Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I know I did this 6 months ago but here goes again

Best

1) MMA- will be a Jack of all trades but you will never excel at one thing

2) Wrestling- has both stand up and ground . You have zero striking . You control the fight

3) MT - Thai fighting with boxing , kicks and elbows and knees . Sucks in defense and movement

4) Boxing - a good cross or hook will KO most .
Very limited .
5) Kickboxing- has boxing with flashy kicks and good defense and movement

6) BJJ - submission wizard . Has no striking and weak take downs . Too complex and the guard is useless against striking

7) sambo - good take downs and submissions but hard to find

8) Krav Maga- superb starter system but very limited. Does update karate and has weapon defense

Last edited:
The worst that will get you killed
1) Kung Fu - silly everything and even the Chinese don’t do it . For the movies !!!
2) Akido - utterly silly and useless
3) TKD- only works if you’re a gymnast. If not ..good luck
4) karate - too outdated and too many katas . Needs to be updated . Could be very good but 90 percent of the things are garbage

5) Judo - only effective with the Gi and in sports
Has zero striking

You seem very opinionated. Have you studied each of those arts?

As to self-defense, I have a few belts in my drawer, but I also practice the ancient art of G'un. The ability to toss small metal pellets at high speed from a distance to various vital points of an attacker's body is not only very effective, but also honors the well-sought "economy of motion" skill.

Last edited:
As with most things in their culture, Israelis use Krav Maga as a no-nonsense means to survive in a deadly situation. It isn't graceful or artistic but it seems to work for their military. That's good enough for me. Unfortunately, I'm too old to perform any of them well, EXCEPT for the G'un mentioned earlier.

Judo is not one of the worst, it is one of the best. Ronda Rousey provides a good example, as she used Judo instead of hand to hand fighting during her championship years.

Best = Jab them in the eye with your thumb and run like hell.

Or just shoot them and drag them into the basement for proper disposal. Be cognizant that dead bodies are a hell of a lot heavier than they look. So try to get them down there under their own power beforehand.

Be prepared.

Judo is not one of the worst, it is one of the best. Ronda Rousey provides a good example, as she used Judo instead of hand to hand fighting during her championship years.
Yeah but most of Judo only works with the gi
RR is so superb she was able to find a a super effective way to make it work

I am in my mid 40s and I have done some of them at a lower level
I wished I did them all as a kid

I can still train but I am getting a tad slower

This list is only attended to advise younger folks on which to pick

On thing Huge is that the quality of coaches greatly varies from school to school

I find rolling over on my back and peeing on my belly very effective. No one wants to mess with a grown man with pee on his belly, and no one gets hurt. The down side is that it can be difficult to pee on the belly while wearing pants.

I usually keep my wife with me for protection....
f3d744b1a795dfb758b1714c07f8acae.jpg

Forum List

Back