Biden admin cancels oil lease sales despite claims they are doing everything to lower oil prices (Yahoo news via ASSOCIATED PRESS (AP))

If it was so simple why not just copy the link...DUMMY! you expect me to believe your statement with NOTHING to back it UP?
The link was already posted.
What I copied was from the OP Link.

I wanted you to read the part I copied.
Proves you didn't read the OP.

The link was already posted.
What I copied was from the OP Link.

I wanted you to read the part I copied.
Proves you didn't read the OP.
Even more reason than to copy the actual link! I saw you stupid comments and responded with LINKS! You zero.
So simple. First of all if a link is from CNN I'm very suspicious of veracity. So when you copy just the copy... that
is YOUR input. copy a link then maybe I'll follow the truth!

Below is from the OP's own link.

New leasing will not lower current gas prices,'' countered Dustin Renaud, a spokesman for the environmental coalition Healthy Gulf. It takes several years for new leases to begin producing oil, he noted, adding that the industry "is already sitting on over 8 million acres of unused offshore leases.''

She defended Biden administration actions to scale down federal leasing, saying that industry has about 9,000 permits that have been approved but are not being used.

"The industry is free to use these permits in a way they see fit. They just haven’t acted on those,” Haaland told a House committee last week.

Oil companies say they have increased production as the economy recovers from the coronavirus pandemic, but they have been reluctant to ramp up production further, citing a shortage of workers and restraints from investors wary that today’s high prices won’t last. Decisions by the OPEC+ ( What trump signed to DECREASE oil production) oil cartel, led by Saudi Arabia and Russia, to only modestly increase supplies to the world market have also kept prices high.
You write: "New leasing will not lower current gas prices,'' countered Dustin Renaud, a spokesman for the environmental coalition Healthy Gulf. It takes several years for new leases to begin producing oil, he noted, adding that the industry "is already sitting on over 8 million acres of unused offshore leases.''

Offshore drilling is obviously most expensive...
FACT: This rough method suggests that the cost of exploration drilling in developing countries is about $125 per foot onshore and about $300 per foot
So yes why add 58% MORE cost to drilling offshore when dry land leases exist.

The source is AP, so don’t do the lame attacking the source bs.

The Biden admin IS NOT doing everything they can to lower oil prices…THEY ARE LYING.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration is canceling three oil and gas lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the coast of Alaska, removing millions of acres from possible drilling as U.S. gas prices reach record highs.

The Interior Department announced the decision Wednesday night, citing a lack of industry interest in drilling off the Alaska coast and “conflicting court rulings” that have complicated drilling efforts in the Gulf of Mexico, where the bulk of U.S. offshore drilling takes place,
Biden just flat out lies. You can't believe a word he says. He tells little girls to look him in the eyes, and then flat out lies. There has never been such a sleazy politician in the history of America, and all these prog morons defend him.

Biden just flat out lies. You can't believe a word he says. He tells little girls to look him in the eyes, and then flat out lies. There has never been such a sleazy politician in the history of America, and all these prog morons defend him.
LOL.

Liar in Chief.......djt.
Con man.

Well, you might have an argument. I guess shutting down Keystone was an effort to destroy the Canadian economy. Because have no doubt, TransCanada sure as hell didn't want it to help ours.

But the second part, what cancellation of exploratory and drilling leases? Canceling a sale, when the industry hasn't expressed much interest, is not canceling a lease. Not even close.

Gas prices may have been a little cheaper if Trump was president. But not because of supply issues, regulations, or the sale of leases on government land. They would be cheaper only because the oil companies would be using prices to manipulate the results of an election, keeping it low to support Republicans, as opposed to keeping it high to oppose Democrats.

And I got to be honest, even if I was supporting Republicans it would really piss me off that an entire sector of the economy was purposely fawking with my wallet in order to manipulate the results of the election. And now that I am pissed off, well it is time to rant.

Look, about the stupidest thing a country can do is export their oil. I mean it is a limited resource. Why the fawk would you be giving it to other countries. You want to be the first to run out or the last? But there is one thing even more stupid. Exporting refined petroleum products. Air pollution, water pollution, soil contamination, all are an inherent part of the refining process. Increased asthma rates, effects on the reproduction cycle, cancer clusters, contaminated water, contaminated fish in those waters, contaminated soil that leeches into the food chain. WTF, I mean it might be a price we are willing to pay to get gasoline for our cars, diesel to move our products, or heating oil to keep us warm. But it sure is not a price we should be paying so the people in Brazil can get cheap diesel. The drug gangs in Mexico can get cheap fertilizer. Or even the pansies in France can preserve their own environment as we take a big old shit in our own backyard.

America first, ain't that the motto. Like I said, time to force our government to start walking the walk and not talking the talk. I be damned if we should be paying the environmental price for refining petroleum products so that other countries can avoid those costs. I mean good God almighty, the countries of the world have been extorting our natural resources for far too long, half a damn millennium. Time it stops.

Wow. Did you do a lot of acid in your teens?

Well, you might have an argument. I guess shutting down Keystone was an effort to destroy the Canadian economy. Because have no doubt, TransCanada sure as hell didn't want it to help ours.

But the second part, what cancellation of exploratory and drilling leases? Canceling a sale, when the industry hasn't expressed much interest, is not canceling a lease. Not even close.

Gas prices may have been a little cheaper if Trump was president. But not because of supply issues, regulations, or the sale of leases on government land. They would be cheaper only because the oil companies would be using prices to manipulate the results of an election, keeping it low to support Republicans, as opposed to keeping it high to oppose Democrats.

And I got to be honest, even if I was supporting Republicans it would really piss me off that an entire sector of the economy was purposely fawking with my wallet in order to manipulate the results of the election. And now that I am pissed off, well it is time to rant.

Look, about the stupidest thing a country can do is export their oil. I mean it is a limited resource. Why the fawk would you be giving it to other countries. You want to be the first to run out or the last? But there is one thing even more stupid. Exporting refined petroleum products. Air pollution, water pollution, soil contamination, all are an inherent part of the refining process. Increased asthma rates, effects on the reproduction cycle, cancer clusters, contaminated water, contaminated fish in those waters, contaminated soil that leeches into the food chain. WTF, I mean it might be a price we are willing to pay to get gasoline for our cars, diesel to move our products, or heating oil to keep us warm. But it sure is not a price we should be paying so the people in Brazil can get cheap diesel. The drug gangs in Mexico can get cheap fertilizer. Or even the pansies in France can preserve their own environment as we take a big old shit in our own backyard.

America first, ain't that the motto. Like I said, time to force our government to start walking the walk and not talking the talk. I be damned if we should be paying the environmental price for refining petroleum products so that other countries can avoid those costs. I mean good God almighty, the countries of the world have been extorting our natural resources for far too long, half a damn millennium. Time it stops.
The oil companies disagree

I’ll be there with you

That’s ^^^^^ a lie.

There are 1,000’s more
Shall I keep going

“We’re gonna March down, and I’ll be there with you, to the Capitol”

that's it? hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahaahahahaha ohhhhkay, yep he didn't show up. that's simply outrageous, right?

When defending the liar in chief (pos trump), one must deflect and blame others.
nice job then. So you think Putin is so powerful he's controlling our country as well. mmmmmmmmmmmmk. You look silly

The oil companies disagree
Well no damn shit they disagree. They want more leases on the cheap. They want to continue to sell their gas and their diesel to the highest bidder, who cares if it is Brazil, drug gangs in Mexico, or to fuel Putin's tanks. They want a direct pipeline to Canada's sludge in order to process it here, in a duty free zone, and externalize the environmental cost to the surrounding communities while shipping the diesel off to some foreign country. No damn shit they disagree, the sad part--they just might get away with it thanks to uninformed knuckleheads like you.

Well no damn shit they disagree. They want more leases on the cheap. They want to continue to sell their gas and their diesel to the highest bidder, who cares if it is Brazil, drug gangs in Mexico, or to fuel Putin's tanks. They want a direct pipeline to Canada's sludge in order to process it here, in a duty free zone, and externalize the environmental cost to the surrounding communities while shipping the diesel off to some foreign country. No damn shit they disagree, the sad part--they just might get away with it thanks to uninformed knuckleheads like you.
Cause you know? How?

Forum List

Back