Best Rock n Roll Voice All Time

Paul Rogers ofBad Company gets my vote.

Great choice.
I have totally separate lists for heavy metal and r&b, etc. But for rock
Paul Rodgers is my #5 of 10

My favorite is Vince Neil of Motley Crue. I think he crosses the metal//rock 'barrier '.

Steve Perry.
Rik Emmett ( Triumph )
Ann Wilson
Paul Rodgers
Eric Clapton
Steve Winwood
Brad Delp ( Boston )
Stevie Nicks
Geddy Lee

Last edited:
out of the folks you guys mentioned, i would pick Chris Cornell.

i would add to the mix Steve Perry, ex-Journey

and of course Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction, though he is an acquired taste

2 Perrys, a Cornell, and a Farell. go figure!

The King!
354022931_817866169911145_8176711457446131599_n.jpg

My vote is going have to be Steve Perry. I loved most of his songs. He seemed to have such a strong voice and strong emotions in all his songs he sang. "Foolish Heart" On of My Favorites.

Frankie Valli

I also would have to say Frankie Valli from the Four Seasons
Loved the Song - Rag Doll

Last edited:
Great choice.
I have totally separate lists for heavy metal and r&b, etc. But for rock
Paul Rodgers is my #5 of 10

My favorite is Vince Neil of Motley Crue. I think he crosses the metal//rock 'barrier '.

Steve Perry.
Rik Emmett ( Triumph )
Ann Wilson
Paul Rodgers
Eric Clapton
Steve Winwood
Brad Delp ( Boston )
Stevie Nicks
Geddy Lee

Alex Lifeson is clearly the best. :laugh2:

Kidding aside, it's Freddy.
Rush is my favorite band, and that version wasn't bad for 30 years later!
Geddy Lee deserves to be on that list.

For about 3 years Yngwie was the best shredder
by peer consensus in the early 80s west coast metal club scene.

He was sort of the first to take what EVH essentially brought to the next level.
Yngwie with Steeler 1983

Wow. I was just thinking about Eddie. I was thinking about how a lot of folks call him the greatest, however Eddie admitted that he couldn't do what he did had it not been for Les Paul. This is why I disagree with anyone being called the best in music. Music is an evolving art form.

I saw Yngwie play in Boston in the G3 tour. Extremely impressive. Every musician should see him play at least once.

Wow. I was just thinking about Eddie. I was thinking about how a lot of folks call him the greatest, however Eddie admitted that he couldn't do what he did had it not been for Les Paul. This is why I disagree with anyone being called the best in music. Music is an evolving art form.

I saw Yngwie play in Boston in the G3 tour. Extremely impressive. Every musician should see him play at least once.
There's a great Paul Gilbert interview where he's talking about a guy from Pennsylvania called him and said you got to hear this guy played anyway over the phone he was blown away.

Rick Beato interviewed Tommy Emanuel who mentioned Chet Atkins from the 30s and 40 s ?
Or 40s and 50s....being a huge influence.

Forum List

Back