Biden delivers the perfect Q1 '23 GDP.. not too high, not too low. Market is amazed.

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Biden continues to amaze the market and astound doubters. He is threading the needle and pulling off a soft landing from the disaster Trump handed over to him. At this rate Biden will likely be reelected 3 more times. Here are the highlights:
  • Personal savings increased to 4.8% from 4.0% in Q4
  • After 4 quarters of reduced spending on goods they rose in Q1
  • Services in line at 2.3% no real trend changes
  • Residential market has been a mess all last year but stabilized to -4.2%
  • Inventories are right sizing from overstocked 2022 numbers, non farm down -2.5%
  • S&P rockets up 1.5% on the news
Honestly looks really good to me. Being in the consumer products market I'd like to see some more growth but it's good enough.

Raw report numbers

Press release

NYTimes summary

1682617580182.png

Biden continues to amaze the market and astound doubters. He is threading the needle and pulling off a soft landing from the disaster Trump handed over to him. At this rate Biden will likely be reelected 3 more times. Here are the highlights:
  • Inventories are right sizing from overstocked 2022 numbers, non farm down -2.5%
Honestly looks really good to me. Being in the consumer products market I'd like to see some more growth but it's good enough.

Raw report numbers

Press release

NYTimes summary

View attachment 780231
My God, you are stupid. Even the bureaucrats were disappointed, as this is half what what they were expecting. Yes, the economy will recoil to a degree with interest rates being pushed upward. But any GDP number under 2 if pathetic.

My God, you are stupid. Even the bureaucrats were disappointed, as this is half what what they were expecting. Yes, the economy will recoil to a degree with interest rates being pushed upward. But any GDP number under 2 if pathetic.
This slow growth was exactly what the fed wanted. I am on this board entirely opposed to the short sighted rate increases the dumb fed has been feeding us. There is no demand spike all the pricing was supply driven except for all the profit companies have captured. Having said that there stupidity hasnt sent us off the rails yet. You morons will go from growth is too high to growth is too low like a light switch. The metrics look healthy to me.

Raw report numbers

Press release

NYTimes summary

View attachment 780231
Please try to snap out of your delirium. The CIA speaks through Biden.

Stagnant growth & high inflation...

Let's all cheer on the STAGFLATION Dear Leader has blessed us with!
It's like Jimmy Carter all over again but with dirty diapers, more corruption & a real crash around the corner.

The cost of goods & services keeps rising.
The only growth is due to the high inflation rate (& still lagging far behind) but that might be too difficult for the hive mind to comprehend

Stagnant growth & high inflation...

Let's all cheer on the STAGFLATION Dear Leader has blessed us with!
It's like Jimmy Carter all over again but with dirty diapers, more corruption & a real crash around the corner.

The cost of goods & services keeps rising.
The only growth is due to the high inflation rate (& still lagging far behind) but that might be too difficult for the hive mind to comprehend

Stagflation?? Annualized GDP under Biden is a healthy 3.0% if that's stagflation, what do you call the 1.5% under Trump?

Last edited:
I'm not saying this isn't good news; I'm saying that every time you post something like this you act like it is ushering in a new Golden Economic Age and Biden did it all himself.
:auiqs.jpg:
Every time his posts Pollyanna shit like this it's cherry picked to fuck.

• Growth is at an appallingly anemic 1%.
  • Inflation is still well in excess of 5%.
  • Yet another big bank is going to get bailed out.
  • Real wages have declined for 24 straight months.
  • Gas is still well over $3.50 in most places

On and on and on...

These moonbats obviously have access to better drugs than any one of us can lay our hands on.

Forum List

Back