Biden Desperately Flailing As He Sinks

EXETER, N.H. ― It seemed like an oddball question for former Vice President Joe Biden: Would he be open to having a Republican serve as his own vice president if he were the Democratic nominee? But during a routine campaign stop here on Monday, Biden’s answer was a bit surprising.

“The answer is, I would,” Biden said. “But I can’t think of one now.”

At the time, Biden’s response seemed to be taken more as a joke or rhetorical flourish, drawing laughs from the crowd gathered at Exeter’s historic town hall. But Biden immediately silenced the laughs.

“No, I’m serious,” he said. “No, here’s what I mean. Let me explain that. You know, there’s some really decent Republicans that are out there still. But here’s the problem right now, of the well-known ones, they’ve got to step up, you know what I mean?”

Biden again clarified that he wasn’t “being a wiseguy,” and that there are a lot of people who are qualified to be vice president.

BIDEN DOESN’T RULE OUT REPUBLICAN VP!

This might be a deal breaker for many Democrats. What do you think?
He's perfectly safe suggesting it. Any republican who even hints at taking him up on it would be torn to bloody gobbets by the tRumpkin mobs.

You mean like the Democrats would do to Biden if he actually picked a Republican VP? They would be leaving the party in droves.

Why do you think he's sinking? He's been at about the same level for several months now.

View attachment 297474

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination

People, PLEASE no polls. Polls are lies. I spent hours the summer of 2016 with the RealClearPolitics figures and graphs ------ like your graph there from RCP. All of them turned out to be totally lies and fraudulent. They had Hillary winning hugely ---- in fact, Trump won moderately strongly. I haven't been on RCP from that day to this and I suggest they publish nothing but fake news and shouldn't be used to make any point.
You won't find timely polls at RCP. That's not the sites purpose.

But I don't see evidence that Biden is sinking.

You won't find timely polls at RCP. That's not the sites purpose.

Incorrect, in that prediction was certainly their game in 2016 all year, and every bit of it wrong and fraudulent. And I know, because I spent several periods analyzing their newest predictive graphs, up to the minute ------ and all of it wrong. As for polls, no, they collated and (what's that new word?) CURATED whole screens of polls on everything politic. And they were all phony too, turned out. Except for the rolling poll of the L.A. Times, which was correct --- and constantly called a meaningless outlier.

I'm pretty hot about this betrayal --- RCP deals in malfeasance and malpractice and propaganda, IMO.

It's just a trick to get you talking about it and thinking of voting for him, dblack.

Last edited:
It's just a trick to get you talking about it and thinking of voting for him, dblack.

It won't work. I'd never vote for him. He'd probably pick a crappy Republican anyway. My point was just that I agree with the aim.

EXETER, N.H. ― It seemed like an oddball question for former Vice President Joe Biden: Would he be open to having a Republican serve as his own vice president if he were the Democratic nominee? But during a routine campaign stop here on Monday, Biden’s answer was a bit surprising.

“The answer is, I would,” Biden said. “But I can’t think of one now.”

At the time, Biden’s response seemed to be taken more as a joke or rhetorical flourish, drawing laughs from the crowd gathered at Exeter’s historic town hall. But Biden immediately silenced the laughs.

“No, I’m serious,” he said. “No, here’s what I mean. Let me explain that. You know, there’s some really decent Republicans that are out there still. But here’s the problem right now, of the well-known ones, they’ve got to step up, you know what I mean?”

Biden again clarified that he wasn’t “being a wiseguy,” and that there are a lot of people who are qualified to be vice president.

BIDEN DOESN’T RULE OUT REPUBLICAN VP!

This might be a deal breaker for many Democrats. What do you think?
He's perfectly safe suggesting it. Any republican who even hints at taking him up on it would be torn to bloody gobbets by the tRumpkin mobs.
And rightly so. Any Biden would chose would be an ass kissing, spineless, yes man or woman rino

Good point: he's getting desperate. This is exactly what John McCain did when he chose that Alaska bimbo as his running mate just because she had big boobs. A gross insult to every American woman, especially GOP women. When they are flailing about desperately, they just go for the drama.

How about Ted Cruz..once he knew he was toast he announced a female VP pick in desperation. They all do these things.

This VP thing is just one of those things that moderate-ish Democrat say from time to time to try and sound bipartisan. And that's what makes the far-left backlash against Biden’s remarks so unhinged.

Up through now, the red meat Biden has tossed to moderates throughout his campaign has helped him in national polling.

the left-wing voting base that's bothered by Biden's bipartisan pandering is already solidly anti-Biden. That opposition is a small fraction of Democratic primary voters and an even smaller fraction of general election voters, my friends!

People, PLEASE no polls. Polls are lies. I spent hours the summer of 2016 with the RealClearPolitics figures and graphs ------ like your graph there from RCP. All of them turned out to be totally lies and fraudulent. They had Hillary winning hugely ---- in fact, Trump won moderately strongly. I haven't been on RCP from that day to this and I suggest they publish nothing but fake news and shouldn't be used to make any point.

Hillary was within the margin of error. Go back and look.

The problem was that people extrapolated the national polls to the electoral college, which was a mistake.

People who think polls are "lies and frauds" don't understand math.

That was foolish. We use the electoral college. But maybe the polls were right and the media just lied about them.

Not sinking. He is commonly believed to be the ONLY Democrat who has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Trump, and his poll numbers have been remarkably resilient. For that reason ALONE, he is the odds-on favorite - at least for the Democrat nomination. Fortunately for US, he is an idiotic gaffe-machine.

Ironically, the Democrats are hoping to target the huge group of people who want to vote for "NOT TRUMP," just like Trump cashed in on the millions who wanted to vote for "NOT HILLARY" in 2016.

Priceless.
Except we don't have the Russians churning out propaganda for us.

No, just Ukraine, Iran, and Chinese propaganda for you.

I think he’d go for a young female:

c50.gif

Forum List

Back