Biden Admin Reduces Savings Estimate for Americans Switching Away From Gas Stoves: Industry Group

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Wow!

Originally 13¢ a month. Oh, now just 9¢ a month. But the illusions thy want to save people money is just that, an illusion. It is all about control.

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is receiving criticism for its updated data analysis regarding the agency’s proposed regulations on gas stoves, which now projects even lower savings for consumers than the already meager numbers.
The new data shows that “savings are even less than DOE originally projected and are almost negligible,” the industry group Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) said about the changes in an Aug. 3 press release. “DOE’s original proposal was to save consumers 13 cents per month in utility costs over the life of gas cooking products. The revised data reduces consumer savings to just 9 cents per month,” it pointed out.
“The changes in energy savings projected by DOE primarily result from DOE recognizing that the currently available cooking products are more efficient than its earlier analysis assumed.”
At 9 cents a month, the projected savings will come to just $1.08 per year. Over a decade, that amounts to $10.80 in savings.
The department proposed new energy efficiency standards for gas stoves back in February. In a March 14 opinion piece at Washington Examiner, Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) warned that stringent energy performance standards would mean that 96 percent of conventional gas stoves could potentially be eliminated from the market.
“In fact, it is essentially an outright ban on gas stoves,” she said.
“Households that use natural gas for heating, cooking, and clothes drying save an average of $1,068 per year compared to homes using electricity for those applications. In fact, the low cost of natural gas has saved families a total of $147 billion over 10 years.”

...​

They are lying.
Electric stoves cost almost twice as much to use.
They are much slower and take twice as long to cook anything.

I can speak from experience.

When I moved from a house with no natural to having natural gas my energy bills went down a very noticeable amount. I don't remember the specifics as it was 10 years ago.

But my house now has a gas furnace in it. Everything else is electric but I saw a good sized difference. My gas furnace also runs about 1/6th of what my electric furnace did. I get hot air within 30 seconds after the pre purge stage and my house gets warmer faster and it shuts off a lot faster. In the winter my energy bills are very reasonable.

My grandmas bills are lower because she also has a gas stove and the instant you turn it on you get maximum heat. There is no warming up or anything and it heats better.

Wow!

Originally 13¢ a month. Oh, now just 9¢ a month. But the illusions thy want to save people money is just that, an illusion. It is all about control.

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is receiving criticism for its updated data analysis regarding the agency’s proposed regulations on gas stoves, which now projects even lower savings for consumers than the already meager numbers.
The new data shows that “savings are even less than DOE originally projected and are almost negligible,” the industry group Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) said about the changes in an Aug. 3 press release. “DOE’s original proposal was to save consumers 13 cents per month in utility costs over the life of gas cooking products. The revised data reduces consumer savings to just 9 cents per month,” it pointed out.
“The changes in energy savings projected by DOE primarily result from DOE recognizing that the currently available cooking products are more efficient than its earlier analysis assumed.”
At 9 cents a month, the projected savings will come to just $1.08 per year. Over a decade, that amounts to $10.80 in savings.
The department proposed new energy efficiency standards for gas stoves back in February. In a March 14 opinion piece at Washington Examiner, Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.) warned that stringent energy performance standards would mean that 96 percent of conventional gas stoves could potentially be eliminated from the market.
“In fact, it is essentially an outright ban on gas stoves,” she said.

“Households that use natural gas for heating, cooking, and clothes drying save an average of $1,068 per year compared to homes using electricity for those applications. In fact, the low cost of natural gas has saved families a total of $147 billion over 10 years.”

Nine cents saved is nine cents earned. Meanwhile, it costs more to charge EV's than it does to fill up a tank of gas. No nine cents there.

Forum List

Back