Bess Myerson, the 1st Jewish Miss America, dies at 90

Shall we all wear badges so that everyone will know our preferred ethnicities? Is it so terrible to be viewed as an individual?
At the time she became Miss America, they might as well have been wearing badges

:bsflag:
Far from it

There was a definite social strata for Jews in the 40s. Being Miss America wasn't part of that strata

At that time we were shut out of certain jobs and company's and couldn't rent apartments or buy homes in certain neighborhoods , that is a fact.

the jewish college professor and his family lived on the other side of the block when I was a kid during the rabid anti-semetic 1960s. I could also add the jewish doctors and lawyers in town as well as shopkeepers and school teachers, but that would likely ruin your persecution complex for a few seconds

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

the 1960s was when rabid anti Semitism became abated----
especially moved along by the statements of
Pope John XXlll -----gee you are dim

In the early 60s I was in second grade and one of the kids in my class invited me and another kid to his parents country club in Westchester County NY.
When we go there he turned to my friend and told him.....Whatever you do, don't tell anyone you are Jewish
He then turned to me and said...What are you?
I told him I was Catholic and he said.....Don't tell anyone you are Catholic either

In the early 60s I was in second grade and one of the kids in my class invited me and another kid to his parents country club in Westchester County NY.
When we go there he turned to my friend and told him.....Whatever you do, don't tell anyone you are Jewish
I told him I was Catholic and he said.....Don't tell anyone you are Catholic either

that was about right for the EARLY 60s----it was in the mid 60s that things began to change. As a kid----I was a "guest"----of Christian friends----who were members of the
"club"-----the local golf course and swimming pool--- I was cautioned not to state my real name-----that was circa 1960.
Back then little catholic girls and little protestant girls
argued points of theology------something about Mary----
I was clueless as to why the discussion was so full of RANCOR

Keep nursing your resentments, Smeagol.

Jack Benny the jew was racist cuz he treated Rochester so badly :whip:
In other words, you were made the ass and want to bring in Black people as a deflection form your stupid and failed post...lol.

you were not there so STFU
Yeah, I see you are mase becuase you were made the asshole, you rectum licker.

I didn't have to be there, I used her own words.

Are you going to come off as even more stupid by insinuating that she lied about the prejudice she faced???
Go on and do it RL, you are that stupid.

can I have that in English instead of ebonics thug?

Sure you can have it in English, you rectum licker!!!

I see you are mad because you were made the asshole of the thread.

You attempted to make the idiotic claim that the first Jewish Ms. America faced no racism.

I posted her very own statement to the contrary, again making you an ass.

So are you going to further your embrace of stupidity by suggesting that she lied about the prejudice she faced??

Now you have it in English, rectum licker.

Congratulations, you have earned IGNORE status.

At the time she became Miss America, they might as well have been wearing badges

Far from it

There was a definite social strata for Jews in the 40s. Being Miss America wasn't part of that strata

At that time we were shut out of certain jobs and company's and couldn't rent apartments or buy homes in certain neighborhoods , that is a fact.

the jewish college professor and his family lived on the other side of the block when I was a kid during the rabid anti-semetic 1960s. I could also add the jewish doctors and lawyers in town as well as shopkeepers and school teachers, but that would likely ruin your persecution complex for a few seconds

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

the 1960s was when rabid anti Semitism became abated----
especially moved along by the statements of
Pope John XXlll -----gee you are dim

really?

I was there, were you?

re-writing history is a liberal specialty

Jack Benny the jew was racist cuz he treated Rochester so badly :whip:
In other words, you were made the ass and want to bring in Black people as a deflection form your stupid and failed post...lol.

Are you going to come off as even more stupid by insinuating that she lied about the prejudice she faced???

You attempted to make the idiotic claim that the first Jewish Ms. America faced no racism.

So are you going to further your embrace of stupidity by suggesting that she lied about the prejudice she faced??

jewish is a race?

btw, didn't she come from hymietown?

of course that isn't racism

Last edited:
Behind the scenes, Ms. Myerson faced a thornier reality. In a time of rampant anti-Semitism, the Miss America pageant director urged her to change her name to make it sound less Jewish; she refused. As a Miss America representative, she found country clubs canceling her visits and corporate sponsorships dropping away.

"I said... the problem is that I'm Jewish, yes? And with that kind of name it'll be quite obvious to everyone else that I'm Jewish. And you don't want to have to deal with a Jewish Miss America. And that really was the bottom line. I said I can't change my name. You have to understand. I cannot change my name. I live in a building with two hundred and fifty Jewish families. The Sholom Aleichem apartment houses. If I should win, I want everybody to know that I'm the daughter of Louie and Bella Myerson."

I wonder who the people were that hated her because she was Jewish...

jesse Jackson would be an example

so if anti-Semitism was that bad, why did she win the pagent?
why jewish doctors, lawyers and professors?

Last edited:
Behind the scenes, Ms. Myerson faced a thornier reality. In a time of rampant anti-Semitism, the Miss America pageant director urged her to change her name to make it sound less Jewish; she refused. As a Miss America representative, she found country clubs canceling her visits and corporate sponsorships dropping away.

"I said... the problem is that I'm Jewish, yes? And with that kind of name it'll be quite obvious to everyone else that I'm Jewish. And you don't want to have to deal with a Jewish Miss America. And that really was the bottom line. I said I can't change my name. You have to understand. I cannot change my name. I live in a building with two hundred and fifty Jewish families. The Sholom Aleichem apartment houses. If I should win, I want everybody to know that I'm the daughter of Louie and Bella Myerson."

2125609-590737_phaser3.jpg

Topic Deflector at the ready!!!!!

Congratulations, you have earned IGNORE status.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

that was about right for the EARLY 60s----it was in the mid 60s that things began to change. As a kid----I was a "guest"----of Christian friends----who were members of the
"club"-----the local golf course and swimming pool--- I was cautioned not to state my real name-----that was circa 1960.
Yet ignorant posters will try to assert that your life's events never took place because of their ignorance...

Yet ignorant posters will try to assert that your life's events never took place because of their ignorance...

meanwhile ignorant posters that were not around then assert my life's events never took place b/c of their racism

hey recoon, put me on ignore

meanwhile ignorant posters that were not around then assert my life's events never took place b/c of their racism
Sounds like a family issue...handle that...

hey recoon, put me on ignore
I usually do, thirty seconds after I read a post from you...

Any decent country club doesn't allow papists(especially degenerate alcoholic micks), jews, blacks or pollacks.

Any decent country club doesn't allow papists(especially degenerate alcoholic micks), jews, blacks or pollacks.
Or poor white trash, neo-nazi's, white separatists, etc

Well obviously not poor people, yuck. Anyways, you could be a neo nazi or white separatist. The whole point of country clubs is to separate from non-whites. As long as you don't have nazi tattoos and keep your internet hate posts to the internet, you should be cool. In fact, there was an incident in Montana recently where a white nationalist named richard spencer got into a dispute with a big neo con jew that worked for the McCain campaign, can't remember his name at the moment .The jew left the club and Richard Spencer stayed.

So white separatist > jew

Well obviously not poor people, yuck. Anyways, you could be a neo nazi or white separatist. The whole point of country clubs is to separate from non-whites. As long as you don't have nazi tattoos and keep your internet hate posts to the internet, you should be cool. In fact, there was an incident in Montana recently where a white nationalist named richard spencer got into a dispute with a big neo con jew that worked for the McCain campaign, can't remember his name at the moment .The jew left the club and Richard Spencer stayed.

So one isolated case makes your ignorant rant SOP at country clubs???...thanks for the attempt at higher level thinking.
Come back next week and try again.

So one isolated case makes your ignorant rant SOP at country clubs???...thanks for the attempt at higher level thinking.
Come back next week and try again.
what would you know? You are too dark to be allowed into any country club. Except to serve drinks. Unless you were Colin Powell or something. ..

Forum List

Back