Biden objects to raising the gas tax, its greed of the gas companies.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The federal gas tax stands at 18.4 cents a gallon and has not increased since 1993. It helps pay for highways and mass transit programs around the country. Congress has traditionally relied on the user-pay principle to pay for road and bridge work, but is increasingly relying on general funds to accomplish that task. Lawmakers from both parties are wary of attack ads accusing them of supporting a hike in gas prices.

Mi raised the gas tax in 2017 , 2 year before we got Gov Whitmer, the rep raised prices, and we have a maj republican senate since 1983.

Mizzouri used to have the lowest rates but the majority Republican led government raised gas taxes along with license and tag fee increases..

Now some Repubs will tell us only Democrats raise taxes...

Gasoline tax should pay for highways and byways.

Not public transportation, which should be supported by the fares or by the cities which they serve.

Most cities don't have subway systems, why should those of us in Hermitage PA pay for NYC's subway since we'll never even see it.

The federal gas tax stands at 18.4 cents a gallon and has not increased since 1993. It helps pay for highways and mass transit programs around the country. Congress has traditionally relied on the user-pay principle to pay for road and bridge work, but is increasingly relying on general funds to accomplish that task. Lawmakers from both parties are wary of attack ads accusing them of supporting a hike in gas prices.

Mi raised the gas tax in 2017 , 2 year before we got Gov Whitmer, the rep raised prices, and we have a maj republican senate since 1983.

Like you, Biden wants working-class people, especially black and brown ones, to pay for his infrastructure slush fund. As you mentioned yesterday, you favor raising taxes on people making $18,250 a year, and I'm sure Biden does as well. You hate poor people.

Like you, Biden wants working-class people, especially black and brown ones, to pay for his infrastructure slush fund. As you mentioned yesterday, you favor raising taxes on people making $18,250 a year, and I'm sure Biden does as well. You hate poor people.
Read my lips, no I asked you if you can live on 18,250 if you had 2 kids?

No new taxes unless you make 400,000 bucks a year, and there is no slush fund.
--------------------------------------

The Biden tax plan would raise levies on capital gains and ordinary income and increase tax audits for those earning more than $400,000 a year

President Joe Biden aims to fund expanded education, child care, paid leave and other reforms by collecting more tax revenue from Americans who make more than $400,000 a year.

Mizzouri used to have the lowest rates but the majority Republican led government raised gas taxes along with license and tag fee increases..

Now some Repubs will tell us only Democrats raise taxes...
They are greedy politicians, they all the same they may tell you differently but they are not. Biden made a stupid promise not to raise taxes on those making less than $400000, he has painted himself into a corner.

Biden objects to raising the gas tax​

Really???? than why doesn't he tell the states to undo their gas tax....CA gas tax is breaking working folks....
gas out west where I live and in CA is $4.00 per gallon....maybe a tax break for gas is better than a child tax credit....

Your title makes no sense.

"Biden objects to raising the gas tax, its greed of the gas companies."

What does the 'greed of the gas companies' have to do with taxes?

How is it the oil companies, the average profit for an oil company on a gallon of gas is seven cents. The Feds take 28 cents, the state with the lowest fuel tax is Alaska and they take 8.9 Cents. Pennsylvania takes 58 cents. Pennsylvania the total tax on a gallon of gas federal and state is 86 cents total, in Alaska the total is 37 cents a gallon and you are going to blame it on the oil companies that take 7 cents a gallon? Is this your Biden math working?

Really???? than why doesn't he tell the states to undo their gas tax....CA gas tax is breaking working folks....
gas out west where I live and in CA is $4.00 per gallon....maybe a tax break for gas is better than a child tax credit....
I don't know, possibly the Cal state raised taxes, just for the holidays, its the greed of gas companies.

The Gas tax was raised in 2017.

Last edited:

I don't know, possibly the Cal state raised taxes, just for the holidays, its the greed of gas companies.

The Gas tax was raised in 2017. What was in in 2019?

The oil companies have no control over the taxes levied on their products. Do you not understand that, or are you just intent on continuing to tell this lie no matter how stupid it makes you look?

Seven cents a gallon average profit is greed by corporations however the government taking between 37cents to 86 cents a gallon in taxes isn't? Taxes are 5-12 times higher than oil companies profits but you just blame big oil. How do you justify the government raping the consumer?

The amount that we pay in taxes per gallon of gasoline is quite a bit more than the amount of profit that the companies that make this gasoline available to us make on each gallon.

And yet, it's the oil companies that are “greedy”.

That's standard left wrong-wing “logic” for you.

Their profit margin has been steady at 7% for decades.

Seven cents a gallon average profit is greed by corporations however the government taking between 37cents to 86 cents a gallon in taxes isn't? Taxes are 5-12 times higher than oil companies profits but you just blame big oil. How do you justify the government raping the consumer?

Its big oil companies that mainly are raising prices.

Do you know how much big oil prices are, last I heard it was over 50 bucks a barrel. Most of it is kept right here in the US and we export very little. The gas in the US is self sufficient. It was almost in 2016.

The oil companies have no control over the taxes levied on their products. Do you not understand that, or are you just intent on continuing to tell this lie no matter how stupid it makes you look?
Oh the big companies control the price of gas.
The price of gasoline is made up of four factors: taxes, distribution and marketing, the cost of refining, and crude oil prices. Of these four factors, the price of crude oil accounts for nearly 70% of the price you pay at the pump, so when they fluctuate (as they often do), we see the effects.
https://www.leithcars.com/blogs/1421/lifestyle/pay-pump-understanding-gas-prices-determined/

Pay at the Pump: Understanding How Gas Prices are Determine---------------------------​

There all take their share of the profits.

Your title makes no sense.

"Biden objects to raising the gas tax, its greed of the gas companies."

What does the 'greed of the gas companies' have to do with taxes?
Somebody please spoon-feed Will.

Do you know how much big oil prices are, last I heard it was over 50 bucks a barrel. Most of it is kept right here in the US and we export very little. The gas in the US is self sufficient. It was almost in 2016.

OPEC was $75.94 day before yesterday. They need $70 in the US to break even.

So they make 21 cents a gallon, and the government 37- 86 a gallon and it is still big oils fault? If the prices are too high, why doesn't government cut the taxes for it citizens instead of keeping them this high?

I have a bigger problem with a company making 37- 86 a gallon than a one making 21 cents for awhile and averaging only 7 cents a gallon over a longer span.

If I thought the taxes actually did help with infrastructure, I could see the value but it's another case of government mismanage of funds.

Forum List

Back