Biden police reform: Whats realistic and whats not

Unlike Trump, Biden wont be ordering cops to rough up citizens. But Biden will try some reform. Here is my opinion on what he should do.

Shoot in knee? No. Biden was incorrect. They cant do that bc you can easily miss the knee and hit someone else. BUT why the chest? Why not the stomach? Its the same size as the chest and the chance of survival is much higher. Just aim 1 foot lower, problem solved. Yes some could still die but if 50% dont thats a win.

Mental health training: Most “suicide by cops” wont end up hurtjng the cop they just act like that to get shot. Tough situation but when cops have that info they should not shoot. Why not vs a knife just GET BACK IN THE CAR until he calms down??? He cant stab thru a window, and if he breaks it.....back the car up.

Im also curious about why tranquilizer darts cant be used? Its like we care enough about not killing an animal to use them but a human life isnt worth it? Im not really that informed on the science behind tranquilizers so I’ll follow the science if anyone else is.

Oh and “Stupid liberals” “They brought it on themselves” arent really productive responses
Some of those cities have been Democratic to Progressive Socilist since around 1950. When were the Progs going to get around to it? We know most of your agendas now. It is how you do it that is the issue. You have to many people with the Stockholm Syndrome educated by the Communist acolytes.

Unlike Trump, Biden wont be ordering cops to rough up citizens. But Biden will try some reform. Here is my opinion on what he should do.

Shoot in knee? No. Biden was incorrect. They cant do that bc you can easily miss the knee and hit someone else. BUT why the chest? Why not the stomach? Its the same size as the chest and the chance of survival is much higher. Just aim 1 foot lower, problem solved. Yes some could still die but if 50% dont thats a win.

Mental health training: Most “suicide by cops” wont end up hurtjng the cop they just act like that to get shot. Tough situation but when cops have that info they should not shoot. Why not vs a knife just GET BACK IN THE CAR until he calms down??? He cant stab thru a window, and if he breaks it.....back the car up.

Im also curious about why tranquilizer darts cant be used? Its like we care enough about not killing an animal to use them but a human life isnt worth it? Im not really that informed on the science behind tranquilizers so I’ll follow the science if anyone else is.

Oh and “Stupid liberals” “They brought it on themselves” arent really productive responses
you shoot for center mass which is the center of the torso

That's what gives you the most probable hit.

4-6 inches lower isn’t much to ask
Ever fire a gun? It is a lot to ask. You charge a police officer, you deserve to die.

That’s a lot of ignorance in one post. Do you even know guns and tranq guns are completely different things?

Yeah and so are tasers and pepper spray

Cops can be given one more tool

Yeah and so are tasers and pepper spray
What's the effective range of a taser or pepper spray when someone is shooting at you?

...and keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. Leftist idiots don't understand that there's a reason why cops have 15+1 rounds in their Glocks, two spare 15-round magazines, and a carbine in the car with a 30-round magazine.

They just didn't decide to carry those one day, out of the blue. If it was so easy, they'd still be carrying antiquated 6-round revolvers.

Shoot a gun once with someone charging at you with a dangerous weapon and then get back to us on that.

Well that’s obviously why the knee thing is a bad idea I admit Biden screwed that up.

But chest vs stomach??? Same size. Same torso. Less fatal in stomach so why not?
You shoot to kill if you're in danger. It is police protocol. How about we don't charge police officers with dangerous weapons.

I agree w not attacking cops. All violence is wrong.

He'll make some changes to the window dressing, but not much else.

Just like Obama did very little to address the epidemic of executioner cops during his administration
You mean the police that arrest 10-12 million perpetrators a year and kill 100 of them, mostly white? That "epidemic"??

Your numbers are WAY off:

1605726985823.png

Racism is only part of the problem however of allowing those with Right WIng Authoritarian Scale disorders to have any sort of arbitrary power over others.

Shoot a gun once with someone charging at you with a dangerous weapon and then get back to us on that.

Well that’s obviously why the knee thing is a bad idea I admit Biden screwed that up.

But chest vs stomach??? Same size. Same torso. Less fatal in stomach so why not?
You shoot to kill if you're in danger. It is police protocol. How about we don't charge police officers with dangerous weapons.

No. Not all. If a criminal is attacking one of my kids and I shoot him, is it still wrong?

Yes or no?

He'll make some changes to the window dressing, but not much else.

Just like Obama did very little to address the epidemic of executioner cops during his administration
You mean the police that arrest 10-12 million perpetrators a year and kill 100 of them, mostly white? That "epidemic"??

Your numbers are WAY off:

View attachment 418001
Racism is only part of the problem however of allowing those with Right WIng Authoritarian Scale disorders to have any sort of arbitrary power over others.
Sorry closer to 1000 out of 10-12 million......wow what a statistical difference! And still way more whites even though percentage of crimes by whites and blacks is similar.

4-6 inches lower isn’t much to ask

I sure as hell is. Are you saying one way is legal but the other makes you guilty of murder?

You're a fucking moron.

There are a number of countries where cops don't carry guns on their body while on patrol or responding to calls. I'm not saying that police officers here shouldn't have weapons with them but there is a conversation to be had about our society and our focus in my opinion.

I think the most immediate change that the police should and can change is with their training and the general purpose of their job. Training for police officers in the US is only on average a few months long and resembles a military boot camp. Most don't receive any real and sustaining educational training on society, ethics, culture, and most importantly mental health. Becoming a police officer should resemble getting a college degree to some extent. I'm not saying they need to spend four years learning the job but at least a year or two of multi-layered training before they are ever alone on the job would be ideal. That time should be spend in classrooms learning about culture, societal issues, mental health, religion, economic issues, and so on. They should also spend months with social workers, fire departments, mental health professionals accompanying calls so that they can shadow and learn. With that increased education should also be an increased pay to go along with it.

Gun laws and other political and social issues should come into play too in my opinion which will ultimately help cops in their job, but right now the basic expectation of a police officers job tends to center around violence with the expectation of a gun being present or used. That needs to change in my opinion. Using a gun should be a complete last resort and not up to the individual officer in most cases. We've seen examples of people being shot and killed while being chased all because a gun is present. This is where the increased training would come in as well as a change in the expectation of their role. With increased technology to help find suspects, increased training to help officers be more educated and prepared, and increased disciplined reluctance to use deadly force you could see the reputation of the police change to more of a person that is working for the community rather than against them.

When did President Trump ever order police to rough people up?

That's easy. Never. Another lame thread by ultra liberal Peach who thinks college should be free and $15 an hour minimum wage is not high enough.

What an airhead.

No. Not all. If a criminal is attacking one of my kids and I shoot him, is it still wrong?

Yes or no?

No, I meant violence initiated by someone against an innocent. Unlike a few liberals (very few) I do
Believe in the right to general self defense

There are a number of countries where cops don't carry guns on their body while on patrol or responding to calls. I'm not saying that police officers here shouldn't have weapons with them but there is a conversation to be had about our society and our focus in my opinion.

I think the most immediate change that the police should and can change is with their training and the general purpose of their job. Training for police officers in the US is only on average a few months long and resembles a military boot camp. Most don't receive any real and sustaining educational training on society, ethics, culture, and most importantly mental health. Becoming a police officer should resemble getting a college degree to some extent. I'm not saying they need to spend four years learning the job but at least a year or two of multi-layered training before they are ever alone on the job would be ideal. That time should be spend in classrooms learning about culture, societal issues, mental health, religion, economic issues, and so on. They should also spend months with social workers, fire departments, mental health professionals accompanying calls so that they can shadow and learn. With that increased education should also be an increased pay to go along with it.

Gun laws and other political and social issues should come into play too in my opinion which will ultimately help cops in their job, but right now the basic expectation of a police officers job tends to center around violence with the expectation of a gun being present or used. That needs to change in my opinion. Using a gun should be a complete last resort and not up to the individual officer in most cases. We've seen examples of people being shot and killed while being chased all because a gun is present. This is where the increased training would come in as well as a change in the expectation of their role. With increased technology to help find suspects, increased training to help officers be more educated and prepared, and increased disciplined reluctance to use deadly force you could see the reputation of the police change to more of a person that is working for the community rather than against them.
Just like the early days of the FBI when the agents had peashooters up against the criminals Thompson machine guns. The police need everything they can get to battle today's thugs, to protect citizens and themselves.

Yes or no?

No, I meant violence initiated by someone against an innocent. Unlike a few liberals (very few) I do
Believe in the right to general self defense
Ahhh...but "innocent" is a subjective statement. All those small business owners who lost their businesses in Minny and other cities due to BLM and Anarchists and Antifa are innocents but the media didn't care and called the protests "mostly peaceful".

Just like the early days of the FBI when the agents had peashooters up against the criminals Thompson machine guns. The police need everything they can get to battle today's thugs, to protect citizens and themselves.

Those thugs like rap.

Those thugs like rap.
And big clips in their automatic weapons

Democrats like Biden might also tell people to comply with Police. Take note of procedure and steps. If there are issues, you can sue the Police Department or other legal action later. Here's a tip" Don't be a dumb fuck and attack the officer or try and go for the officer's weapon or a weapon of your own like a knife in your car, for example.

Good movie on that topic, came out in 1935

" It's the early days of the F.B.I. - federal agents working for the Department of Justice. Though they've got limited powers - they don't carry weapons and have to get local police approval for arrests - "

Forum List

Back