Biden jacks inflation up to 5.3% in August

This is good. The rubes who voted for this idiot need to feel the consequences of electing a man under the complete control of Chinese and Russian communists.

Consumer prices increased 5.3% in the year ending in July, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Department of Labor.

The numbers from the consumer price index came in line with forecast expectations and raise concerns that inflation is coming in too hot as the country continues its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The August report on inflation was highly anticipated because it comes after a jobs report that was far worse than expected. The economy added just 235,000 new jobs last month , far fewer than the 750,000 that were expected. Despite the meager gains, the overall unemployment rate dropped slightly from 5.4% to 5.2%.

Bankrate's chief financial analyst Greg McBride said that the inflation numbers were underscored by "easing price pressures" in some of the industries that saw the hottest inflation just months ago, which he said speaks to the potentially transitory nature of the increases.

"The debate over whether inflation will be short-lived or more sustained has not been resolved. The jury will remain out for many more months, particularly with persistent supply chain constraints," McBride said.

Inflation has been higher in recent months than the Federal Reserve and many economists anticipated earlier this year. The consumer price index registered its highest year-over-year gains since 2008 in June and July when it clocked in at a whopping 5.4%.

There is no evidence that this is anything but transitory inflation. Trump and his supporters have assisted in this as well. Thanks to you jerks, the coronavirus is still going strong. If people would get vaccinated the numbers would drop and the severity of it would be lessened.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
fredgraph.png

Hmmmm....that M1 money supply curve looks interesting.

Can any lefty articulate what this means?
It means we all have more beer money.

There is no evidence that this is anything but transitory inflation. Trump and his supporters have assisted in this as well. Thanks to you jerks, the coronavirus is still going strong. If people would get vaccinated the numbers would drop and the severity of it would be lessened.
I think the brain inside your head is transitory. As for the leftyvirus, who is president now doofus? Plus vaccinated people are getting the leftyvirus left and right can you read statistics?

Some interesting stuff here. Trumpsters, please don't read this. It will not register.

Inflation is running at a 13 year high. Inflation is not transitory genius. EVERYBODY with any sense knows this. I have been telling you this for months but you still haven’t figured it out. The Federal Reserve buying a boat load of securities every month doesn’t help either.

Wages must increase significantly to get people off their duffs seeing as they are getting paid to stay home. When wages rise so do prices. Higher salaried employee‘s wages will not rise so they will simply take a pay cut as they have to pay for more goods and services. The lower waged workers will net gain nothing.

Maybe you should learn to think for yourself instead of just ingesting what others tell you. If economics is your thing, write you own article explaing why inflation is NOT transitory and how the supply chain disruptions are NOT a direct result of the labor shortage which in turn is NOT a direct result of paying people to stay home. You voted for it. Own it.

You could not be more wrong. This inflation is NOT transitory. You must be reading partisan articles by economists who are putting their Party above their credibility.

Inflation is running at a 13 year high. Inflation is not transitory genius. EVERYBODY with any sense knows this. I have been telling you this for months but you still haven’t figured it out. The Federal Reserve buying a boat load of securities every month doesn’t help either.

Wages must increase significantly to get people off their duffs seeing as they are getting paid to stay home. When wages rise so do prices. Higher salaried employee‘s wages will not rise so they will simply take a pay cut as they have to pay for more goods and services. The lower waged workers will net gain nothing.

Maybe you should learn to think for yourself instead of just ingesting what others tell you. If economics is your thing, write you own article explaing why inflation is NOT transitory and how the supply chain disruptions are NOT a direct result of the labor shortage which in turn is NOT a direct result of paying people to stay home. You voted for it. Own it.
Okie dokie, Trumpster. You're the knowledgeable one.

It’s clear you get republic talking points.

be scared. i've heard bidens inflation is so bad ass, it goes to 11.

This lying admin keeps saying INFLATION IS GOOD!

So, Biden cultists....if inflation is good....what is the perfect annual inflation?

Just list a number:

The perfect annual inflation rate is (ENTER NUMBER HERE) %

Everyone knows inflation is high because of record spending and demand!!!!!

LMAO........damn leftists are retarded.

One of these dumb assholes said it was good because wages go up.

:hyper: :clap: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :hyper: :clap: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

The cultists just believe EVERYTHING!!!

Let's have 1000000000% inflation and everyone earns $50,000,000,000 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW WE ARE ALL RICH!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!

The Trumpsters are either lying or ignorant about what's driving inflation right now.

Either way, trying to convince them of anything else is an exercise in futility.

well no one ever accused em of being very bright.

As an aside....My son's name is Brandon...and he has not decided if he likes this MEME thing.

I love it!!

What happens now when I watch him at some sporting event or something and I yell, "LETS GO BRANDON!!!"

I will probably get kicked out. :laughing0301:

Lefties...let me let you in on a little secret.

INFLATION OVER 2-3% is BAD.

WE ARE AT 5%.....you dumbshits.

This lying admin keeps saying INFLATION IS GOOD!

So, Biden cultists....if inflation is good....what is the perfect annual inflation?

Just list a number:

The perfect annual inflation rate is (ENTER NUMBER HERE) %
Is deflation good?

One of these dumb assholes said it was good because wages go up.

:hyper: :clap: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :hyper: :clap: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

The cultists just believe EVERYTHING!!!

Let's have 1000000000% inflation and everyone earns $50,000,000,000 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW WE ARE ALL RICH!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!
I went to Turkey back in the 1990s and to buy an apple it cost 1,000,000 Turkish Lira. That apple ended up costing me around 6 dollars.

1634680381975.png

Forum List

Back