Bicycling Magazine: "Cycling and the Power of White Privilege"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Because the article author can’t find a more saucy avenue for his thoughts, he had to opt for a cycling magazine

The benefit to being a sufficiently woke author is that you can write for any publication. You can write damn near the same article for Bicycling as you can for Modern Drummer, Kitesurfing Magazine, or Bass Angler.

These publications are going to find out that the majority of their readers are getting sick of their woke stories, and are going to be buying less of their magazines. I love the writing at TIME, in-depth, well researched stories, but it is their choice of stories I am getting very tired of seeing. Their 'woke' coverage is the majority of their reporting, and I have informed them I will not be renewing my subscription.

However, the linked article brings up a specific incident, and a specific cyclist, however minor/trivial it appears to be. In actuality, it seems to further imply that free speech, however disagreeable it might be, is not allowed for a public figure without facing consequences, which the author implies is a direct result of white privilege.

Last edited:
missing_quotation-png.491596

This is Cancel Culture

In late September, many in the sport turned a blind eye when it came to light that world-champion Chloe Dygert ‘liked’ several racist and transphobic tweets. One tweet said “white privilege doesn’t exist,” while another suggested that if football player Colin Kaepernick “realized that if he grew an afro and played the part of victim, he could scam the Black community out of millions.
The author picks on a woman champion, because of her observations and displeasure with Black-exploitation.

P. Khalil Saucier is Professor and Director of Africana Studies at Bucknell University. He is the author of the forthcoming book titled Black Frames: (Anti)Blackness and the Sport of Cycling.

This is the kind of cultural crap that keeps people from voting Democrat.

I wonder why both ends of our political spectrum are so hell-bent on pushing people away.
you obviously dont understand our political spectrum,, both dems and repubes are the left wing authoritarians,,

Because the article author can’t find a more saucy avenue for his thoughts, he had to opt for a cycling magazine

The benefit to being a sufficiently woke author is that you can write for any publication. You can write damn near the same article for Bicycling as you can for Modern Drummer, Kitesurfing Magazine, or Bass Angler.

I would imagine a camping magazine would be more woke lol.

Yeah and Whites also use bikes for committing crimes. We can keep this up all day long.
All races have committed crimes with a bike, it's just that the blacks do it much more often

Forum List

Back