Biden considers raising capital gains tax to nearly 44%

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.

The "unfair" part is they make money not doing any kind of manual labor and pay less in taxes.

Yet you favor raising taxes on everyone. Why?

We are 30 trillion in debt.

That's my point. You think raising taxes will correct that situation, and of course it won't, but the government relies on less intelligent folks like you to believe it will. In the meantime, they'll keep spending, and telling you you're a racist if you oppose it. Sucker.

I didn't say it would correct the situation. I said it will make people pay their debt.

If the government is going to buy a business an off ramp, why shouldn't they buy others things for others?
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. wow. dude, you still don't understand. I feel sorry for you.

You still don't get that adding employees is adding tax revenue. why don't you understand that? It's actually two fold.

They made money on the taxes from the resources that built the off ramp. fk man get a brain.

They will do that even without forcing the taxpayers fund them.
no they won't why else put a ramp there?

Putting the ramp there is fine as long as the business is paying it's share of taxes to cover it.

If the government is going to buy a business an off ramp, why shouldn't they buy others things for others?
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. wow. dude, you still don't understand. I feel sorry for you.

You still don't get that adding employees is adding tax revenue. why don't you understand that? It's actually two fold.

They made money on the taxes from the resources that built the off ramp. fk man get a brain.

Putting the ramp there is fine as long as the business is paying it's share of taxes to cover it.
Freezing the budget for 4 years would help the debt.

Sure, it probably would. I'm not against that. It's not going to happen but I'm not against it.

Nope

I suppose one's outlook on this issue depends on whether one accepts as true studies showing the .1% pay a lower overall tax rate than the rest of us.
I supposed someone should actually know about the value of a dollar.
oh, another non sequitur How Speicial
At least you admit it
no, I admit your post didn't have shit releavance to the OP
It’s about money, and that’s a dollar, so you’re literally wrong

President Joe Biden’s administration is weighing nearly doubling the capital gains tax on wealthy Americans to 43.4%, Bloomberg News reported Thursday.

The plan would raise the gains tax to 39.6% for Americans making more than $1 million a year, and that would add upon an existing 3.8% tax on that bracket that supports Obamacare, according to Bloomberg.

Biden has proposals to hike taxes on wealthy Americans in a number of his bills, including the American Jobs Plan, expected to be officially announced next week.

Guys - you just can't do that and expect to grow the economy. I don't know if the democrats could pass that through the reconciliation process, cuz there's Joe Manchin and other democrats that probably wouldn't support that, Thank God. But it tells you where the democratic party is coming from, and if they ever get to the point where senators like Joe Manchin aren't there to stop them, the Far Left will ruin this country IMHO. You just can't tax and spend your way to prosperity, it has never been done. Not to this extent anyway.

Yes, you CAN, and you SHOULD. Look at Norway, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Germany, Switzerland - all of the successful western democracies have a tax systems that keeps more than 50% of all income in the nation in the hands of working and middle class voters.

As a result of the three large tax cuts given by successive Republican presidents, in the USA, 80% of all of the wealth generated by the GDP, ends up in the hands of the top 10% of wealthiest individuals and corporations. Your current tax code has economically impoverished the working class, with stagnant wages these past 40 years, and is now driving the middle class back into poverty.

Unless 40 years of "trickle up" economics is ended and reversed, the US economy will continue it's downward spiral into second world nation status. 8 million people fell into poverty last year, while the wealthiest Americans gained trillions in wealth.

An economically healthy and vibrant middle class, like the one built by Roosevelt's "New Deal" is a prerequisite to a thriving economy. It's time for progressive economic policy to restore and rebuild the American middle class and that starts with taxing the wealthy.
Gotta link to your data?

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

But the money invested has already been taxed. This is a disincentive to invest in US.

The most ignorant reply to this issue ever.

Your capital gains have never been taxed.
So income people save to invest hasn‘t been taxed?

Ramble on. You know what I said.
Yes, I know....and it is bullshit, as usual.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

Why are you avoiding the question? And no, you have not already addressed it.

Has the money people save to invest already been taxed? That’s a yes or no question.

You will dodge it again.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.

The "unfair" part is they make money not doing any kind of manual labor and pay less in taxes.

Yet you favor raising taxes on everyone. Why?

We are 30 trillion in debt.
why? because of investments or politicians?

Both. We have plowed a ton of money into the markets. People voted for that.
I vote for spending cuts, and I never win. Been voting in that manner every election cycle. No politician is interested in spending cuts. they owe to many people favors. I was disappointed with Trump's sign spending increase in the budget. It was time to let the government fail. I truly thought he'd hold. disappointed me. But he was the only one willing to discuss. shit Xiden stated he would raise taxes rather than cut spending and tax payers voted for that, well, not the fraudulent votes, those people don't exist. Those voting for a tax hike make me ask the question, just give more at tax time! why don't you all? ignorance in the populace is in mass action today.

So since we refuse to address the cost side, I support making people pay for the debt side.
You voted for a clown who ran on sending $110 TRILLION on the environment with no plan to pay for it.

You have ZERO credibility.

But the money invested has already been taxed. This is a disincentive to invest in US.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

Has the money people save to invest already been taxed? That’s a yes or no question.

You will dodge it again.
As I said

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.
As I said
Yep. Every time he gets owned his standard response is “I already addressed that”.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.
As I said
Yep. Every time he gets owned his standard response is “I already addressed that”.
He only plays by his rules

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.

It's simply diverting from what I stated. The money made off those investments have not been taxed and the original amount is not taxed again.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.
The money you buy stocks with, has indeed been taxed already, (if it is not in a 401k).

The Capital GAINS Tax, is a tax that ONLY TAXES the GAINS you made, off of your initial investment, and does not tax your initial investment again.

So, if you bought a stock for $100 a share, and sold it at $150 a share, the Capital GAINS Tax, would only apply to the $50 you GAINED off of your initial $100 dollar investment.

You are NOT taxed on the whole $150 a Share of the stock share just sold, but only on the profit you made on your initial investment, taxed on the $50 gain only.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.
The money you buy stocks with, has indeed been taxed already, (if it is not in a 401k).

The Capital GAINS Tax, is a tax that ONLY TAXES the GAINS you made, off of your initial investment, and does not tax your initial investment again.

So, if you bought a stock for $100 a share, and sold it at $150 a share, the Capital GAINS Tax, would only apply to the $50 you GAINED off of your initial $100 dollar investment.

You are NOT taxed on the whole $150 a Share of the stock share just sold, but only on the profit you made on your initial investment, taxed on the $50 gain only.

Everyone knows this but they have to try and divert from the facts.

It's simply factual.
Not even close.

You will dodge it again.

Everyone knows this but they have to try and divert from the facts.
It looks like to me that he, and a few others, really did not know this.... which is possible if they are not stock buyers and traders/sellers is what I thought, thus my explanation.... :dunno:

Shoot, I think I was in my 40s before I had an understanding of it all.... and only because I owned stock in the company I worked for, and the company was bought....and I was faced with paying the capital gains on the profit I had made....

When you consider that Biden has done nothing but mooch off taxpayers for 47 years now you get why he and Dem losers who can't hold down a real job want to steal money from those who earn it.
why doesn't Biden pay more tax on his capital? He can volunteer his money! I'm good with that, let's see him move that needle first.

lead by example.

Biden is a lying punk corrupt America hating asshole that's why.

New Topics

Forum List

Back