Biden Admin contesting bankruptcy

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
The Education Department is routinely contesting requests for bankruptcy discharges from people deep in debt and short on resources, according to court documents.

One single mother of three was told her 15-year-old son could get a job and she could fight harder for child support to free up money to pay her loans. A grandmother working two jobs to care for her disabled grandson was encouraged to find higher-paying work, while the department pressed another borrower to take on a second job at a time when millions of Americans were facing unemployment.

Education Dept. shows limits of pandemic relief by fighting borrowers in bankruptcy

Yes ... we are expected to pay back money we borrow ... so we should always have a clear idea of how we'll pay back the money before we borrow it ...

The first question I have is why did the single mother think she was qualified to take college-level classes? ... so often I've seen people go into student debt who don't have enough self-discipline to even finish remedial courses ... let alone getting whatever certificate for that higher-paying job ... the schools themselves bear a big portion of blame, helping to write loans for students they knew would fail ...

I agree that financial where-with-all should never be a barrier to someone who belongs in college ... not many people should go to college, certainly far fewer than actually attend ...

Forum List

Back