Beto Admits Non-Compliant AR-15 Owners Would Receive a ‘Visit from a Law-Enforcement Officer’

“What’s the next step for the federal government there?” Joe Scarborough asked O’Rourke on MSNBC, giving the example of a “rancher in Texas” who refuses to give up his AR-15.

“I think just as in any law that is not followed or flagrantly abused there have to be consequences or else there is no respect for the law,” O’Rourke responded. “So in that case I think there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm and make sure that it is purchased, bought back, so that it cannot be potentially used against somebody else.”
Beto Admits Non-Compliant AR-15 Owners Would Receive a 'Visit From a Law enforcement Officer' Under His Plan | National Review

First, let's dismiss the idea that anti-gun loons in general disagree with Beto about banning and confiscating 'assault weapons' - if you support banning 'assault weapons' but not confiscating them you support a restriction on the rights of the law abiding for no purpose whatsoever, as criminals and mass shooter will still have access to 'assault weapons' currently in private hahands.

So, obvious questions to the 'ban assault weapons' crowd:
- How do you know who has an 'assault weapon'?
- How do you know someone did not sell back their 'assault weapon'
- How do you know which houses to send law enforcement?
- How many FBI / ATF agents do you think will be necessary to force compliance with the ban?
- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice to force compliance with the ban?

Good fucking luck with that, Beto.

someone close to us or a friend turns you in otherwise the State isn't going door to door. They would first check records and if it not registered then you will be visited

either you have the weapon or you don't. If you don't what the wolf
if you do then register it

See the first one as it is a repeat question

- How many FBI / ATF agents do you think will be necessary to force compliance with the ban?

who knows but hey it a job which will increase employment

- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice to force compliance with the ban?

There is no sacrifice except for the person who believes it best to shoot it out versus using legal means. Such believes indicate that such a person should not own a weapon because obvious they believe that they are willing to kill in order to keep their weapon. Still they will come in force
I am sure there are maybe one or two but most will choose the legal means.

My Turn

How many innocent people should die due to a John Wayne mentality?

Ps - he was just an actor

Its a fun what if but

Still its all hypothetical and I think Beto is a politician but holds no office at this time.

So you're saying we need to send the police to every home in the nation for a search?
LOL....it would be a bloodbath and the local authorities know it.
Especially in states that give a shit about our Constitution.
Ad the fact that most Police forces in the south wont take weapons from law abiding citizens.
Weapon confiscation is a liberal pipe dream.

6255E6B9-24A4-4737-BED2-45636B7039E3.jpeg

The NRA's strength is voters, not money.

People VOTE on specifically the gun issue. It is fatal in most parts of the US to be like Beto, and the Dems know it.

The NRA's strength is invoking fear.

Wait until some south Americans/mehicans try and pull a home invasion on your ass,you'll change your mind right quick.
Fortunately I was raised around firearms when they tried that shit on me.

Beto is just the tip of the iceberg. Hard core democrats probably long for the day when Jews and Catholics and people who own a MAGA hat receive a visit from law-enforcement.

“What’s the next step for the federal government there?” Joe Scarborough asked O’Rourke on MSNBC, giving the example of a “rancher in Texas” who refuses to give up his AR-15.

“I think just as in any law that is not followed or flagrantly abused there have to be consequences or else there is no respect for the law,” O’Rourke responded. “So in that case I think there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm and make sure that it is purchased, bought back, so that it cannot be potentially used against somebody else.”
Beto Admits Non-Compliant AR-15 Owners Would Receive a 'Visit From a Law enforcement Officer' Under His Plan | National Review

First, let's dismiss the idea that anti-gun loons in general disagree with Beto about banning and confiscating 'assault weapons' - if you support banning 'assault weapons' but not confiscating them you support a restriction on the rights of the law abiding for no purpose whatever, as criminals and mass shooter will still have access to 'assault weapons' currently in private hahands.

- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice t force compliance with the ban?

National Registry/mandatory insurance with heavy fines/prison time for those caught out of compliance. Not an overnight fix but will certainly weed out most in the years to come.
Why doesn't it work with criminals now?
After all it's already illegal for felons to have a gun
And they are subject to no notice home inspections.

First, let's dismiss the idea that anti-gun loons in general disagree with Beto about banning and confiscating 'assault weapons' - if you support banning 'assault weapons' but not confiscating them you support a restriction on the rights of the law abiding for no purpose whatever, as criminals and mass shooter will still have access to 'assault weapons' currently in private hahands.

- How many FBI / ATF agents are you willing to sacrifice t force compliance with the ban?

National Registry/mandatory insurance with heavy fines/prison time for those caught out of compliance. Not an overnight fix but will certainly weed out most in the years to come.

I guess if my HOA says I have to give em up......

First, let's dismiss the idea that anti-gun loons in general disagree with Beto about banning and confiscating 'assault weapons' - if you support banning 'assault weapons' but not confiscating them you support a restriction on the rights of the law abiding for no purpose whatsoever, as criminals and mass shooter will still have access to 'assault weapons' currently in private hahands.

If you guys do not give up your guns, then we'll send our guys with guns, to come steal your property!

Good luck with that

You're right, will never happen as long as we allow the NRA to dictate our gun legislation.
The NRA IS MADE UP OF AVERAGE CITIZENS
and there are other gun right groups that actually fight against assaults on my rights
Those groups I contribute too.

your HOA needs a visit at their home to fix that shit.

If you guys do not give up your guns, then we'll send our guys with guns, to come steal your property!

Thank you for describing the need for the 2nd most succinctly.

your HOA needs a visit at their home to fix that shit.

Living in Texas I dont think it'll be an issue.
Although they do have the power when it comes to your choice in shingles.
I signed on when I bought the house so it's on me.......

Read it in the context of the era… LOL

I am. It's 2019 and guns should be well-regulated. Just like our founding fathers said.
Na, not really
Registration is unconstitutional

Let me check.....Nope it's not.
Lol
Show us where registration is required in the constitution

It's right next to the part where registration is forbidden in the constitution.
Lol
You can’t make up frivolous gun control laws and expect people to except them, It’s called a banana republic.

Good luck with that

You're right, will never happen as long as we allow the NRA to dictate our gun legislation.

Nothing to do with the NRA. They are just a leftist bogeyman.

The money trail says otherwise.

Counting up how much the NRA spends on campaigns, lobbying

If you add it all up -- candidate and party contributions, independent expenditures, and lobbying -- the NRA has spent $203.2 million on political activities since 1998.
Nothing burger

The NRA's strength is voters, not money.

People VOTE on specifically the gun issue. It is fatal in most parts of the US to be like Beto, and the Dems know it.
Yep,
I’m basically a one issue voter, in millions of Americans are just like me...

/——/An who decides on the legal definition of an assault weapon? Beto? Because it’s a madd up word.

Sorry, I lost my weapons in the flood. Nothing to register here.

Yes.....the nazi and communist parties want their plan back...thank you for showing us you are a fascist...

Forum List

Back