What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biden drops "free college" from his massive taxing and spending bill

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What posters are not recognizing is that community college is completely free for poor Americans (under $26,000j and largely free for the working class (around $40,000 or $50,000).

The average cost of a CC in my state is around $3700, and the maximum Pell Grant is around $5900. That means that if your family qualifies for even HALF the maximum, you are left with an annual bill of about $600. That can easily be covered during part-time work during the school year and full-time in summer.

Lesh

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey asshole, read this slower than usual. That $400,000 figure was BULLSHIT. The middle class would be hit hardest by Xiden’s “plan”. As well as the record inflation, sky high gas prices, the list goes on....
Predictions from RWNJs aren't of much value.

You guy's have been saying that same bullshit for decades

FACT...the taxes in this bill are small increases on very wealthy people...NOT middle class folks

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Predictions from RWNJs aren't of much value.

You guy's have been saying that same bullshit for decades

FACT...the taxes in this bill are small increases on very wealthy people...NOT middle class folks

Dementia is hitting the middle and lower class people in another way. A huge federal tax on all tobacco products.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What posters are not recognizing is that community college is completely free for poor Americans (under $26,000j and largely free for the working class (around $40,000 or $50,000).

The average cost of a CC in my state is around $3700, and the maximum Pell Grant is around $5900. That means that if your family qualifies for even HALF the maximum, you are left with an annual bill of about $600. That can easily be covered during part-time work during the school year and full-time in summer.

Like I said earlier, there is no law that the only time you can attend college is right out of high school. Live with mom and dad since you'd be living with them anyway. Get a job or two and save your money for three or four years.

It's my experience that these kids get out of high school and have no idea what they want to do in life. They choose majors like photography and advertising which is a waste of time and money. By kids working, they are exposed to various industries that their companies deal with. You mature and study things. In a couple of years, you have a much better idea which direction to go in life.

My niece is in her 30's. She has a biology degree. She was waiting tables in Florida until she hurt herself and now can't work. She's making some sort of stuffed animals at home and shipping them out.

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, there is no law that the only time you can attend college is right out of high school. Live with mom and dad since you'd be living with them anyway. Get a job or two and save your money for three or four years.

It's my experience that these kids get out of high school and have no idea what they want to do in life. They choose majors like photography and advertising which is a waste of time and money. By kids working, they are exposed to various industries that their companies deal with. You mature and study things. In a couple of years, you have a much better idea which direction to go in life.

My niece is in her 30's. She has a biology degree. She was waiting tables in Florida until she hurt herself and now can't work. She's making some sort of stuffed animals at home and shipping them out.
It actually wouldn’t be a bad idea to require a “gap year” for all high school graduates. They could get a basic job while living with Mom and Dad, and not only save money toward tuition but would gain an appreciation for the careers that college prepares them for. Arriving as a 19-year-old, with a year working at Walmart or in a restaurant, they‘d have an entirely different perspective.

monkrules

Gold Member
Reaction score
NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE !

Biden is a worthless cocksucker. He should be teaching welfare losers how to get, and keep, jobs so they can support their own worthless asses. Not creating even more government dependents.

Want to go to college? Great! Find a way to pay your own fucking tuition.

Want kids? Great! Get a job to make sure you can support them.

I don't want my tax dollars thrown away on supporting a bunch of welfare losers and the 'fatherless' welfare recipients they keep dropping. Get your fucking tubes tied if you can't support your own kids.

Last edited:

ClaireH

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It actually wouldn’t be a bad idea to require a “gap year” for all high school graduates. They could get a basic job while living with Mom and Dad, and not only save money toward tuition but would gain an appreciation for the careers that college prepares them for. Arriving as a 19-year-old, with a year working at Walmart or in a restaurant, they‘d have an entirely different perspective.
Good plan for many 18-19 year olds but as far as fed requiring it- not good. The current administration is power-hungry enough I’m afraid.

Viktor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Too bad, suckers! Biden needs to make more room for payoffs to lefty billionaires like Soros, Zuckerberg, Gates, and Bezos. So you can forget about your "free college". LOL

In what appears to be a major concession to moderate Democrats, President Joe Biden reportedly told House progressives Tuesday that tuition-free community college will not be included in the final version of a multitrillion-dollar spending bill to fund the president's economic and climate agenda.

CNN reported Tuesday that Biden discussed a $1.75 trillion to $1.9 trillion top line figure for his spending bill, which Senate Democrats hope to pass via budget reconciliation to dodge the 60-vote requirement imposed by the filibuster. Those numbers are more in line with the $1.5 trillion figure demanded by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who's vote is needed in the 50-50 Senate to pass any legislation.
My Father and I made a deal. He paid for my first year of college and I worked summers to pay for the rest. He got summer jobs for me with his clients.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List