Biden jacks inflation up to 5.3% in August

Good Lord. Sure, everyone’s life is transitory. The Earth is transitory. Everything we know in life is transitory. Get real and not so blinded.

Inflation should subside once supply chains will better meet demand and Covid disruptions settle down, so your "definitely not transitory!" claims will likely be proven false with time.

I think you kinda get that, hence your good lords and semantic games.

Inflation should subside once supply chains will better meet demand and Covid disruptions settle down, so your "definitely not transitory!" claims will likely be proven false with time.

I think you kinda get that, hence your good lords and semantic games.

No it won't because too many people don't have an appetite to go back to work, in part due to Biden's giveaways. If he passes his human infrastructure plan, look for the labor shortage to get much worse along with inflation.

This is good. The rubes who voted for this idiot need to feel the consequences of electing a man under the complete control of Chinese and Russian communists.

Consumer prices increased 5.3% in the year ending in July, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Department of Labor.

The numbers from the consumer price index came in line with forecast expectations and raise concerns that inflation is coming in too hot as the country continues its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The August report on inflation was highly anticipated because it comes after a jobs report that was far worse than expected. The economy added just 235,000 new jobs last month , far fewer than the 750,000 that were expected. Despite the meager gains, the overall unemployment rate dropped slightly from 5.4% to 5.2%.

Bankrate's chief financial analyst Greg McBride said that the inflation numbers were underscored by "easing price pressures" in some of the industries that saw the hottest inflation just months ago, which he said speaks to the potentially transitory nature of the increases.

"The debate over whether inflation will be short-lived or more sustained has not been resolved. The jury will remain out for many more months, particularly with persistent supply chain constraints," McBride said.

Inflation has been higher in recent months than the Federal Reserve and many economists anticipated earlier this year. The consumer price index registered its highest year-over-year gains since 2008 in June and July when it clocked in at a whopping 5.4%.
We should raise the minimum wage to raise tax revenue.

No it won't because too many people don't have an appetite to go back to work, in part due to Biden's giveaways.
What giveaways?

Unemployment has expired in July, it's now 3 months later.

This is good. The rubes who voted for this idiot need to feel the consequences of electing a man under the complete control of Chinese and Russian communists.

Consumer prices increased 5.3% in the year ending in July, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Department of Labor.

The numbers from the consumer price index came in line with forecast expectations and raise concerns that inflation is coming in too hot as the country continues its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The August report on inflation was highly anticipated because it comes after a jobs report that was far worse than expected. The economy added just 235,000 new jobs last month , far fewer than the 750,000 that were expected. Despite the meager gains, the overall unemployment rate dropped slightly from 5.4% to 5.2%.

Bankrate's chief financial analyst Greg McBride said that the inflation numbers were underscored by "easing price pressures" in some of the industries that saw the hottest inflation just months ago, which he said speaks to the potentially transitory nature of the increases.

"The debate over whether inflation will be short-lived or more sustained has not been resolved. The jury will remain out for many more months, particularly with persistent supply chain constraints," McBride said.

Inflation has been higher in recent months than the Federal Reserve and many economists anticipated earlier this year. The consumer price index registered its highest year-over-year gains since 2008 in June and July when it clocked in at a whopping 5.4%.
What did you say?

1635801227307.png

What giveaways?

Unemployment has expired in July, it's now 3 months later.

Good God, why do I have to keep saying this. The change to the child tax credit is a huge giveaway for those with children on the lower end of the economic spectrum. It is now fully refundable. SNAP was increased. Some states If this social spending plan gets passed, there are several more will be put into place. This is all “free” according to Democrats. They are corrrect, it is free for the ~50% that don’t pay income taxes.

Right-wingers have nothing but bigotry against the Poor. Poverty is a known phenomenon that is conducive to developmental, familial, and learning disabilities.

It is unethical for the right-wing to be against equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

We could be improving the efficiency of our economy but for right-wing, "hate on the Poor".

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
There is no evidence that this is anything but transitory inflation. Trump and his supporters have assisted in this as well. Thanks to you jerks, the coronavirus is still going strong. If people would get vaccinated the numbers would drop and the severity of it would be lessened.

:blowpop: :blowpop: :blowpop: :blowpop: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Look how wrong these assholes were.

This is the poster who yesterday said I am a threat to democracy.

This person is always wrong.

:blowpop: :blowpop: :blowpop: :blowpop: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Look how wrong these assholes were.

This is the poster who yesterday said I am a threat to democracy.

This person is always wrong.
And with Social Security following inflation, more free dollars are going to be given out, thus increasing inflation again, the never ending Marxist cycle to bankrupt this country.

And with Social Security following inflation, more free dollars are going to be given out, thus increasing inflation again, the never ending Marxist cycle to bankrupt this country.
And where do you imagine Social Security dollars come from?

They come from TAXES, which are deflationary on the front end. So the increase in inflation from SS payouts is naturally offset by the increase in SS taxes.

And where do you imagine Social Security dollars come from?

They come from TAXES, which are deflationary on the front end. So the increase in inflation from SS payouts is naturally offset by the increase in SS taxes.

When you take in less dollars than given out, the dollar inflates. Too many Marxist women have aborted their babies(thus not spreading the stupid gene) but less workers in the workplace. Which is why you hear how the left has stolen the old peoples SS for nefarious means.

fredgraph.png

Hmmmm....that M1 money supply curve looks interesting.

Can any lefty articulate what this means?
interesting; this is the first I've heard of it and it happened a couple years ago.

At first glance the M1 seems to be an artifact of the graph making, like maybe the eggheads changed the definition of what's counted in the M1 to make it more inclusive. Maybe some new legislation got passed that required bankers to store money in a different instrument thereby making the M1 look bigger.

So I looked into it and at second glance I find that it seems to be a definition change w/ the M2 (M1 w/ more stuff) staying the same (from the Fed here):

M1 and M2 Definitions Have Changed​

Posted on September 7, 2022 by Tony Lima

[Edited September 7, 2022 to clarify that total M2 did not change. Only the M1 and M2 definitions are different. Essentially, some assets were moved from M2 to M1. But, as always, M2 includes M1 so there was no change in M2 totals.]
I have now seen two separate articles that are confused about what has happened to M1 and M2. The publications were Zerohedge.com[1] and Redstate.com.[2] The latter is the more egregious, starting with the headline “Why Is the Fed Not Reporting M1 and M2 Numbers?” The answer, of course, is that the Fed reports not only M1 and M2 using the current definitions, but also publishes comparisons of the two measures with the previous definitions. See Appendix Tables 2, 3, and 4 in the Fed’s H.6 report.[3]
The main source of this misunderstanding is the definition of M1 and M2 changed in May, 2020. This is discussed in Table 1, footnote 1 of the March 23, 2021 H.6 report.[4]
fwiw.

interesting; this is the first I've heard of it and it happened a couple years ago.

At first glance the M1 seems to be an artifact of the graph making, like maybe the eggheads changed the definition of what's counted in the M1 to make it more inclusive. Maybe some new legislation got passed that required bankers to store money in a different instrument thereby making the M1 look bigger.

So I looked into it and at second glance I find that it seems to be a definition change w/ the M2 (M1 w/ more stuff) staying the same (from the Fed here):

fwiw.

There has been some funny business in those definitons.

The huge problem was injecting trillions in cash into an economy that was shut down. No production. Supply chain issues.

More money chasing less products = inflation.

Those who did this know it. This is an INTENTIONAL RECESSION.

If I knew it was coming 2 years ago, does anyone think the FEDERAL RESERVE did not know.

I am some jackass on a message board with a username that is a joke for oral sex on a female….and I called this hyperinflation over all the cult fucks on this board…..2 years ago. :auiqs.jpg:

You have to put Biden down every chance you get!!

Forum List

Back