Biden Gets it Right (I'm fucking amazed)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

As a card-carrying member of the Great Right Wing Conspiracy, I am amazed that Biden proposes to "do the right thing" on immigration, in a package of legislative proposals that is as close to "unifying" as it is possible to be under the circumstances.

In crude and basic terms, he maps out a plan for illegals to earn permanent ("Green Card") status, then citizenship, over a period of a decade or so.

Given that there is no chance in hell of another "Operation Wetback" wherein illegal Mexicans would be rounded up and bused back across the border, this plan by Biden FIRST OF ALL recognizes that LEGISLATION and not Presidential shenanigans is the proper way to proceed, and it draws a line that is least offensive to all.

The only thing missing is a tax on "remittances" back to their home country, to PAY FOR THE WALL!

It pains me greatly to say this, but "Well done, Uncle Joe."

As a card-carrying member of the Great Right Wing Conspiracy, I am amazed that Biden proposes to "do the right thing" on immigration, in a package of legislative proposals that is as close to "unifying" as it is possible to be under the circumstances.

In crude and basic terms, he maps out a plan for illegals to earn permanent ("Green Card") status, then citizenship, over a period of a decade or so.

Given that there is no chance in hell of another "Operation Wetback" wherein illegal Mexicans would be rounded up and bused back across the border, this plan by Biden FIRST OF ALL recognizes that LEGISLATION and not Presidential shenanigans is the proper way to proceed, and it draws a line that is least offensive to all.

The only thing missing is a tax on "remittances" back to their home country, to PAY FOR THE WALL!

Yeah, it worked so well when Reagan capitulated to Democrats and did it. Illegal immigration ended and our borders were secure!

30 years from now we will be doing the same thing.

I don't know of any country that takes remittance money from foreign workers.. However they pay taxes.. just like our foreign workers pay taxes.

30 years from now we will be doing the same thing.
Nah. No borders now. It’ll be like driving around Europe getting into America. Sign on the side of the road will be your only indication.

I predict that Biden and his minions will be very sensitive to increased border activity and will defend the borders with reasonable aggression, at least until the 2022 elections. If border crossings increase markedly the Lefties will be SLAIN when the next Congress is elected.

How do you handle undocumented aliens?

Round up 13 million people and deport them?
Document them.

Give them temporary work visas. Let them go back and forth to Mexico. Let them work, earn legal wages, pay taxes, obey the laws.

If they do that for eight years, make them citizens

Enticement is why they come here.
THESE POLICIES DO NOT WORK if you are trying to stop illegals.

Yeah, it worked so well when Reagan capitulated to Democrats and did it. Illegal immigration ended and our borders were secure!
No citizenship for illegals.

Of course not
Give them legal paperwork first
No rewards for illegal behavior.
No reward
Just documentation. You are so upset they don’t have documentation.....well, document them

Papers that say ......You are allowed to work, get paid legal wages, pay taxes
That is rewarding them with a green card. That just signals more people to enter the USA illegally and hope for the same.

Of course not
Give them legal paperwork first
No rewards for illegal behavior.
No reward
Just documentation. You are so upset they don’t have documentation.....well, document them

Papers that say ......You are allowed to work, get paid legal wages, pay taxes
That is rewarding them with a green card. That just signals more people to enter the USA illegally and hope for the same.

If they come, work hard, pay taxes ....it is good for America

How do you handle undocumented aliens?

Round up 13 million people and deport them?
Document them.

Give them temporary work visas. Let them go back and forth to Mexico. Let them work, earn legal wages, pay taxes, obey the laws.

If they do that for eight years, make them citizens
Just like in the UK, you prosecute and fine those who employ illegal immigrants and also landlords that rent to them. The fine is up to £20,000 per illegal worker and a possible prison term. And those caught in the news, tend to close shop because the fine bankrupted them.

Landlords can be fined up to £3,000 for renting a property to an illegal immigrant. Personally, I would fine them £20,000 per illegal and then seize the property if they don't pay.

Penalties for illegal renting

It is the responsibility of both the employer and landlord to check for appropriate documentation and retain a copy. If you do, you've covered your ass, if you don't, then expect one hell of a bill.

Making it harder for illegals to work and live in your country is the first step.

In addition, I would give rewards to those who whistle blow on employers and landlords by giving them a percentage of the fine when collected.

My preference would be to stop it at Green Cards, with the general principle that if you came here illegally (or overstayed a visa) you can NEVER become a voting citizen. But I don't think that approach would grab majority favor.

The remittances would be in effect (same percentage as FICA tax) until the bastard earns his Green Card. Wall would be paid for. Trump's promise fulfilled.

IT IS ALREADY ILLEGAL to hire and employ illegals. Not sure why that law is not enforced. As an HR person (for a couple years) I had to have every single new employee fill out an I-9 form, which would not work unless there was valid documentation.

I predict that Biden and his minions will be very sensitive to increased border activity and will defend the borders with reasonable aggression, at least until the 2022 elections. If border crossings increase markedly the Lefties will be SLAIN when the next Congress is elected.

Aren't you forgetting that if border crossings increase markedly, the Democrat State media will deny it, bury it and otherwise create an alternate reality to follow?

There are many nations offering passports and residency privileges for a price. Some surprisingly inexpensive. Want a link? Send me your credit card number, full name, mailing address, expiration date and that magic little 3-digit number and I'll be happy to send you one by PM.

Caution: I do not accept EBT and I do check credit ratings.

Help me prove that Barnum was right!

Are you nuts ? What Biden is mapping out is the DESTRUCTION OF THE USA, period.

There Goes the Country - Goodbye! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Biden to propose bill to offer legal status to millions of immigrants (msn.com)

Last edited:

Are you nuts ? What Biden is mapping out is the DESTRUCTION OF THE USA, period.

There Goes the Country - Goodbye! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Biden to propose bill to offer legal status to millions of immigrants (msn.com)
So here's the thing: One cannot let the perfect be the enemy of "good enough."

Simply saying that illegals must stay illegal serves no purpose. There are here; they are drawing government benefits; they are doing shit for money; they are NOT GOING AWAY. That's the fact, Jack.

So what is the best path forward for the Nation, without obliterating the Republican Party? I submit that The Donald has shown us the path forward.

Republicans MUST BE the party that works to promote the interests of people who work for a living in the private sector. We must show "the world" that the Democrat policies PRETEND to benefit working people, but in fact they only benefit government workers, the officers of unions, and the oblivious. The people who are legalized through Biden's initiatives will all BE WORKING IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, and few of them will be union members as time goes by. They are right in the "sweet spot" of the Trump Nation, and we have 8-10 years to show them WHO HAS THIER BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. If we can't do that, then fuck us, mightily. We would deserve it.

Forum List

Back