Bernie Sanders to hold livestream Youtube event with Starbucks employees in Buffalo tonight at 8ET

"Bill Gates Sr showed me that a stranger can change the life of another stranger. this was a revelation" - Howard Schultz

Last edited:
Starbucks made 4 billion dollars in profits this year. it's CEO Kevin Johnson was paid 17 million dollars in compensation. ex-CEO Howard Schultz got 1.5 billion dollars richer during the pandemic, and is now worth 5 billion dollars
Starbucks has 350,000 employees. If they paid the CEO nothing and give all of his salary to the employees they would each get $1 more… per week.

if they have that much wealth, they can afford to pay their workers more and let them unionize

The fact is, they don't have that much wealth, it's a publicly owned company. The investors have to be paid as well. Of course the commie sanders doesn't take that into consideration as he spews his propaganda. Also why is that ignorant woman still working there after the company helped her get her college degree? Did she not learn anything more marketable than pouring coffee?

Explain how the workers forming a union is a bad thing? This otta be good watching you flail on this
Since they manage to sell their coffee at 10 bucks a cup and people still buy it, I cant see anything negative here :p

Starbucks has some of the most over priced garbage coffee I have ever had. They do have some decent sandwiches they sell for 5 times what they are worth. I never understood the draw.

And commie sanders is incorrect. You have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You don't have a right to demand everything you want at the expense of others. There's no guarantee of happiness.

He would be correct if that is what he actually stood for but that is not the case. What they actually stand for is if ANY worker wants to be in a union then it is their constitutional right to force ALL workers into in a union.

And that is where unions went wrong.

If workers don't take a stand then they are not going to get ahead. In capitalism one does whatever is necessary to make gains. Simply working hard will never accomplish that. The vast majority of working people will side with the workers.

How much should you get paid to make coffee? Pouring hot water over ground up beans isn’t a life skill.

Oh well. I’ll just hang out and watch the wokster shit show.
People are paid according to their value to the company. Top executives generate sales and maximize profits. Good ones are hard to find. It is easy to go out and find some clerk who can make coffee and operate a cash register. Bernie Sanders is a con man. He makes all kinds of promises to gullible people just to get himself reelected. He is one of the liars who promised that nobody who earns less than $400K would get a tax increase under Biden and that was a LIE because the Dems tried to raise taxes on tobacco and gasoline and that affects millions who are not wealthy.

Forum List

Back