Biden Lie #4,638: You Can Buy a Gun at a Gunshow Without a Background Check

Some Biden administration clown on TV this morning attempting to 'clarify;' what Joe meant and proceeded to do so by creating and laying out some strawman argument about an 'individual seller' at a Gun Show conducting a personal sale of a weapon independent of the gun show without any background check being conducted.

I posted earlier a sign at a Gun Show stating that all sales of weapons at the gun show must comply with all govt rules, regulations, and laws to include background checks. I have not been to a gun show that does NOT have such a sign and that does NOT comply with all of that.

Some Biden administration clown on TV this morning attempting to 'clarify;' what Joe meant and proceeded to do so by creating and laying out some strawman argument about an 'individual seller' at a Gun Show conducting a personal sale of a weapon independent of the gun show without any background check being conducted.

I posted earlier a sign at a Gun Show stating that all sales of weapons at the gun show must comply with all govt rules, regulations, and laws to include background checks. I have not been to a gun show that does NOT have such a sign and that does NOT comply with all of that.
in missouri I've never seen that sign and not had a BG check for private purchases,,,

Naw, this is too corny even for Hollywood. The day before the President of the United States issued executive orders to control the sale of guns there is a mass shooting in South Carolina. The day he issued the executive orders, there is a mass shooting in Texas.

Corny, but true.

The Post reports, "At least five people are dead, including two children, in what police in York County, S.C., called a “case of a mass shooting” that involved a former National Football League player as the suspected gunman.

"Four of the victims of the Wednesday shooting came from what authorities described as a “very prominent and very well-known” family in the Rock Hill community: Robert Lesslie, a 70-year-old doctor; his wife, Barbara Lesslie, 69; and two grandchildren, Adah, 9, and Noah, 5. The fifth victim, James Lewis, 38, of Gastonia, N.C., was working at the home at the time of the shooting.

"The York County Sheriff’s Office confirmed in a news release to The Washington Post on Thursday that the suspected gunman was Phillip Adams, a former NFL player who killed himself early Thursday after an hours-long search by police."

CNN reports, "One person was killed and at least four others were wounded in a shooting at an industrial park in Bryan, Texas, on Thursday afternoon, police said.

"One person was later taken into custody in nearby Grimes County after a trooper was shot, Sheriff Donald Sowell told CNN, adding the incident may be connected to the industrial park shooting."

Texas has an open carry law. A person can walk down a street in Bryan carrying an assault rifle. On March 17, 2021, the South Carolina House gave key approval to a bill allowing people to carry an assault rifle on a street in Rock Hill.

All this follows mass murders in Atlanta and Boulder three weeks ago. Both Georgia and Colorado allow persons to carry assault rifles down their city streets.

Go figure.

BIDEN: "But you go to a gun show, you can buy whatever you want and no background check.”

Not true. The people selling guns at "gun shows" are licensed dealers, who MUST run background checks on ANYONE purchasing a gun.

Now, just like with any other type of "swap meet" there will always be someone out in the parking lot who might have a gun that they try and sell, knowing that the people walking to and from the show are likely gun buyers.
Keep in mind, I could right now drive up to my local shopping center, park in the parking lot, and as patrons walk by, I could announce to them I have a gun for sale. Obviously, eventually I would be approached by security or police, and ordered to leave.

The point here is we all know what Biden was trying to imply when he made this lie. He knows that he can get away with it since he has the MSM in his back pocket, and he also knows that the more a lie like this is told, the more people will believe it, and go on their way believing anyone can buy any firearm at any gun show without having their background checked out.

Forum List

Back