Best Memories - share 'em if you got 'em

It sounds beautiful. :)

Every spring that we were together, my husband and I would sing the Hamm's beer song the first time we saw water instead of snow and ice, here in the land of lakes.

"From the land of sky blue waters ..."

I can not climb ropes well. In Boot camp I was stuck at an obstacle where you climb a rope, crawl up onto a log beam run across logs climb a ladder and then come down a rope.

My CO ( commanding officer) suddenly showed up. I had failed the rope climb about 5 times by that point. 2 other recruits were struggling on their first attempt.

He shouted at them he would fail them if they did not climb the rope. Suddenly I scrambled up the rope and over the log. LOL.

But it doesn't end there. At the top you are about3 stories up, I am terrified of heights. You have to reach out and grab the rope then swing out and climb down. I couldn't get up the nerve to reach out for the rope. The CO was screaming at me as were a couple Drill Instructors. The CO finally reached out and demonstrated how it was safe to swing out. I still couldn't do it. Then he said disgusted like. " Fine go down the ladder and quit"

I was embarrassed by his disdain and so I reached out took the rope and swung out. Of course as tired as my arms were the climb down was no fun.

I was like a monkey. I would climb anything.

Share a memory, Spock. :lol:

It would be bragging.

I remember my paternal grandfather squirting milk in my mouth while he was milking a cow. He laughed really hard. He didn't speak any English, so I didn't know what was so funny.

My mother. Damn she was so awesome. My mom was the awesomest

First trip to Florida. No one fucked with her. So we are on the road. My mother noticed that everyone coming by us had sweaters on.

So she decided we should roll up all the windows. And put on sweaters not realizing they had air conditioning

So as we are dying in the car and not wanting to say anything..............................

My favorite memory?

Shooting JFK from the grassy knoll...

Wiring the Twin Towers for detonation comes in a close second.

I once went on a McDonald's run with a coworker after midnight on a weekday. This'd be late 80's, early 90's. As we pulled out of McDonald's, 'Footloose' started playing. He stopped, got out of the car, and danced the dance from the movie. I mean seriously, in the middle of the road, car running, door open - he's dancing alongside.

I took a dump on the Golden Gate bridge once.:eusa_shifty:

I once went on a McDonald's run with a coworker after midnight on a weekday. This'd be late 80's, early 90's. As we pulled out of McDonald's, 'Footloose' started playing. He stopped, got out of the car, and danced the dance from the movie. I mean seriously, in the middle of the road, car running, door open - he's dancing alongside.

Excellent. Leave one for Nancy Pelosi.

Excellent. Leave one for Nancy Pelosi.

:lol:

Hope you got out of your car before you did it....

I sure did, I was in a position of where I had two choices, either just go in my pants while driving and pull over somewhere in San Francisco to wash off, or just get out of the car and do it right there on the bridge. Traffic was backed up and not moving I just got out, people were beeping and yelling but I had no choice.

The first time I played music in front of an audience. So nervous before I didn't eat dinner for fear of puking, but it was exhilarating even with the cramps in my hands (playing bass).

Walking on the beach in Nova Scotia 40 plus years ago with my dad and grand dad digging mussels. I can still smell the surf.

My first look at my wife's naked body. Wow.

Being told I was forgiven and loved from God, via some woman babbling in tongues in a church I never went to before that day. I was pretty much a mess with guilt and a friend asked me to go with her. I thought it would give me some peace, being in His House.

I won't go into detail, but what she said out of the blue, staring straight at me...I knew.

Forum List

Back