Best rifle for hunting whitetail deer

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.
I wouldn't know a thirty aught six from a bottle of 409 but I wouldn't make an inappriapriate comment like yours. Haven't you ever bonded with the guys before? You should stay out of threads where you can't contribute meaningfully.

Can't contribute meaningfully? Or do you mean that I might say stuff you don't like. There are places for where you can talk and control the conversation only to your liking, and it's not on a message board like this one.

So I take it you wouldn't go hunting for deer fairly then? MEN go hunting unfairly...... that's what male bonding is, the joy of the hunt knowing full well you can't lose.

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.
only after you kill the cow that supplies the leather for your boots and wallet with your bare hands

Yeah, well they're not made of leather..... so..... oh, I'm a vegetarian, by the way.
So go out and graze on the lawn idiot. Just don't Moo or get caught around a salt lick.

Can't contribute meaningfully? Or do you mean that I might say stuff you don't like. There are places for where you can talk and control the conversation only to your liking, and it's not on a message board like this one.

So I take it you wouldn't go hunting for deer fairly then? MEN go hunting unfairly...... that's what male bonding is, the joy of the hunt knowing full well you can't lose.

so do you kill your hamburgers with your bare hands

if not, STFU

I wouldn't know a thirty aught six from a bottle of 409 but I wouldn't make an inappriapriate comment like yours. Haven't you ever bonded with the guys before? You should stay out of threads where you can't contribute meaningfully.

Kinda like when you troll for johnson under an overpass....

so do you kill your hamburgers with your bare hands

if not, STFU
I don't even want to think about how a liberal would kill a 1,300 lb bull with his bare hands. I'm sure the bull would die happy though.

I like my Winchester 700 in .270.
Sold the 30.06 because it was way more than needed in Texas.
The .270 shoots reasonably flat and will knock down larger animals such as Mule deer and Axis without a problem.

I think a .270 is an excellent deer round. I have owned 2 (a Rem 700 was a sweet shooter). Both were good rifles, but the 700 was the more accurate. I never had a deer leave the scene.
I want to spend a lot but I don't want a deer to leave the scene. So you don't get the cheapest, but what's the most expensive/best and what the best bang for my buck

The .270 shoots reasonably flat and will knock down larger animals such as Mule deer and Axis without a problem.

I think a .270 is an excellent deer round. I have owned 2 (a Rem 700 was a sweet shooter). Both were good rifles, but the 700 was the more accurate. I never had a deer leave the scene.
I want to spend a lot but I don't want a deer to leave the scene. So you don't get the cheapest, but what's the most expensive/best and what the best bang for my buck
Single shot 450 Nitro Express. Deer/Elk/Goat and Bear. Three bucks a cartridge though.

The Winchester 700 series is the most used deer rifle or sniper rifle in history. And they dont cost a fortune.
You cant beat em unless you want to spend way more money. It's an American classic that still works.
Remington Model 700 - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery

only after you kill the cow that supplies the leather for your boots and wallet with your bare hands

Yeah, well they're not made of leather..... so..... oh, I'm a vegetarian, by the way.

images

Humans are omnivores. It's evolutionary.

However if you want to raise 'your offspring' on a vegan diet don't complain at the results that achieves you if they don't receive the proteins required for healthy cerebral development.

Now someone pass me an my family a haunch of roast deer so we don't become like progressives raised on a vegetarian diet.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Whitetail deer are not huge animals. Nor are they particularly tough skinned. So anything above a .243 should work well enough. (yeah, I know there are people who hunt deer with a .223, but not me)

As for action, I think the Ruger No. 1 is the best. Being a single shot, you lose about 4 inches of overall length, while keeping the same barrel length.

Anyone else have an opinion?

a buddy of mine his daughter uses a 22-250 she does very well

i like my 30-06 but i seldom high power deer hunt

i usually use bow out here and a slug season in southern Minnesota

The Winchester 700 series is the most used deer rifle or sniper rifle in history. And they dont cost a fortune.
You cant beat em unless you want to spend way more money. It's an American classic that still works.
Remington Model 700 - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery

my brother in law has a pre 64 model 70 Winchester in 243 that is and

always has been a sweet rifle

You're being disruptive and off-topic. If you want to ridicule hunting, start a thread and enjoy the solitude.

I have an invite to go to Gillette, Wyoming and shoot prairie dogs in exchange for free camp space plus one meal a day. I'm thinking a 223 with a bipod and good scope.

That would be a blast!!!
I would actually go and buy a new rifle for it!!!
Full RV hook up plus a picnic table overlooking the "dog town" and a free lunch. A LOT of those farmers up there do that. A broken leg on cattle costs them dearly.

Forum List

Back