Best Rock n Roll Voice All Time

Chris Cornell- Soundgarden & Audioslave
Ronnie James Dio- Dio, Black Sabbath & Rainbow
Geoff Tate- Queensryche
Freddie Mercury- Queen
Layne Staley- Alice in Chains

Wow, I just realized 4 out of these 5 are dead now

As a pretty fair Karaoke singer I can do a passable job on just about anything except Chris Cornell. That guy was almost supernaturally good.

Male rockers - Freddie Mercury, Cliff Richard, and a young Elton John (Pre-1980's). And I have to give Elvis Presley a vote, he could sing any style of music. Females - Linda Ronstadt and Anne Wilson of Heart.

Impossible contest// so many, so different. Ronnie Van Zandt, mick Jagger......probaby 1000 of them tied.

But Mercury really sang properly. Not so much just a different type screamer like Janis Joplin.

Steve Perry
Freddie Mercury
Paul McCartney
Robert Plant
Roger Daltrey
Elvis
John Fogarty
Steven Tyler
Bob Seger
Tom Petty
Don Henley
Jeff Lynne
Stevie Nicks
Grace Slick
Pat Benetar
Anne Wilson
Pink
Tina Turner
Deborah Harry
Beth Hart

Surprised no one has put Robert Plant in here. Took a while for JJ too.
Actually, that was who I first thought of. . . I do like his work better, but C'mon, Meatloaf trained in Opera. I could not in good conscious, say that Plant is better.

Actually, that was who I first thought of. . . I do like his work better, but C'mon, Meatloaf trained in Opera. I could not in good conscious, say that Plant is better.
Can't say I've heard a lot of Meatloaf, but I just listened to "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and I think Freddy Mercury and Plant are better. Music is like wine though, everyone has different tastes.

Forum List

Back