CDZ Bibi's speech to Congress on Iran becoming a nuclear power

Always pretty hypocritical when a nuclear power opposes a country from becomming a nuclear power. Like everyone's supposed to trust the nuclear power not using them, but doesn't get that same trust in return.

Your trust in Iran is fascinating. :eusa_shifty:

As is your mistrust. Who's Iran invaded or gone to war with in the last 25 or so years? No one. How many wars has the US been involved with? Lots. So who's more trustworthy?

Iran wouldn't use nuclear weapons. They have too much to lose from a retaliatory strike. I'm not worried about that. Whether Iran would report "loosing a nuke" is another thing. That I'd worry about. Although I have the same concern with DPRK and Pakistan but thankfully neither's lost a nuke yet.

That is because of heavy sanctions against them for more than 25 years.
If they did not have that, they would be continuing to hold Americans hostages as well as others and who knows what else.

But US sanctions responsible for hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths make us the good trustworthy guys? Mmkay. US has killed millions in the middle east. We're hardly in a morally superior position to denounce a country for what it might do. We've already killed far more than a nuke would.

Always pretty hypocritical when a nuclear power opposes a country from becomming a nuclear power. Like everyone's supposed to trust the nuclear power not using them, but doesn't get that same trust in return.

They want to nuke Israel off the map and have been our enemy for over 36 years.
They would love to give small nukes to the Muslim terrorists in order to nuke the U.S.A also.
You want us to trust them?
You are insane to think that we can trust them.

Our "leaders" have made equally "play to the base" remarks as when McCain made the "bomb bomba Iran" remarks. The "wipe Israel off the map" remarks were their version of what our own guys have done.

Giving nukes to terror groups for use is a legitimate concern. Though since that concern exists for confirmed nuclear powers like DPRK and Pakistan and we didn't attack them you have to ask why the double-standard with Iran.

We have never wiped a country off the map.

Neither's anyone else.

the problem is that Iran is a religious state run by hardcore islamists Delta . Islamic law and a hoped for war between iran , the Islamic world and the west are their religion . Best not to let them build nukes .

As is your mistrust. Who's Iran invaded or gone to war with in the last 25 or so years? No one. How many wars has the US been involved with? Lots. So who's more trustworthy?

Iran wouldn't use nuclear weapons. They have too much to lose from a retaliatory strike. I'm not worried about that. Whether Iran would report "loosing a nuke" is another thing. That I'd worry about. Although I have the same concern with DPRK and Pakistan but thankfully neither's lost a nuke yet.

If they did not have that, they would be continuing to hold Americans hostages as well as others and who knows what else.

But US sanctions responsible for hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths make us the good trustworthy guys? Mmkay. US has killed millions in the middle east. We're hardly in a morally superior position to denounce a country for what it might do. We've already killed far more than a nuke would.

Iraq has more freedom of women's rights and young girls going to school.
We are not the evil ones.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing." Dwight D. Eisenhower

If Israel wants to engage in preventive war it is their option, they will once again make themselves the bad guy and enemy of other middle east nations and Muslim people. You bomb me I bomb you....real smart diplomacy.

Keep telling yourself that.

"The humanitarian disaster resulting from sanctions against Iraq has been frequently cited as a factor that motivated the September 11 terrorist attacks. Osama bin Laden himself mentioned the Iraq sanctions in a recent tirade against the United States. Critics of US policy in Iraq claim that sanctions have killed more than a million people, many of them children. Saddam Hussein puts the death toll at one and a half million. The actual numbers are lower than that, although still horrifying."
A Hard Look at Iraq Sanctions The Nation

"When asked on US television if she [Madeline Albright, US Secretary of State] thought that the death of half a million Iraqi children [from sanctions in Iraq] was a price worth paying, Albright replied: “This is a very hard choice, but we think the price is worth it.”"
Effects of Iraq Sanctions Global Issues

"The ongoing conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan have taken a tremendous toll on the people of those countries. At the very least, 174,000 civilians have been determined to have died violent deaths as a result of the war as of April 2014. The actual number of deaths, direct and indirect, as a result of the wars are many times higher than this figure."
Civilians Killed and Wounded Costs of War

"Since the U.N. began tracking civilian casualties in 2009, a total of 17,252 civilian deaths and 29,536 injuries have been recorded."
Civilian deaths in Afghanistan war reach new high in 2014 U.N. Reuters

"Documented civilian deaths from violence since 2003 US-led invasion
135,771 – 153,393 "
Iraq Body Count

But we're the good guys, and they're the bad guys.

The islamist love atheist Jews like yourself. You'd be executed, not only for being a Jew, also for your sexual habits,.but you hate America more than you dislike the islamist. Thats sad really, very sad :(

The islamist love atheist Jews like yourself. You'd be executed, not only for being a Jew, also for your sexual habits,.but you hate America more than you dislike the islamist. Thats sad really, very sad :(

I hate hypocrisy, ignorance, and blind patriotism. I don't hate America. Just some of its' people.

I hate hypocrisy, ignorance, and blind patriotism. I don't hate America. Just some of its' people.
although you defend people who'd like you dead. Smart move:eusa_doh:

Thousands, perhaps, but most assuredly not millions.. We don't target civilians and schools and don't use our kids as human shields or walking bombs. These are not people that can be negotiated with. It seems to me that they need to be bombed into the 21st century as we did with Japan.

although you defend people who'd like you dead. Smart move:eusa_doh:

And my fellow Americans love me just fine right? :)

Thousands, perhaps, but most assuredly not millions.. We don't target civilians and schools and don't use our kids as human shields or walking bombs. These are not people that can be negotiated with. It seems to me that they need to be bombed into the 21st century as we did with Japan.

This person is unable to distinguish between good and evil. it's all relative to his type

The Amiriyah shelter bombing[N 1] was an aerial attack that killed 408 civilians on 13 February 1991 during the Persian Gulf War, when an air-raid shelter ("Public Shelter No. 25"), also referred to as the Al Firdos C3 bunker by the U.S. military, in the Amiriyah neighborhood of Baghdad, Iraq, was destroyed by the U.S. Air Force with two laser-guided "smart bombs".
Amiriyah shelter bombing - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

US bombing targets since 1991:

# Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War)
# Kuwait 1991
# Somalia 1993
# Bosnia 1994, 1995
# Sudan 1998
# Afghanistan 1998
# Yugoslavia 1999
# Yemen 2002
# Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis)
# Iraq 2003-present
# Afghanistan 2001-present
# Pakistan 2007-present
# Somalia 2007-8, 2011
# Yemen 2009, 2011
# Libya 2011
United States bombings of other countries William Blum

Google 'Gulf War civilian casualties' if you're SO sure US doesn't bomb schools or hospitals or other civilian targets. Only way to go on thinking we're the good guys, or somehow all these combat operations are massacring civilians in the hundred of thousands is to not read. If your idea is limited to tv news, ya you probably think we're the good guys. If you read around though you'd be delusional in the extreme to try and say that.

Keep telling yourself that.

"The humanitarian disaster resulting from sanctions against Iraq has been frequently cited as a factor that motivated the September 11 terrorist attacks. Osama bin Laden himself mentioned the Iraq sanctions in a recent tirade against the United States. Critics of US policy in Iraq claim that sanctions have killed more than a million people, many of them children. Saddam Hussein puts the death toll at one and a half million. The actual numbers are lower than that, although still horrifying."
A Hard Look at Iraq Sanctions The Nation

"When asked on US television if she [Madeline Albright, US Secretary of State] thought that the death of half a million Iraqi children [from sanctions in Iraq] was a price worth paying, Albright replied: “This is a very hard choice, but we think the price is worth it.”"
Effects of Iraq Sanctions Global Issues

"The ongoing conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan have taken a tremendous toll on the people of those countries. At the very least, 174,000 civilians have been determined to have died violent deaths as a result of the war as of April 2014. The actual number of deaths, direct and indirect, as a result of the wars are many times higher than this figure."
Civilians Killed and Wounded Costs of War

"Since the U.N. began tracking civilian casualties in 2009, a total of 17,252 civilian deaths and 29,536 injuries have been recorded."
Civilian deaths in Afghanistan war reach new high in 2014 U.N. Reuters

"Documented civilian deaths from violence since 2003 US-led invasion
135,771 – 153,393 "
Iraq Body Count

I don't have to.
The videos taken by the people themselves and put on the web tell it is true.
But you just go ahead a believe the lies.

That's it. It's crucial to keep that in mind, especially if you live here.

They ARE continually promising to annihilate us --- that doesn't seem like good guys to me. I'm pretty sure that's bad guy talk.

thing is that I'm hardcore Conservative in my political views Delta and I and my type would never harm a hair on yer head !!

but wait for Sharia law and it'll be conservatives like me that try to help you .

No, a terrorist regime run by Islamic Nazis with imperialistic ambitions doesn't get to have a nuclear weapon.

Forum List

Back