a real challenge for our economy,” he added. “While we’re confident that isn’t what we’re seeing today, we’re going to remain vigilant about any response that is needed.”

Inflation has been coming on strong in the short term, but that doesn't nescessarily mean that this is a long term issue and it could well be resolved within mid-term of about 3-4 years.

Remember, Covid is STILL disrupting supply. China is in shut down mode right now.

From what I read, it would have started shipping by Q1, 2023.

I don't understand how you can be talking about inflationary effects starting this month for a pipeline you peg completion of to Q1,2023.

What makes you think he is wrong?

“I want to be clear: my administration understands that were we ever to experience unchecked inflation in the long term, that would pose a real challenge for our economy,” he added. “While we’re confident that isn’t what we’re seeing today, we’re going to remain vigilant about any response that is needed.”

Inflation has been coming on strong in the short term, but that doesn't nescessarily mean that this is a long term issue and it could well be resolved within mid-term of about 3-4 years.

Remember, Covid is STILL disrupting supply. China is in shut down mode right now.

More than a year is long term. It was one thing to pass it off as not a big deal when we were comparing 2020 COVID numbers to non-COVID numbers but now we are not doing that any longer.

I don't understand how you can be talking about inflationary effects starting this month for a pipeline you peg completion of to Q1,2023.

Because it was the Democrats and enviros who killed this under Obama. Just read all the different links when he did it.

This is not only about Biden, this is about all Democrats. Trump OKed it, then your people fought tooth and nail to stop it, again, till Biden got in. Fact is, it should have been OKed long ago under Obama.

It is part and parcel of your Democratic party, STOP fossil fuels.

Again, that is ok, but just admit you want green now, instead of making excuses for the Democrats pushing it. Explain to Americans why it is in their best interest to do it today instead of waiting for the technology to mature enough to compete. Quit blaming the GOP or anyone else, this whole thing lies at the feet of those pushing it today. Either take a bow for your stance, or hide; but don't make excuses that do not hold water.

More than a year is long term. It was one thing to pass it off as not a big deal when we were comparing 2020 COVID numbers to non-COVID numbers but now we are not doing that any longer.

Last year at this time inflation was normal 2.6% vs everything-coming-to-a-halt March 2020, so we are comparing against numbers that didn't yet show Covid counter swing effects.

As I posted in a different thread....
Biden Administration:

Summer 2021.... there is no inflation... in fact hot dogs are cheaper.
Fall 2021... meh... it is only temporary
Winter 2021... it only affects the rich
Spring 2022... we have inflation alright.... damn Putin!!

More than a year is long term.
Never heard that one.

I mean how can you have this thing resolved in a year if Covid is still disrupting supply to this day and the whole Ukraine thing breaks out?

Transitory effects have to do with recent, temporary events as opposed to long term structural problems. Covid is temporary, Ukrainian war is temporary, car shortages are temporary, housing shortages are temporary and we'll shake out energy spikes.

So I don't know how you can say with certainty that what we are seeing are long term structural problems.

Last edited:
Never heard that one.

I mean how can you have this thing resolved in a year if Covid is still disrupting supply to this day and the whole Ukraine thing breaks out?

Transitory effects have to do with recent, temporary events as opposed to long term structural problems. Covid is temporary, Ukrainian war is temporary, car shortages are temporary, housing shortages are temporary and we'll shake out energy spikes.

So I don't know how you can say with certainty that what we are seeing is long term structural problem.

Let me ask you this, outside of fuel, do you think prices will actually go back down once things are resolved?

Forum List

Back