Best gun for an old lady with RA

If Grace's heart is set on a revolver, I'd say that's an excellent choice.

My wife likes that one too. I'm thinking about one myself but I'm also looking at the Ruger LCP and the Kel tek P3AT for summer pocket carry. The LCP/LC9 is relatively new technology for Ruger, I'll probably wait a few years on that one were as Kel tek has been using and refining the same technology for years in their pistols.

I almost bought a P3AT last week, but the price wasn't right. My Glock is difficult to conceal in the Summer.

Please don't get a 22, they will not put someone on the ground. The 357 has the kick of a mule, I know I have one. The Lady Smith has a small frame, 38 cal. will put a man on the ground and very low recoil, It holds 5 rounds, double action. If that doesn't do it you are out of luck anyway.

If Grace's heart is set on a revolver, I'd say that's an excellent choice.

My wife likes that one too. I'm thinking about one myself but I'm also looking at the Ruger LCP and the Kel tek P3AT for summer pocket carry. The LCP/LC9 is relatively new technology for Ruger, I'll probably wait a few years on that one were as Kel tek has been using and refining the same technology for years in their pistols.

I almost bought a P3AT last week, but the price wasn't right. My Glock is difficult to conceal in the Summer.

Hell a Glock is difficult to conceal when you're wearing a parka. Might as well carry a friggin' Desert Eagle. :lol:

Please don't get a 22, they will not put someone on the ground. The 357 has the kick of a mule, I know I have one. The Lady Smith has a small frame, 38 cal. will put a man on the ground and very low recoil, It holds 5 rounds, double action. If that doesn't do it you are out of luck anyway.

There's always one.
Let's test your resolve considering the 22 caliber. You stand 9 yards downrange and I'll shoot you with it. Deal?

Hell a Glock is difficult to conceal when you're wearing a parka. Might as well carry a friggin' Desert Eagle. :lol:

Yeah, but the women are always happy to see me. :cool:

(Actually, it's not so bad since I'm pretty skinny.)

Here's what I'd like to get, but the paper work is a mess not to mention the price.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=topvideos_mf]YouTube - AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun!!![/ame]

Yeah, but the women are always happy to see me. :cool:

(Actually, it's not so bad since I'm pretty skinny.)

:lol:
I'm not a Glock fan. Not because they're bad sidearms, I just can't stand the ergonomics. For me it's like holding a 2 x 4 nailed to a mouse trap and I'm a big guy with very large paws.
(Yes ladies, the size of as man's hands does determine the size of..... well you get the drift......) :eusa_whistle: :cool:

I'm not a Glock fan. Not because they're bad sidearms, I just can't stand the ergonomics. For me it's like holding a 2 x 4 nailed to a mouse trap and I'm a big guy with very large paws.
(Yes ladies, the size of as man's hands does determine the size of..... well you get the drift......) :eusa_whistle: :cool:

Reeeeeeeeeealllllllllllllllyy? :eusa_angel:

virtual_love_01.jpg

:D

Here's his picture:

proboscis-monkey.gif

And the ladies just love it....... :eusa_whistle:

Ok....he bought a 38 special, charter arms, powder coat. He said it is light, but a strong kick. I hope it doesn't kick too badly. He picks it up next friday. He paid about 468 bucks which includes shells for Matilda (my 357).

He took a pic of it with his cell phone. Looks good.
Now I need to name it. I AM female, ya know. Gotta name stuff.
Hmm. Eunice. Yeah. I like that name.

Ok....he bought a 38 special, charter arms, powder coat. He said it is light, but a strong kick. I hope it doesn't kick too badly. He picks it up next friday. He paid about 468 bucks which includes shells for Matilda (my 357).
A Charter is a fair piece. Don't shoot it too much. Just enough to get used to it.(200 rounds or so)
A 38 really has no "kick" at all. You'll be fine ( please wear ear plugs or muffs) Don't wind up like me:(
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. 24/7/365

After more thought, forget the 38. Get a pump 20 guage and have someone put a pistol grip on it. Not a lot of recoil and you can get 5 rounds in the gun at one time. You don't need to go to the range. Cut the barrel to minimum legal lenght, I think 18". Just point in their direction and pull the tirgger, you are going to hit them no matter what they do. A dead center show is not required.

Good luck.

Actually, Matilda felt good in my hand. I just pulled her out of her case (no, she is not loaded) and dry fired it once. Weight was good. Didn't hurt my hand at all. Grip felt good, too. So if this 38 is lighter than Matilda, no worries! I'll know in about 10 days.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/31348

22 Magnum round, around $300 and don't let the small dick compensators neigh say the smaller caliber, ballistics show it packs a punch.

MVC-263F.jpg
You're right. .22 magnum (hollow point) is a wicked little bullet to take in the belly or the face. It definitely will give an attacker pause.

Here is another nice little personal defense version. It's a HighStandard, 2 shot derringer with a holster that enables it to be carried in a back pocket like a wallet for absolute concealment and convenient carry.

GunwHolster.jpg

GunAlone.jpg

Ballistically speaking a 22 mag is useless in anything other than a rifle.It makes a hell of a racket and throws flame out of the barrel of a revolver. That's all.
The 45 Long Colt and 45 ACP are probably the best rounds for a handgun to get low recoil and serious knock down power.
357 and 44 mag are good choices but Magnaporting is a big help for........ummmm.......those without very strong hands and forearms:cool:.........unless you give a lot of handies !!!:tongue:
No question that the .45 is superior to .22 magnum, but lugging around a .45 can be a pain, especially in summer. The advantage to .22 magnum is concealability. That's all.

As far as it's effectiveness, you are quite right about the tremendous noise and muzzle blast, which would tend to scare the shit out of an attacker, I'll bet you wouldn't care to be hit in the face or belly with a .22 mag HP at close range.

Would I win that bet?

Forum List

Back