Bernie preaches about free stuff..

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
but doesn't donate anything to charity?
In fact when I did thishttp://www.bing.com/search?q=does%20bernie%20sanders%20donate%20money%20to%20the%20unfortunate%3F&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=does%20bernie%20sanders%20donate%20money%20to%20the%20unfortunate%3F&sc=0-27&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=ECD6614E1AAC48F79A042A35D467D7A9
bernie sanders and charity - Bing
All I got was a way to donate to HIM and unrelated things.
How can someone preach about giving away all this stuff, when he HIMSELF doesn't do it? If he cant do it willingly, what gives him the right to want to FORCE everyone else?

Where did he say "free"?

In fact when I did thishttp://www.bing.com/search?q=does%20bernie%20sanders%20donate%20money%20to%20the%20unfortunate%3F&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=does%20bernie%20sanders%20donate%20money%20to%20the%20unfortunate%3F&sc=0-27&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=ECD6614E1AAC48F79A042A35D467D7A9
How can someone preach about giving away all this stuff, when he HIMSELF doesn't do it? If he cant do it willingly, what gives him the right to want to FORCE everyone else?

Which candidate's website gives a rundown of their charitable contributions?

Where did he say "free"?

Did he say free or discounted tuition?

Where did he say "free"?

He has stated he wants to eliminate tuition at all public colleges and universities.

Where did he say "free"?

Bernie Sanders said: I pay for my program, by the way, through a tax on Wall Street speculation, which will not only make public colleges and universities tuition-free, it will substantially lower interest rates on college debt, a major crisis in this country.

Or... you could vote for the party that wrote hundreds of billions of tax refunds into the tax code, and then bitches about people wanting free stuff :rolleyes:

how many threads do we need on this subject, hon?

i'm sorry you think doing the right thing is about "free stuff".

me? I don't want to have to live behind barbed wire like anyone with money has to do in the banana republics.

you can't have the kind of disparity in wealth that we're having here. and it's a matter of good public policy to say everyone should have a leg up if they need it.

me? I don't want to have to live behind barbed wire like anyone with money has to do in the banana republics.

you can't have the kind of disparity in wealth that we're having here. and it's a matter of good public policy to say everyone should have a leg up if they need it.
It is, isn't it? He said it plain as day.
I honestly don't have a problem with free education, but I still think he is a hypocrite. Most people that support that stuff is, it seems like.
Barbed wire? Banana Republics? That's a little far fetched isn't it?

I honestly don't have a problem with free education, but I still think he is a hypocrite. Most people that support that stuff is, it seems like.

no. it really isn't about "free stuff". it's about doing the right thing at a core societal level. the whole "free stuff" thing is what you've been sold by people who have an interest in maintaining the disparity. me? I want everyone to be educated if they want to be. I want everyone to have health care. no one in the wealthiest country in the world should have to choose between eating and getting their medication. and no parent should have to deny an education to their child because they can't afford it.

in the old days, you could work your way through school. school is so expensive now that even if the low-wage jobs aren't taken by old people (courtesy of the economic crash of '08), it won't cover the cost of tuition.

no. it really isn't about "free stuff". it's about doing the right thing at a core societal level. the whole "free stuff" thing is what you've been sold by people who have an interest in maintaining the disparity. me? I want everyone to be educated if they want to be. I want everyone to have health care. no one in the wealthiest country in the world should have to choose between eating and getting their medication. and no parent should have to deny an education to their child because they can't afford it.

in the old days, you could work your way through school. school is so expensive now that even if the low-wage jobs aren't taken by old people (courtesy of the economic crash of '08), it won't cover the cost of tuition.
No one is entitled to those things. That is a big problem with this world.
The earth owes you nothing
Our government owes you nothing
I owe you nothing
And it is free stuff. It isn't spun. It is directly from his mouth.
All it is is emotional.
Like I said, I really have no problem with it. And we would be a lot better off if people were educated at a higher level. You would have to be dumb to think otherwise.

Like I said, I really have no problem with it. And we would be a lot better off if people were educated at a higher level. You would have to be dumb to think other

Then uh.......... what was the point of this thread?

Actually you started out whining that you didn't find info on Sanders' charitable contributions on his website -- which wouldn't be there anyway since it's a political campaign site. That never did get essplained.

Thread done vaporized itself.

BRAVESHART.jpg

Like I said, I really have no problem with it. And we would be a lot better off if people were educated at a higher level. You would have to be dumb to think other

Actually you started out whining that you didn't find info on Sanders' charitable contributions on his website -- which wouldn't be there anyway since it's a political campaign site. That never did get essplained.

His hypocrisy, Pogo.
I posted search results...

His hypocrisy, Pogo.
I posted search results...

Is that what that 89,247-character link was? ;)
I didn't click it.

I don't think you'd find my charitable contributions on an internet search either though. Why would they be there? How does a search (on Bing no less) prove a negative?

And not only did you use a cheap me-too search engine, you've got limiting search terms like "unfortunate" in there. Looks like it's engineered to come up empty. Now on a more honest Google search of simply "Sanders charitable contributions" the first link that shows up accounts some $8500, plus an honorarium and book royalties donated to charity last year. Plus there was that drug guy recently, the one with the weird name who jacked up the price of AIDS medicine, whose contribution was rejected and sent off to another charity. IIRC that was $2700.

Meanwhile we have other wags on this board whining that Sanders isn't rich enough to run for POTUS. Literally.

Besides which, personal charitable contributions are not analogous to institutional social programs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back