Bernie Sanders and the Middle Class

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Bernie Sanders: Yes, middle class will pay more taxes - CNN Video

Question for the Middle Class on the Board:

The Left keeps telling US how the Middle Class is getting screwed by Trump. Under Trump, the Middle Class is keeping more of its paycheck under Trump.

By Bernie’s own words, the Middle Class will need to give up more of its paycheck under his plan.

I thought he was only going after The Rich?

Realistically in order to have certain shared social programs such as universal healthcare and tuition free college education then the tax rates need to be raised for nearly every income bracket in my opinion. The more money you make the higher the taxes of course but overall for any national program funded by the government it would only be able to survive by having the middle class pay higher taxes too.

Realistically in order to have certain shared social programs such as universal healthcare and tuition free college education then the tax rates need to be raised for nearly income bracket in my opinion. The more money you make the higher the taxes of course but overall for any national program funded by the government it would only be able to survive by having the middle class pay higher taxes too.

Wrong. You people said that the rich can pay for this. Now, you people say the Middle Class must pay. Why, then, should the Middle Class pay if they can’t? Why did you move the goal post? Don’t justify your answer just because it is a “national” program.

Bernie Sanders: Yes, middle class will pay more taxes - CNN Video

Question for the Middle Class on the Board:

The Left keeps telling US how the Middle Class is getting screwed by Trump. Under Trump, the Middle Class is keeping more of its paycheck under Trump.

By Bernie’s own words, the Middle Class will need to give up more of its paycheck under his plan.

I thought he was only going after The Rich?

The 'Castro FanBoy' has special plans for the Middle Class if he wins....perhaps some Castro-Cuba-style 're-education...

Anyone that actually thought they were going to keep their money under any of the democrat candidates policies was crazy. Of course that's why he got so many democrat votes. They did not understand that free is never free.

Realistically in order to have certain shared social programs such as universal healthcare and tuition free college education then the tax rates need to be raised for nearly income bracket in my opinion. The more money you make the higher the taxes of course but overall for any national program funded by the government it would only be able to survive by having the middle class pay higher taxes too.

Wrong. You people said that the rich can pay for this. Now, you people say the Middle Class must pay. Why, then, should the Middle Class pay if they can’t? Why did you move the goal post? Don’t justify your answer just because it is a “national” program.

By "you people" i'm guessing you mean the Democratic candidates? I haven't said anything about only the rich paying for these programs. I'll try and answer your question though. In my personal opinion anybody that wants to utilize a publicly funded government program then that person should be paying into that system in some way, a progressive taxation system depending on your income is the most logical way to do that. Realistically the personal income tax wouldn't be the only tax that would be needed to fund these programs though. Increased corporate taxes and other taxes on profits generated by our markets and capitalist system would be part of that too in my opinion. Bernie Sanders and other candidates won't say that the middle class would need to pay more in taxes because it would cost them votes. If they were more honest as to why the taxation would be needed and how it would work then at the very least they wouldn't look like they were pandering for votes and vilifying the wealthy in my opinion.

By "you people" i'm guessing you mean the Democratic candidates? I haven't said anything about only the rich paying for these programs. I'll try and answer your question though. In my personal opinion anybody that wants to utilize a publicly funded government program then that person should be paying into that system in some way, a progressive taxation system depending on your income is the most logical way to do that. Realistically the personal income tax wouldn't be the only tax that would be needed to fund these programs though. Increased corporate taxes and other taxes on profits generated by our markets and capitalist system would be part of that too in my opinion. Bernie Sanders and other candidates won't say that the middle class would need to pay more in taxes because it would cost them votes. If they were more honest as to why the taxation would be needed and how it would work then at the very least they wouldn't look like they were pandering for votes and vilifying the wealthy in my opinion.

Then Bernie and those people should stop the con job that the wealthy can pay for all of this free stuff. The Middle Class is going to need a lot of persuading as to how it will benefit them to give up more money out of their paycheck. The wealthy could give a shit as more out of their paycheck means nothing and more out of the nothing paycheck of the poor means another tax cut.

Then Bernie and those people should stop the con job that the wealthy can pay for all of this free stuff. The Middle Class is going to need a lot of persuading as to how it will benefit them to give up more money out of their paycheck. The wealthy could give a shit as more out of their paycheck means nothing and more out of the nothing paycheck of the poor means another tax cut.

Yes it would do Sanders and other candidates well to be honest about what it takes to have a more egalitarian system in this country. It will either get embraced as its understood better or it will get rejected, but it's not realistic to say that these ideas can be funded by only taxing the top 1% in my opinion.

Forum List

Back