Biased Political Poll Getting Answers They Want

Well in my opinion blind boo this poll slants far left, there aren’t any choices at all even for libertarian views in my opinion much less right. But who cares about where my thread went, it’s the fact that it was cast out as if it was an illegitimate post which it is not, it’s factual. So, to borrow your phrase, what gives?

Wanted to add I do appreciate your response because at least I know somebody saw it thanks:)

I'm sorry. It was so ridiculously slanted I couldn't imagine that any reputable polling organization would ask a question like that nor would a reasonably educated person not see though the slant. So I added to the ridiculousness of it.

Not that sorry either. :cheers2: I guess I could have added a Left Hand of Satan answer too

D-Triple-C​

• the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
  • the official campaign arm of the Democrats in the House of Representatives
  • the only political committee in the country whose principal mission is to support Democratic House candidates every step of the way to fortify and expand our new Democratic Majority
This is the group that was running the poll that ClaireH was referring to...obviously they broomed it off of their site...
I wish Claire had at least got a screen shot. Never heard of the DCCC, but that makes sense. So when I see the 404 errors on here, it means somebody has linked a sight or article so jaded, the people that have the website and put it out were embarrassed to have it up?

There is no way to tell how it slants, or even the results. All I get following the link is a 404 error.
Here ya go white:

1645044027525.png

I'm sorry. It was so ridiculously slanted I couldn't imagine that any reputable polling organization would ask a question like that nor would a reasonably educated person not see though the slant. So I added to the ridiculousness of it.

Not that sorry either. :cheers2: I guess I could have added a Left Hand of Satan answer too
Well BB I agree 100% with your take that “It was so ridiculously slanted I couldn't imagine that any reputable polling organization would ask a question like that nor would a reasonably educated person not see though the slant.”

Well BB I agree 100% with your take that “It was so ridiculously slanted I couldn't imagine that any reputable polling organization would ask a question like that nor would a reasonably educated person not see though the slant.”
Calls um like I sees um. It's not unbias, nor does it claim to be.

Calls um like I sees um. It's not unbias, nor does it claim to be.
I was actually holding out hope blind boo, that you were a little bit smarter than I initially thought, but now I’m back at bottom level zero for you with my rating lol No worries, there are a few other posters who don’t read standing along Ground Zero level with you;)

I was actually holding out hope blind boo, that you were a little bit smarter than I initially thought, but now I’m back at bottom level zero for you with my rating lol No worries, there are a few other posters who don’t read standing along Ground Zero level with you;)

Truly, I'm devastated. :blahblah:

It wasn't even a poll was it? Wasn't it a survey for Democrats?

Truly, I'm devastated. :blahblah:

It wasn't even a poll was it? Wasn't it a survey for Democrats?
First question of the questionnaire: are you a Democrat, yes or no. I answered no and was still given the subsequent questions to answer. You’re going to see what you want to see, and for you to say that it wasn’t biased is very telling about how you think.

So Cheers… let’s end now so we don’t bore the readers wasting screenspace. Feel free to have the last word but I’m done. Nothing worse than repetitive crap.

I wish Claire had at least got a screen shot. Never heard of the DCCC, but that makes sense. So when I see the 404 errors on here, it means somebody has linked a sight or article so jaded, the people that have the website and put it out were embarrassed to have it up?
You've never heard of the DCCC?!?

How about the NRCC?

First question of the questionnaire: are you a Democrat, yes or no. I answered no and was still given the subsequent questions to answer. You’re going to see what you want to see, and for you to say that it wasn’t biased is very telling about how you think.

So Cheers… let’s end now so we don’t bore the readers wasting screenspace. Feel free to have the last word but I’m done. Nothing worse than repetitive crap.
First question of the poll was Are you a STRONG Democrat. There is no option for non-Democrats.

Nevertheless, the term you are looking for is a "push poll". They are very common, though this one is more subtle. And push polls are usually used to force a negative opinion about an opponent.

Q: Just how big a dickhead is Bob Jones?

A: A GIANT dickhead.
B: A fair to middling dickhead.
C: A pinky sized dickhead.

First question of the poll was Are you a STRONG Democrat. There is no option for non-Democrats.

Nevertheless, the term you are looking for is a "push poll". They are very common, though this one is more subtle. And push polls are usually used to force a negative opinion about an opponent.

Q: Just how big a dickhead is Bob Jones?

A: A GIANT dickhead.
B: A fair to middling dickhead.
C: A pinky sized dickhead.
I appreciate you pointing that out about “strong” Democrat. It is still skewed by the answers that are allowed. If I were a Democrat (strong, middle of the road, or weak) I would say the same thing. It leaves out completely any option to indicate Biden is not doing a good job. That my friend, is bogus, however we slice and dice it. It also gives me a clearer understanding when the media quotes polls that - all Democrats believe X. I will now know that might not really be the case.

That's fine, np, but recall your OP didn't have that first question. Just this question.

“How would you rate the Biden-Harris Administration and Congressional Democrats’ handling of the COVID-19 pandemic so far?
Choices:
1. Excellent
2. Very Good
3. Good
4. Okay
5. Unsure

I welcome comments from all posters who can shed more light about how polling orgs use polls- just like this one

You've never heard of the DCCC?!?

How about the NRCC?
No. I assume that means the republican got one too. I'm independent and don't particularly like being marketed to. I don't think independents have a website.

No. I assume that means the republican got one too. I'm independent and don't particularly like being marketed to. I don't think independents have a website.
This is the blurry side. There are people who no matter their political affiliation has been messed with by those with power. Perhaps affecting their families. And the ones guilty of transgressions have gotten away with it. Even if they clean up their act, the destruction has occurred for others.

This is the blurry side. There are people who no matter their political affiliation has been messed with by those with power. Perhaps affecting their families. And the ones guilty of transgressions have gotten away with it. Even if they clean up their act, the destruction has occurred for others.
Makes me glad Independents don't have a site. We just have to hope to see something written by normal people, wherever we find it across the internet, but being the internet, it is often not to be found. Normal people don't make the splash of the radical right and left.

Um...the DCCC and NRCC are not web sites, though they each have one. They have been around longer than the internet.

I am surprised someone who has posted 20 thousand times on a political forum in two years has never heard of them.

Um...the DCCC and NRCC are not web sites, though they each have one. They have been around longer than the internet.

I am surprised someone who has posted 20 thousand times on a political forum in two years has never heard of them.
Think I am missing much by not getting info (directly) from those two? Poli Sci was not my major.

Think I am missing much by not getting info (directly) from those two? Poli Sci was not my major.
I'm not saying you should get info from them, but you should have at least heard of them if you are posting that prolifically on a political forum.

I'm not saying you should get info from them, but you should have at least heard of them if you are posting that prolifically on a political forum.
??? My being an independent, you can see from the "About" pages of their websites, why I would not have much interest these two organization. All I can say about them, is they both plainly state what they are about, but neither are what I have been about.
1645113794952.png

1645113951424.png

Forum List

Back