Biden believes Hurricanes are Tornadoes and Congress knows it, but they don't call them tornadoes anymore

Or something like that.

Good thing we replaced "incompetent" Trump for this guy, nothing like making accusations a reality, know what I mean?

Still, there are those who deny that he has acute cognition problems.

Or something like that.

Good thing we replaced "incompetent" Trump for this guy, nothing like making accusations a reality, know what I mean?

Still, there are those who deny that he has acute cognition problems.

Cyclone | Definition of Cyclone by Merriam-Webster
Cyclone definition is - a storm or system of winds that rotates about a center of low atmospheric pressure, advances at a speed of 20 to 30 miles (about 30 to 50 kilometers) an hour, and often brings heavy rain.

NHC Active Tropical Cyclones
2205 UTC Wed Sep 1 2021. There are no tropical cyclones in the Eastern North Pacific at this time. Central North Pacific (140°W to 180°) Tropical Weather Outlook. 200 PM HST Wed Sep 1 2021. There are no tropical cyclo

Or something like that.

Oh the republicans hit on any gaffe the Pres makes, why didn't they do it under tramp, he(tramp) made enough gaffes.

So you don't know either.

It's not called a tornado anymore? LOL

1631106827592.jpeg

They obviously don't know the definition of cyclone.

Are you making the claim that funnel clouds in the sky are no longer referred to as tornadoes? You may want to tell that to the national weather service that issues "Tornado Warnings" quite frequently. I don't think I have ever heard of a "Cyclone Warning". Maybe you are trying to say that we don't use the word Hurricane anymore?

And then of course there is this.

Cyclone vs Tornado - Difference Between a Cyclone and a Tornado?

Last edited:
Are you making the claim that funnel clouds in the sky are no longer referred to as tornadoes? You may want to tell that to the national weather service that issues "Tornado Warnings" quite frequently. I don't think I have ever heard of a "Cyclone Warning". Maybe you are trying to say that we don't use the word Hurricane anymore?

And then of course there is this.

Cyclone vs Tornado - Difference Between a Cyclone and a Tornado?

Some people just have a larger vocabulary.

Cyclone definition is - a storm or system of winds that rotates about a center of low atmospheric pressure, advances at a speed of 20 to 30 miles (about 30 to 50 kilometers) an hour, and often brings heavy rain.

Some people just have a larger vocabulary.

No, it is a technically incorrect use of the term.

No, it is a technically incorrect use of the term.

Cyclone vs Tornado - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
DefinitionGeographical LocationCharacteristics and TypesRotationIntensity and DamageFrequencyDetectionReferences
There are 10-14 cyclones that occur per year. The United States records about 1200 tornadoes per year, whereas the Netherlands records the highest number of tornadoes per area compared to other countries. Other countries that have frequent occurrence of tornadoes include South Africa, Paraguay, parts of Argentina, and parts of Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Tornadoes occur commonly in spring and the fall season and are less common in winters.

Cyclone vs Tornado - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
DefinitionGeographical LocationCharacteristics and TypesRotationIntensity and DamageFrequencyDetectionReferences
There are 10-14 cyclones that occur per year. The United States records about 1200 tornadoes per year, whereas the Netherlands records the highest number of tornadoes per area compared to other countries. Other countries that have frequent occurrence of tornadoes include South Africa, Paraguay, parts of Argentina, and parts of Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Tornadoes occur commonly in spring and the fall season and are less common in winters.

LOL...so uninformed.

Biden was attempting to say that tornadoes are now referred to as something else. What would that be? Certainly NOT cyclones. Nothing has changed in meteorological terminology, Biden is just very confused as usual. No meteorologists would refer to a tornado or a hurricane as simply a cyclone because it is far too non-specific. Neither would they refer to a hurricane as a typhoon or a tropical cyclone because it ignores the well-accepted premise that we refer to cyclones(a generic term) that form in the North Atlantic, central North Pacific, and eastern North Pacific as hurricanes. The bottom line is he didn't mention what tornadoes are not referred to. You assume he meant cyclone,. which is incorrect in the sense that nobody uses that generic term. As demented as the man is, maybe he thinks tornadoes are all referred to as DQ Swirls.

Or something like that.

So, he's like a large percentage of the American population. BTW, Hurricanes almost always have tornados imbedded in them.

So, he's like a large percentage of the American population. BTW, Hurricanes almost always have tornados imbedded in them.

Biden said tornadoes are no longer referred to as tornadoes. What are they referred to as?

Forum List

Back